Thread Rating:
31 Aug, 2021 Transfer Window: Championship Rebuild
Do the Dingles owners have cash flow issues ???
Moody's have continued to downrate Fosun International.
Liquidity being a problem (Ready cash)
I don't expect an open cheque book approach from them in this transfer window.
2020 the year the bubble burst  Doh
I know it is crazy times and the transfer window does not close until 5th October - but by that time we will have 'competed' for 12 points.

I just don't get why we do not make more of a statement in obtaining players earlier than we do.

Yes it is hard and, no idea why, we don't have the money that other clubs and their owners are prepared to invest - but surely having been promoted there must be some projected revenues which can be justifiably put into the transfer fund budget (beyond the £20-30m mentioned).

It looks like the season will be a somber relegation tainted affair - no change to other Premier League appearances.............................
(30-08-2020, 17:35)Stairs Wrote: I know it is crazy times and the transfer window does not close until 5th October - but by that time we will have 'competed' for 12 points.

I just don't get why we do not make more of a statement in obtaining players earlier than we do.

Yes it is hard and, no idea why, we don't have the money that other clubs and their owners are prepared to invest - but surely having been promoted there must be some projected revenues which can be justifiably put into the transfer fund budget (beyond the £20-30m mentioned).

It looks like the season will be a somber relegation tainted affair - no change to other Premier League appearances.............................

We have a team of 18 people in the recuitment department which is even more amazing.
They should have a list of available players and move as soon a the window opened. 
We should make a statement and sack most of them as they simply are a waste of time.
Although we as a club should have £20-30 million extra revenue this season, we do get it in installments - So thats £7 million extra a quarter
with the first installment due in November. I suspect we have little or no cash - as for borrowing against projected revenue - It must be
possible but the interest rates must be at an all time high with CV19 issues.
This is where a good owner who is prepared to offer financial support until PL money begins to trickle through pays dividends.
With so little money, it makes financial sense to spend as little as possible. But why we are not signing Free's is even more baffling.
It's going to be a tough season, on a positive note - when more clubs go into administration our position will look a lot better then most, no matter where 
we are in the league.
Ivan Toney's gone to Brentford - another for the 'missed' list.
Why can’t anybody see, barring the top 6 + idiotic Leeds who are spending for fun, the market has changed. Why should we go out and pay 10 mill for Carlton Grant when in 3 weeks time we can get him for 6 to 7 mill, the nearer to the season the more the price drops because the clubs need to get them off the books. It’s like us with Zamora clubs will have put in offers way below what we want at present but the nearer the season gets the cheaper he becomes because we need to sell to get his wages of the books. Some players will become available because let’s look at West Ham they need to sell lancini, yalmalenco and Anderson but there are no takers so that means Diangana becomes available because clubs want to buy him. I can see there being a lot of loan deals as clubs will want the wages of there books.so let’s wait and see what October brings .
harrogatebaggie likes this post
(31-08-2020, 15:07)wba13 Wrote: Why can’t anybody see, barring the top 6 + idiotic Leeds who are spending for fun, the market has changed. Why should we go out and pay 10 mill for Carlton Grant when in 3 weeks time we can get him for 6 to 7 mill, the nearer to the season the more the price drops because the clubs need to get them off the books. It’s like us with Zamora clubs will have put in offers way below what we want at present but the nearer the season gets the cheaper he becomes because we need to sell to get his wages of the books. Some players will become available because let’s look at West Ham they need to sell lancini, yalmalenco and Anderson but there are no takers so that means Diangana becomes available because clubs want to buy him. I can see there being a lot of loan deals as clubs will want the wages of there books.so let’s wait and see what October brings .

There is some logic to what you say, however it is a two edged sword and in some cases you might make your enquiry in October to be told they sold the player in September.
(31-08-2020, 16:14)Salopbaggie Wrote:
(31-08-2020, 15:07)wba13 Wrote: Why can’t anybody see, barring the top 6 + idiotic Leeds who are spending for fun, the market has changed. Why should we go out and pay 10 mill for Carlton Grant when in 3 weeks time we can get him for 6 to 7 mill, the nearer to the season the more the price drops because the clubs need to get them off the books. It’s like us with Zamora clubs will have put in offers way below what we want at present but the nearer the season gets the cheaper he becomes because we need to sell to get his wages of the books. Some players will become available because let’s look at West Ham they need to sell lancini, yalmalenco and Anderson but there are no takers so that means Diangana becomes available because clubs want to buy him. I can see there being a lot of loan deals as clubs will want the wages of there books.so let’s wait and see what October brings .

There is some logic to what you say, however it is a two edged sword and in some cases you might make your enquiry in October to be told they sold the player in September.

Yes. I get the logic as well.  

But I fear that makes it a bit of a ‘Dutch Auction’ and we will typically put our hand up a second too late to bid for the players we want and miss out to other clubs that blink first.

Better to buy for a tad over the possible low price to ensure we get the players we want.

On holiday this week and so no updates the the top page. But taking notes on players lost and possible links eg Toney gone and potentially Deeney in (for a few seasons that’s not a bad decision, if it happens so long as we get Grant as well).
IMHO with an owner who refuses to put a single penny into the club our financial security has to be the clubs priority.
With £8 million spent on Pereira and a possible £8-9 million needed to secure Krov I don't see us with more ready cash.
A few million could be raised by selling a few players, which could be useful in bringing a few players.
Anything else must be on free transfers. We must not compromise our bank balance at this time, no matter how much
fans scream for us to spend big money that we haven't got.
Thousands of released players will be available, it's for our recruitment team to find us a few bargains.
I believe Krov will be a loan for the season with a perm at end of season, so that will increase our budget. If Robinson comes inn it will be virtually a straight swap again saving us money. If Kipre comes in it will cost around 1 mill the Leko money. We sell Field that money goes in the kitty along with any other sales. I think we will buy Grant from Huddersfield along with a new Left back and a couple off other gems and of course we will use the loan system as well . It will not all be doom and gloom as some seem think. Yes agree with blue baggie about we have to look after our club. I still believe Pereira was bought out of last seasons kitty.
harrogatebaggie likes this post
(31-08-2020, 22:15)wba13 Wrote: I believe Krov will be a loan for the season with a perm at end of season, so that will increase our budget. If Robinson comes inn it will be virtually a straight swap again saving us money. If Kipre comes in it will cost around 1 mill the Leko money. We sell Field that money goes in the kitty along with any other sales. I think we will buy Grant from Huddersfield along with a new Left back and a couple off other gems and of course we will use the loan system as well . It will not all be doom and gloom as some seem think. Yes agree with blue baggie about we have to look after our club.   I still believe Pereira was bought out of last seasons kitty.
Good post, I agree with all this and hope this is what happens, only exception would be to loan field out, he supports the Albion, I believe, and think he has a future with us. I hope we also get Grant and think Deeney will come but will run and run for weeks yet.            Please can  someone confirm how many loans we are allowed. I believe it is two from premier league clubs, at any one time, but would Krovinovic count as he would be from a Portuguese club, would Deeney count as he is from a championship club.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »