Thread Rating:
31 Aug, 2021 Transfer Window: Championship Rebuild
Agree with him being a decent striker but I would not go near Lyle Taylor or Ryan Fraser of Ex Bournemouth who is now a free agent as there attitude stinks. Both these players could have signed for the extra month to help there sides stay up, but they only thought of themselves. Neither for me thanks. Haven’t we had enough trouble makers in resent times Berashit, Anelka, Dawson and even Foster. So not for me.
(16-08-2020, 12:01)wba13 Wrote: Agree with him being a decent striker but I would not go near Lyle Taylor or Ryan Fraser of Ex Bournemouth who is now a free agent as there attitude stinks. Both these players could have signed for the extra month to help there sides stay up, but they only thought of themselves. Neither for me thanks. Haven’t we had enough trouble makers in resent times Berashit, Anelka, [b]Dawson and even Foster[/b]. So not for me.

Agree totally until including Dawson and Foster who IMHO proved themselves as very decent club men over several years. The fact that they wanted to remain playing at the highest level for the last (few) years of their career didn't tarnish them in my eyes
BaggieSteve and Worldclassalbion like this post
(16-08-2020, 13:24)drewks Wrote:
(16-08-2020, 12:01)wba13 Wrote: Agree with him being a decent striker but I would not go near Lyle Taylor or Ryan Fraser of Ex Bournemouth who is now a free agent as there attitude stinks. Both these players could have signed for the extra month to help there sides stay up, but they only thought of themselves. Neither for me thanks. Haven’t we had enough trouble makers in resent times Berashit, Anelka, [b]Dawson and even Foster[/b]. So not for me.

Agree totally until including Dawson and Foster who IMHO proved themselves as very decent club men over several years. The fact that they wanted to remain playing at the highest level for the last (few) years of their career didn't tarnish them in my eyes
Ok you have your opinion but going on strike doesn’t tarnish them, also Foster made the statement I’m going nowhere my kids are all Albion fans and I love it here. A few days later he is going on strike to get a move to Watford. Not for me thanks.
(16-08-2020, 13:38)wba13 Wrote:
(16-08-2020, 13:24)drewks Wrote:

Ok you have your opinion but going on strike doesn’t tarnish them, also Foster made the statement I’m going nowhere my kids are all Albion fans and I love it here. A few days later he is going on strike to get a move to Watford. Not for me thanks.

Dawson publicaly declared he was leaving months before he did tbh. You're correct about Foster, but he did have a discussion with our DOC Terrahiono (excuse the spelling) who told him I'm not giving you a new contract you just got us relegated. That was a kick in the knackers for Foster. No wonder he walked. We made good money from both transfers so why the malice?
2020 the year the bubble burst  Doh
No malice just would not have them back. Foster anyway is to old along with Dawson. I believe we’re looking to bring the age down again this window.
Yeah - didn't I read that Fozzie is 37 now??

I understand that a big consideration in this window is to bring the average age down by quite a bit, so it's going to be an interesting balancing act between age/price/experience /potential....
I agree both players (Fozzie & Daws) are in the twilights
We need the up and coming versions. Its going to be interesting to see who Bilic brings in. He has IMO the spine on the team to improve, together with the energy/determination/fight whatever people want to call it.
An offer is reportedly in for Burke - Loan period of 2 years in Turkey, then they sign him.
This would be on a free as his contract would be up (2022).
Swelling Bilic's transfer pot by ZERO.
why the panic?
transfer window does not shut until october
we always leave it to the last minute to do any sort of deal
this is the Albion after all
what are you expecting?

major signings straight away
stop the panic
the world will not end if we dont sign anyone tomorrow

i am sure Slav has targeted a few players he would like

and lets not get into this journalistic bulls**t that we are linked with this and that player

chill out

we will sign players
harrogatebaggie likes this post
@Kristien 1965
(18-08-2020, 20:48)Blue Baggie Wrote: An offer is reportedly in for Burke - Loan period of 2 years in Turkey, then they sign him.
This would be on a free as his contract would be up (2022).
Swelling Bilic's transfer pot by ZERO.

Cannot agree there if he does go to turkey we will get a loan fee and also off our wage bill. We will not let him go for nothing.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »