Thread Rating:
Arsenal vs WBA - Match Thread
Part of the BBC preview to this game, talking about our good form and recent goals:
"They've scored three or more goals in four league games already: that's rather like the quiet bloke from Quantity Surveying arriving at the office party in a low-cut sparkly number with slingback heels and a Chihuahua puppy in his handbag. Surprising."
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
....zzzzz.....
Sleeping
About time Giroud got a 2nd Yellow. If that was Yacob, he'd be off by now.

England's England's number 1!!!!!!!!

McClean for Chadli. Predictable. Only 1/2 hour to hang on!
Start every day off with a smile and get it over with
(26-12-2016, 18:04)talkSAFT Wrote: About time Giroud got a 2nd Yellow. If that was Yacob, he'd be off by now.

England's England's number 1!!!!!!!!

McClean for Chadli. Predictable. Only 1/2 hour to hang on!

Just me and thee then talkSAFT!
Following on BBC text - looks a real rearguard action with Ben yet again excelling? Let's hope we can hang on
I'm really proud of them, Drewks. Arsenal fans must hate us, but we've (nearly) done a great job without fouling playing filthy or anything.

Spoke too feckin soon

Great effort, but you have to be very lucky playing 20% against 80%. Happy with 0-1 - was expecting 0-3.
Fozzie was superb.
Start every day off with a smile and get it over with
...oh bo**ocks! Doh
Costa scores winner in 76th min and now Giroud in 86th.
If we could only hold out for the full 90+   Sad
Not sure whether it's worse when we concede early in these games and the plan goes out of the window, or when we nearly come away with the point and instead get done at the death. For all that we've made improvements on last season, we still don't have quite enough about us to cause the big boys any significant problems after they've taken the lead.

Hope we can make at least one or two quality additions in the window just to give us a few different options when we're on the ball.
"I would rather spend a holiday in Tuscany than in the Black Country, but if I were compelled to choose between living in West Bromwich or Florence, I should make straight for West Bromwich." - J.B. Priestley
Not sure if we went with any intent other than to try and defend our way to a 0-0 draw. The choice is lose 4-1 or lose 1-0 playing like that. It's definitely as if TP believed we'd lose if we tried to attack, but we lost anyway. Goal difference isn't so important to us at the moment, so I don't really see the point in trying to defend 0-0.
Great performances against Chelsea and now Arsenal.

But end result is still 0 points.

Hope we can look at goal difference making a difference at end of the season but in the meantime try at least to get 4 points out of the Southampton and Hull fixtures.

Confidence should be high after this game against a 'big' club.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »