Thread Rating:
Sheffield Wednesday 1-1 Huddersfield Town
[Image: Ews9MpqWUAE2Ldf?format=jpg&name=large]

Holmes and Duhaney instead of Rowe and Mbenza.

SWFC:

Westwood, Lees, Hutchinson, Börner, Palmer, Pelupessy, Bannan ©, Reach, Harris, Windass, Rhodes

SUBS: Wildsmith, Urhoghide, Penney, Hunt, Shaw, Green, Kachunga, Marriott, Paterson
Baggiebob(BBB) and Lord Snooty like this post
Windyass, what a surprise
A guide to cask ale.

[Image: aO7W3pZ.png]

Multi-tasking. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.
Same old story. Dominated play. They get one chance. Back o t net.
[Image: 2ZJuVRk.gif]
Another point closer to safety. Not much else really.

Everybody else now has two games to play before we kick off again. We could be back in the nether regions or we could be looking safer with games in hand by the time we get to play Brentford at Easter.
It shows how low the bar has been set when I'm happy with a point against Wednesday after that performance from both teams
I agree - what a rubbish performance from both teams. But happy with a point after going behind.
Just a shame Brum won.
In beer there is freedom, in wine there is health, in cognac there is power and in water there is bacteria

A boring game, they way the game started it looked like they were wiling to give us the freedom of owlerton, just we wanted more touches and the freedom of South Yorkshire instead.

Two very poor teams, one that at times looked like it couldn't pass a ball 5 yards, the other that looked clueless when the ball was at their feet and lacked ambition when in possession. 1-0 down and we're tippy tapping it between 3 centre halves, what's that about?

Their goal was in all truthfulness a sucker punch, Rhodes winning the ball against keogh, he seemed to be getting the better of keogh all game, god knows how keogh will fare against pukki and toney. I was quite impressed with Rhodes as the lone striker... Point to prove? He should have had a penalty too.

Without the own goal I don't think we'd have scored, we saw plenty of the ball again and didn't look like we would do anything with it... Again. When sanogoals came on we went more direct but I don't think it changed the game much. Too many players were off the pace again, it seems to be a common theme, a good game followed by a couple of poor games. Campbell ran a lot but was ineffective, Holmes reverted to type, bacuna tries being a fancy Michelin star meal, but in truth he's just a special edition gourmet burger from maccy d's and duhaney... Well... Rowe did more in 3 minutes than he did in 70 odd, I don't see what he offers to the team, I don't think he'll ever be more than a low end league 1 player and I really question why he's on the bench over the likes of Thomas, diarra, camara and even titch.
Lord Snooty likes this post
Another day, another door, another high, another low
Bacuna gets a lot of stick(rightly so) but I want to give him some credit. Tracked back in injury time and manged to get his head to the ball to stop what would otherwise have been a golden chance for Wednesday to take the lead.

The sooner we are safe then the sooner we can see who is in the plans for next season. Drop those that won't be here and let the younger lads play with a bit of freedom giving them vital experiance for next season.
Their goal showed up how our defence has no pace. Windass isn't the quickest of players but you would back him in a foot race against any of ours. Can't leave big spaces like that against Toney and Pukki.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »