Thread Rating:
Leeds news
Experienced goalkeeper Alex Cairns has re-signed for Leeds United on a two-year contract.

The 31-year-old came through the Whites' academy and made his professional debut with the club before leaving for Chesterfield in 2015.

He spent last term with Salford City, keeping eight clean sheets in his 46 League Two appearances, having featured on loan with the Ammies the season before.

Cairns was also instrumental in the Ammies' Carabao Cup penalty shootout win against Leeds last season.
Have you heard about the news on Mizar 5
People got to shout to stay alive

Real Betis have signed Leeds United defender Diego Llorente for an undisclosed fee, understood to be in excess 3m euros (£2.5m).

The 30-year-old last featured for Leeds in January 2023 when the Whites were still a Premier League club, with the Spain international spending the rest of that campaign and the entire 2023-24 season on loan with Italian club Roma.

Llorente made 59 appearances for the Yorkshire side in total after arriving from Real Sociedad in September 2020 for a fee understood to be around £18m.

He leaves Elland Road as Leeds prepare for a second successive season in the Championship, having been beaten by Southampton in the play-off final as they attempted to make an immediate return to the Premier League following relegation.

Leeds United have signed Bournemouth midfielder Joe Rothwell on a season-long loan deal.

The 29-year-old ended last season on loan in the second tier with Southampton, as the Saints beat the Whites in the Championship play-off final.

He started his career with Manchester United before spells with Oxford United and Blackburn.

“It’s unbelievable, as soon as I heard of the interest, it was something I was desperate to make happen," he told the club website., external

“I don’t think Leeds United needs selling to anyone to be honest, it is a huge football club.

“The club were a bit unlucky last year, but the aim is one thing and that is to to get back to the Premier League."

Leeds United defender Rasmus Kristensen has joined German side Eintracht Frankfurt on a season-long loan.

Kristensen, 27, spent last season on loan at Roma in Serie A, making 31 appearances.

The Dane joined Leeds from Red Bull Salzburg in 2022 but was unable to help them avoid Premier League relegation.

The club lost the Championship play-off final to Southampton at Wembley in May.

Kristensen was part of Denmark's squad for Euro 2024, reaching the last 16.

Leeds United have signed defender Jayden Bogle on a four-deal from Sheffield United, for what the Blades describe as a "significant, undisclosed fee".

Bogle, 23, spent four years at Bramall Lane and previously played for Derby County.

He is a former England Under-20 international.

The defender will link-up with the Leeds squad in Germany, where they are holding a pre-season camp.

Bogle is Leeds' fourth signing of the summer window, as they look to improve on last season's Championship play-off final defeat.

Daniel Farke's side have also brought in defender Joe Rodon and goalkeeper Alex Cairns on permanent deals, while midfielder Joe Rothwell has joined on loan.

West Ham have signed Dutch forward Crysencio Summerville from Leeds for a fee in excess of £25m plus add-ons.

The 22-year-old has agreed a five-year deal at London Stadium with the option of a further year.

"It's the perfect next step for my career," said Summerville. "I'm here to help write more history and I'd love to help West Ham get back into Europe."

He made 89 appearances and scored 25 goals in all competitions for Leeds after joining them from Feyenoord in a £1.3m transfer in 2020.

West Ham are also close to sealing a £27m deal for Germany striker Niclas Fullkrug from Borussia Dortmund.

The Hammers have been linked with numerous players this summer as technical director Tim Steidten attempts to strengthen Julen Lopetegui’s squad.

However, Summerville - last term's Championship Player of the Year - emerged as one of their primary targets.

"I spoke to the head coach and he convinced me that I could make an impact, and help achieve success in the new season," he added.

"I had the feeling that this is the best place for me to continue developing as a player, and to push my potential as much as possible."

West Ham, who finished ninth in the Premier League in 2023-24, have already brought in Wolves captain Max Kilman for £40m, goalkeeper Wes Foderingham from Sheffield United and Brazilian winger Luis Guilherme for £25.5m from Palmeiras.

The London club are also interested in signing full-back Aaron Wan-Bissaka from Manchester United.

Leeds United have signed winger Largie Ramazani for an undisclosed fee from Spanish La Liga side UD Almería.

Ramazani, who previously came through Manchester United's academy, has signed a four-year deal at the Championship club.

He played once for the Red Devils' first team in a UEFA Europa League defeat to Astana in 2019, under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's management.

The 23-year-old has since made 128 appearances in all competitions for Almeria, scoring 22 goals across four seasons.

He has also played eight times for Belgium's Under-21s, scoring three goals.

Ramazani is the club’s fifth summer signing and will wear the number 17 shirt.

Completion of the transfer is subject to him receiving a work permit.

Leeds travel to Sheffield Wednesday for their next Championship game on Friday evening.

Leeds United have signed Tottenham winger Manor Solomon on a season-long loan.

The 25-year-old Israel international has not played competitively for Spurs since September 2023 because of a knee injury.

He had a loan spell with Fulham from Shakhtar Donetsk in 2022-23 and scored four goals in 19 Premier League games.

Leeds have won one and drawn two of their opening three Championship games this season.

“I've heard a lot about the club, about its fans, about the heritage, the history. I know it's a massive club in England and I'm looking forward to seeing the fans and to meet them all," he told the club website., external

“I know there is a group of great lads, young people with great desire, with great techniques and I'm looking forward to playing with them and to help them in the best way I can."

Leeds have signed midfielder Ao Tanaka from German side Fortuna Dusseldorf on a four-year deal.

The 25-year-old has scored eight goals in 27 caps for Japan and scored the winner against Spain in the 2022 World Cup in Qatar.

He has moved for an undisclosed fee and is the Championship club's seventh signing of the summer transfer window.

He said, external: "I can control the game and make the assists and goals. I want to help the team.

“Of course, we want to go to the Premier League which is why I came here so I want to make a contribution for the team."

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »