Thread Rating:
Jan 03: WBA 2018/19 Transfer Window
(31-01-2019, 14:44)Beefy 1965 Wrote: Montero having medical as we speak ...
Newcastle trying to tie up Rondon on a permanent transfer,
No idea of the deal wether it cash or includes Gayle or both or any other players ...

Newcastle are trying to sign Salomon Rondon on a permanent deal from West Brom. - (via @LukeEdwardsTele) #NUFC https://t.co/XpP9Eh2bLJ

Always thought Geordies knew their football. Reading those posts Porky's attached they seem to really rate him. So, how come he was only just about average for us, Mr.Pulis and Mr.Pardew?
Start every day off with a smile and get it over with
No idea of the deal wether it cash or includes Gayle or both or any other players ...

Newcastle are trying to sign Salomon Rondon on a permanent deal from West Brom. - (via @LukeEdwardsTele) #NUFC https://t.co/XpP9Eh2bLJ

Rondon for Gayle - Hayden and Murphy sounds good business, he's  a good player for Newcastle make a nuisance of himself and is Newcastles top scorer.
Don't let Jenkins get his hands on any cash  Whistle

(31-01-2019, 16:17)Phil Penn Wrote:

Rondon for Gayle - Hayden and Murphy sounds good business, he's  a good player for Newcastle make a nuisance of himself and is Newcastles top scorer.

Beefy do you get any snippits from inside the club? e.g. rumor this morning Saido was seriously being considered? Don't know who would pay his £90K a week salary??? The old Saido would be great,  the new one with shoulder chips not so good.

(31-01-2019, 16:17)Phil Penn Wrote:

Beefy do you get any snippits from inside the club? e.g. rumor this morning Saido was seriously being considered? Don't know who would pay his £90K a week salary??? The old Saido would be great,  the new one with shoulder chips not so good.
".... rumor this morning Saido was seriously being considered? "

Don't think Berahino would be too happy, nor our fans!  Last season 20,000 fans, old and young, male and female, black and white were singing:

Hey, Berahino, ooh, ah
I wanna know-ow-ow
Why you're such a c**t

It was the loudest song of the afternoon!
Start every day off with a smile and get it over with
Saido no ...
Not sure what's happening at Newcathe but this is the wrong club to get mixed up with, Mike Ashley in charge and they are trying to negotiate according to Matt Wilson extending Rondons loan deal until the end of next season 2020 in exchange for Murphy on loan Laugh
WTF This would mean we would lose Rondons for nothing 2020 and this summer send Gayle and Murphy back
You just know we ain't gonna end up signing anyone at this rate Angry

There's a hold up to the Murphy loan. Essentially, #nufc are trying to use #wba's interest to get some sort of agreement in place for Rondon to stay beyond summer. Not sure whether loan or permanent, and not sure if Gayle's involved in any way. Sounds complicated...
2x Premier League Champ 1x Championship Winner and World cup Winner
Have to love the trials and tribulations of deadline day.

Twists, turns and plenty of curve balls.

Players being messed about being kept as 'back up' options in case priority deals fall through. Others being used as bait.

By the sounds of it, we'll have to wait until midnight to see if anything happens. I'm crossing my fingers for a Barnes return + another, but i'm not holding my breath on anything.
Montero looks as though he is signing.
Swansea winger with one single goal in 3 seasons, I look forward to see him keeping any of our youngsters out of the team.
Who the hell is making these decisions.
To be fair, I rated Montero highly a few years ago.

He does lack goal threat, but was one of the best one-on-one dribblers in the world, and I don't say that lightly. I don't think I've ever seen him play and not have the full back on toast.

Not sure what he's like now though, as he's barely played recently. If he's lost his pace due to injuries, he could be a pig in a poke. Although if he's still got his pace, will be a good acquisition. He tends to put in good crosses which we might benefit from with Gayle and Rodriguez in the box.
Slick what's a goal throat Laugh Laugh
Anyway Newcastle blinked first as Albion told them to do one as we seem close to announcing 2 shortly ..
Also Matt Wilson thinks there may be more .....
Wes Hoolahan signing also till the end of the season. ..

#wba are finalising loan deals for Jefferson Montero and Jacob Murphy. Looks like the Murphy loan will now NOT involve Rondon or Gayle. Too complicated. Would now just be a straight loan. And that might not be the end of it...
2x Premier League Champ 1x Championship Winner and World cup Winner
According to Matt Wilson's twitter from a couple of minutes ago, Montero and Murphy are being finalised. Murphy now a straight loan not involving Rondon.

But West Brom finalising usually takes about 2 years!!
(31-01-2019, 17:58)Beefy 1965 Wrote: Slick what's a goal throat  Laugh  Laugh

Not sure what you're talking about... Whistle

Montero, Murphy and BARNES wouldn't be possible... would it? Cool
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »