Thread Rating:
31 Aug, 2021 Transfer Window: Championship Rebuild
Dwight Gayle on loan again anybody, let the good times roll!

COYB
talkSAFT likes this post
No new signings, a few away you go signings, and no Manager, the board has again wanted to prolong our agony - and its working. Grrrrr
WBA World Cup P/League WINNER 2018. WBA League Cup Winner 2021.
WBA Prediction Legue WINNER 2020/21 Play off winner 23
HUDDERSFIELD FC Prediction League WINNER 2021/22/RU 23

Best author award Mystery Novels 2021 Thumb up
Now the E&S reporting Harper could be on his way to Ipswich for a fee of £500,00 plus addons, we will have no team left to sell if this keeps up.
(12-06-2021, 21:10)Salopbaggie Wrote: Now the E&S reporting Harper could be on his way to Ipswich for a fee of £500,00 plus addons, we will have no team left to sell if this keeps up.

I’d sell Sawyers before Harper
drewks likes this post
BLACK COUNTRY BY BIRTH, ALBION BY THE GRACE OF GOD AND MY OLD MAN

You go in the cage? cage goes in the water, sharks in the water....Our Shark Cry

Ultrinque Paratus
Rumours now saying Josh Griffiths is to leave for £450K. Ken is selling up. Fire sale now on.

DD Angry Angry
Ubique.
Harper looks to be gone and new boss link with old Captain - Mowatt
(25-06-2021, 11:23)Stairs Wrote: Harper looks to be gone and new boss link with old Captain - Mowatt

Just been reviewing some videos of Mowatt (out of contract so the price will be right) I am not convinced he is any better than what we have, although for someone who is described as an central/attacking midfielder, I thought he looked better as a defensive midfielder, can not really tell from 10 mins of video of their best bits though.
Glad Harper has gone because although he was technically decent, he was anonymous in matches 90% of the time. He had zero defensively awareness and wasn't good enough creatively to compensate for that IMO.

I'm in favour of us having a revolution and bringing in players who have some pride and want to fight for the shirt. Harper certainly wasn't that type and looked generally half arsed most the time.

Might do alright for Ipswich in League One, but I was never convinced about him as a Championship player. Apart from the odd glimpse of quality, he was typically a passenger in games and just making up the numbers. In our last promotion a few players carried us and we got away with having some lower quality players in the ranks and he was one of them. This time I'd like to see us with XI players who all really try and care about the result. I never got the vibe he has any winning mentality or desire.

As far as Mowatt goes, I've only seen a bit of him, but it seems like it would be a good bit of business. Right age, captain of a side that just finished 5th in the league, 8 goals from midfield, plenty of grit and getting better year on year. Best of all, a free agent.
Blue Baggie and harrogatebaggie like this post
Harper today completed his move to ipswich town on a 3 year deal. Never realised his full potential with us.
Good luck on the rest of your journey Rakeem.
Sorry missed your post Slick
Who have we left from last years team. And do we have any decent 2nd team players that can step  up?

Newcastle United's 21-year-old English midfielder Matty Longstaff is wanted by West Brom, Norwich City, Middlesbrough, as well as Belgian side Anderlecht.
WBA World Cup P/League WINNER 2018. WBA League Cup Winner 2021.
WBA Prediction Legue WINNER 2020/21 Play off winner 23
HUDDERSFIELD FC Prediction League WINNER 2021/22/RU 23

Best author award Mystery Novels 2021 Thumb up
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »