Sports Babble - sports forum
Arsenal vs WBA - Match Thread - Printable Version

+- Sports Babble - sports forum (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Football (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: English Football Leagues (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+---- Forum: Sky Bet Championship (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+----- Forum: West Bromwich Albion (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+----- Thread: Arsenal vs WBA - Match Thread (/showthread.php?tid=4858)

Pages: 1 2 3

Arsenal vs WBA - Match Thread - Ska'dForLife-WBA - 23-12-2016

[Image: DSC_0617.jpg]

Derek Statham shoots past David O'Leary at Highbury, watched from the terraces by Piers Morgan (I presume), 16th October 1982

Boxing Day this year takes us to the Emirates, which remains the unhappiest of hunting grounds for Albion with defeats each and every season since the memorable 3-2 win of September 2010. After being soundly beaten by Man Utd in our last outing, and with that kind of record behind us, it doesn't really bode all that well for success. However, if Jonny Evans is fit again and we can get Rondon and Chadli asking a few questions of the Gunners defence, it may just be that we can find a way of snatching something otherwise unexpected.

In the meantime, I'll take this opportunity of wishing all on here a merry and peaceful Christmas, and I hope we can be given a bit of seasonal good cheer come Monday.

RE: Arsenal vs WBA - Match Thread - talkSAFT - 23-12-2016

"Derek Statham shoots past David O'Leary at Highbury, watched from the terraces by Piers Morgan (I presume), 16th October 1982"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unlikely. I don't believe the twat had discovered 'footy' till this Century (when the middle class luvvies all queued up to claim their support). There are no longer any working-class fans in North London who can afford the £1,000+ season tickets.
"Luvvy Morgan" will be showing his face, though, probably taking his chums Pietersen and Trump with him. Give the twat(s) a kick in the goolies from me, please.

Angry  Humbug (except to Albion fans): Merry Christmas one and all.  Big Grin

RE: Arsenal vs WBA - Match Thread - BaggieSteve - 23-12-2016

Not that I'm complaining but I was always astonished that a "bigger" club never came in for Derek Statham. There really was no finer left back in England during Derek's prime years with the Baggies, he was absolutely brilliant. Hard to comprehend that he was kept out of the England team by Kenny Sansom.....I wonder perhaps if it was because he played for Arsenal, surely not!

RE: Arsenal vs WBA - Match Thread - WBA-Josh - 23-12-2016

Foster
Nyom - McAuley - Evans - Brunt
Yacob
Phillips - Fletcher - Morrison - Chadli
Rondon

Subs
Myhill
Olsson
Dawson
Gardner
Leko
McLean
Robson-Kanu

RE: Arsenal vs WBA - Match Thread - BaggieMan - 24-12-2016

(23-12-2016, 21:26)WBA-Josh Wrote:
Foster
Nyom - McAuley - Evans - Brunt
Yacob
Phillips - Fletcher - Morrison - Chadli
Rondon

Subs
Myhill
Olsson
Dawson
Gardner
Leko
McLean
Rondon-Kanu

Josh, who's this Rondon-Kanu fellah?  Did I miss a new signing mucka ?

Laugh   Happy Christmas mate !

RE: Arsenal vs WBA - Match Thread - WBA-Josh - 24-12-2016

Rondon-Kanu is our new star striker. Jeremy Peace asked me 6 months ago to make a cyborg so he wouldn't have to buy another striker. I made Rondon-Kanu in the laboratory and he combines the strength and goal scoring ability of Rondon and the skill of Kanu.

I have been told that Tony Pulis is very happy with him because he is 7 foot 5 inches and built like the Terminator. I look forward to seeing how does on Boxing Day.

RE: Arsenal vs WBA - Match Thread - Ska'dForLife-WBA - 24-12-2016

(24-12-2016, 16:21)WBA-Josh Wrote: Rondon-Kanu is our new star striker. Jeremy Peace asked me 6 months ago to make a cyborg so he wouldn't have to buy another striker. I made Rondon-Kanu in the laboratory and he combines the strength and goal scoring ability of Rondon and the skill of Kanu.

I have been told that Tony Pulis is very happy with him because he is 7 foot 5 inches and built like the Terminator. I look forward to seeing how does on Boxing Day.

Well, as long as it's not the skill of Rondon and the goalscoring ability of Kanu Whistle

RE: Arsenal vs WBA - Match Thread - Beefy 1965 - 24-12-2016

Cant see anything but a two or three goal defeat here Confused

Still who knows Whistle

Then again, although I have not got the stats to hand (Skad) ? but our record on Boxing day in the premier is well erm ..........

PANTS Doh

RE: Arsenal vs WBA - Match Thread - HRK - 25-12-2016

Been to every away this season and cannot wait for this one. It's not been a happy hunting ground for us has the Emirates, but if we can win 3-2 down there before when our back 4 consisted of Shorey, Olsson, Ibanez and Jara, then anything is truly possible!

COYB!

RE: Arsenal vs WBA - Match Thread - Dingle-Dingle - 25-12-2016

Baggies WIN......... Thats whats on my bet slip anyway.

DD Angry Angry