Thread Rating:
31 Aug, 2021 Transfer Window: Championship Rebuild
Mecondres?? how ever u spell it, has gone to Bournemouth.
WBA World Cup P/League WINNER 2018. WBA League Cup Winner 2021.
WBA Prediction Legue WINNER 2020/21 Play off winner 23
HUDDERSFIELD FC Prediction League WINNER 2021/22/RU 23

Best author award Mystery Novels 2021 Thumb up
mowatt in action looks good to me https://youtu.be/F4d9vfXvydk
So the new boss is "going to spend the next two weeks evaluating the players he has", before deciding what positions we require reinforcements in. Not that it matters greatly with the Euros still in full swing, but that will only give them 2 weeks to go out find players, get the deal done and integrate them into the squad by opening day on 7th August, though they still have until 31st to bring in players. What happened to that move to close the window on the opening day of the season?.
(05-07-2021, 14:20)Salopbaggie Wrote: So the new boss is "going to spend the next two weeks evaluating the players he has", before deciding what positions we require reinforcements in.  Not that it matters greatly with the Euros still in full swing, but that will only give them 2 weeks to go out find players, get the deal done and integrate them into the squad by opening day on 7th August, though they still have until 31st to bring in players.  What happened to that move to close the window on the opening day of the season?.

We have never settled on a squad before the end of August and I doubt this season will be any different. even if we could the players and agents will hold out to make sure there is no opportunity for a bigger pay day before signing with us. We have dropped a few steps down on player/agent options list as well as a result of relegation.
(05-07-2021, 14:35)Stairs Wrote: We have never settled on a squad before the end of August and I doubt this season will be any different.  even if we could the players and agents will hold out to make sure there is no opportunity for a bigger pay day before signing with us.  We have dropped a few steps down on player/agent options list as well as a result of relegation.

True and every year we complain about starting the season with only 2/3rds of the squad in place while waiting for the club to raid the OAP's home and looking to see who is in the bargain basement. I though this time was going to be different, the big turn around, the start of a new way of working. Add to this the comments from VI at his first full press conference and I only can hope it is purely something getting lost in translation. Talking about MP and SJ leaving he said "Even if they leave we will find the solution or we will reinvest the money. Maybe we have someone in the academy able to take that position." It is the 'or' bit which is worrying, how about we find a solution 'and' reinvest the money. I somehow think we would have an idea if we had someone in the Academy who could possible replace either of those two Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
I'd say there's at least a stripe missing from down the middle, but it's a lot better than that white thing with a few navy pin stripes on it you had a few seasons back.
A guide to cask ale.

[Image: aO7W3pZ.png]

Multi-tasking. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.
Anyone else hearing rumours about Chalobah signing?
(06-07-2021, 00:23)derbybaggie Wrote: Anyone else hearing rumours about Chalobah signing?

No that he has signed but I did see something two days ago saying he might be available 'IF' Watford can sign Ainsley Maitland-Niles
(06-07-2021, 00:23)derbybaggie Wrote: Anyone else hearing rumours about Chalobah signing?

https://www.footballtransfertavern.com/w...-chalobah/

DD Angel Angel
Ubique.
I placed a link a few days ago on the heading to this thread. Does anyone read it?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »