Thread Rating:
Hull news
Hull City have signed former Leeds United full-back Cody Drameh on a three-year deal.

The 22-year-old turned down a new deal with the Whites earlier this summer.

He made five league appearances for Leeds after joining from Fulham in 2020 and spent time on loan in the second tier with Cardiff, Luton and Birmingham City.

“What attracted me was the owner and the interest the club showed in me," he told the club website., external

"Everyone seemed like they really wanted me. It’s a pleasure to feel wanted and that was something that attracted me.

“It’s been a bit unstable for me – I’ve been around a lot – so now to finally settle down in Hull, and hopefully do some big things with Hull, is really nice."
Have you heard about the news on Mizar 5
People got to shout to stay alive

Hull City have signed German midfielder Marvin Mehlem from Darmstadt 98 for an undisclosed fee.

Mehlem, 26, has signed a two-year deal to link up again with an old compatriot in Yorkshire, new Tigers manager Tim Walter.

"I started playing football in my hometown and went to Karlsruhe, where I met Tim Walter for the first time when I was 14," said Mehlem.

“He taught me how to play football, gave me lots of inspiration. I’m very happy to meet him here in England again. He asked me if I wanted to join the team here in Hull and I didn’t have to think about it. My answer was clear and it was yes."

The former Germany Under-19 international primarily played as an attacking midfielder for Darmstadt, the club he has been with for seven years, scoring 21 goals in 191 appearances.

Hull's newest addition could be utilised next Saturday when the Tigers host Bristol City on the EFL opening weekend.

Hull City have signed Basel winger Liam Millar for an undisclosed fee on a three-year deal and Manchester City defender Finley Burns on a season-long loan.

Canada international Millar, 24, spent last season in the Championship with Preston and scored five goals in 35 league appearances.

Burns, 21, has played once for the reigning Premier League champions and 37 games for Stevenage in League One in 2023-24.

The Tigers start the new season with a home game against Bristol City on Saturday.

Hull City have signed defender Charlie Hughes from League One side Wigan Athletic for an undisclosed fee.

The 20-year-old joins on a four-year deal and is the club's seventh signing of the summer transfer window.

Hughes made 76 appearances for the Latics in all competitions after making his debut for the club in January 2022.

"I was at Wigan for a long period of time, which I loved, but now I'm really looking forward to being back in the Championship - I'm ready to push on now and I can't wait to get started and develop," he told Hull's website., external

"The manager was keen to bring me in and his style of play, how the back four rotate and trust themselves on the ball, that's my game.

"I'm looking forward to having that trust and belief to go out and show the manager, the fans and the club my ability on the ball."

Hughes has made one appearance for Wigan this term, turning out in their season-opening defeat by Charlton on Saturday.

Hull City have signed Wigan defender Charlie Hughes and Chelsea striker Mason Burstow for undisclosed fees, along with Ecuadorian midfielder Oscar Zambrano on loan.

Hughes, 20, made 76 appearances for the Latics in all competitions after making his debut for the club in January 2022.

Burstow, 21, spent last season on loan with Sunderland and scored once in 20 Championship appearances.

Both have signed four-year deals.

Defensive midfielder Zambrano, 20, joins from LDU Quito on a season-long loan with the option to make the transfer permanent next season.

"I was at Wigan for a long period of time, which I loved, but now I'm really looking forward to being back in the Championship - I'm ready to push on now and I can't wait to get started and develop," Hughes told the club website., external

"The manager was keen to bring me in and his style of play, how the back four rotate and trust themselves on the ball, that's my game.

"I'm looking forward to having that trust and belief to go out and show the manager, the fans and the club my ability on the ball."

Hull City have signed forward Chris Bedia on a season-long loan deal from German Bundesliga side Union Berlin.

The 28-year-old, who is from the Ivory Coast, has scored 61 goals in 258 career appearances across spells in Germany, France, Switzerland and Belgium.

Bedia played seven times in the Bundesliga last season, scoring one goal.

He has also been capped by Ivory Coast at under-17, under-20 and under-23 level.

The deal for Bedia, who becomes the Championship club's 10th summer signing, includes an option for the Tigers to buy him permanently next summer.

“I’m happy to be here and I will try my best to score a lot of goals," Bedia told the club., external

“I like to take the ball and play with the midfielders - a lot of movement close to the box," he added.

Hull City midfielder Jean Michael Seri has completed his move to Saudi Pro League club Al-Orobah.

The 33-year-old Ivory Coast international, who helped to win the 2024 Africa Cup of Nations, still had a year left on his Tigers contract.

Seri has been a key player for the Tigers over the past two seasons, after signing from Fulham, but manager Tim Walter said the club understands his decision to leave, for family reasons.

"He wants a new step because of the family, and we respect that because we are very open," Walter told BBC Radio Humberside.

"We try to be a family, and he was part of our family, but he wants to be more together with his own family so we respect that.

"I respect him as a player. He's a great player. I never met a player like him with those technical abilities and such a great heart. But he is also a human being, a family person so we respect the decision."

Hull have also lost defender Jacob Greaves and forward Jadon Philogene to Premier League clubs this summer, while Ozan Tufan left too.

German boss Walter's reign at the MKM Stadium has started with two draws in the Championship and a League Cup defeat by Sheffield Wednesday.

Hull City have signed Colombian midfielder Gustavo Puerta from German champions Bayer Leverkusen on a season-long loan.

The Tigers have an option to buy the 21-year-old - who has played for his country at under-19 and under-20 level - next summer.

He has twice been an unused substitute for Colombia's senior side, but has yet to win a cap.

Puerta made 10 appearances for Leverkusen last season as Xabi Alonso's side won the Bundesliga without losing a game and reached the Europa League final.

He moved to Germany in January 2023 having scored three goals in 31 games for Bogota in his homeland.

Puerta is the 11th new player to join Hull this summer and the second South American after Ecuadorian midfielder Oscar Zambrano joined on loan earlier this month.

Mexican side FC Juarez have signed Hull City striker Oscar Estupinan for an undisclosed fee.

The 27-year-old Colombian joined the Tigers from Portuguese side Vitoria Guimaraes in June 2022 and scored 15 goals in 45 appearances.

He spent time on loan with Metz in France and Bahia in Brazil last season.

Estupinan's new side are 17th in the 18-team Liga MX after five games.

Hull City have signed goalkeeper Carl Rushworth from Brighton & Hove Albion on a season-long loan.

It is the fourth loan spell of the 23-year-old's career, having made 48 league and cup appearances for Swansea City last season.

The former England Under-21 international previously spent time with Walsall and Lincoln City, keeping 20 clean sheets in 46 games for the Imps.

"I didn’t know if I was going out on loan or staying. I want to play and knowing there was interest and how the team plays in possession, it will favour me and my attributes," Rushworth told the Hull website.

"My in-possession game is one of my strengths, along with my shot-stopping. The manager wants me to play mixed football – really nice from the back, but also know if there are advantages further up the pitch that playing one ball into the final third is better."

Hull have drawn all three Championship games under boss Tim Walter this season and are away to Leeds United on Saturday.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »