Thread Rating:
31 Aug, 2021 Transfer Window: Championship Rebuild
West Bromwich Albion boss Slaven Bilic is ready to offer West Ham United a £1.5m loan fee to keep 21-year-old England Under-20 midfielder Grady Diangana at the Championship promotion hopefuls for the rest of the season. (Telegraph)

DD Huh Huh
Ubique.
(17-01-2020, 11:46)Dingle-Dingle Wrote: West Bromwich Albion boss Slaven Bilic is ready to offer West Ham United a £1.5m loan fee to keep 21-year-old England Under-20 midfielder Grady Diangana at the Championship promotion hopefuls for the rest of the season. (Telegraph)

DD  Huh  Huh

Being reported in E & S that an additional deal being discussed for £3m that would see him staying for next season as well. Great news if true and Joe Masi usually is on the ball.
(17-01-2020, 14:18)Salopbaggie Wrote:
(17-01-2020, 11:46)Dingle-Dingle Wrote: West Bromwich Albion boss Slaven Bilic is ready to offer West Ham United a £1.5m loan fee to keep 21-year-old England Under-20 midfielder Grady Diangana at the Championship promotion hopefuls for the rest of the season. (Telegraph)

DD  Huh  Huh

Being reported in E & S that an additional deal being discussed for £3m that would see him staying for next season as well.  Great news if true and Joe Masi usually is on the ball.

Yeah, saw that. I must say that I'm unsure about this sort of deal/agreement, and whether the whole 'loan system' should be looked at/tightened up or whatever.
In this case, if the 2nd loan is ok'd, is he West Ham's player or ours? Probably being a tad old fashioned here but it all looks a bit woolly and unsatisfactory to me, very good player or not!
Does the £3m include his wages?
Start every day off with a smile and get it over with
£3million for the rest of this season and all of next........ if wet sham agree to that snap their hands off, bargain.
Don't care about the grey areas or whether or not it's morally right, if we can do it, then do it. Any other club would and god knows we've got nowhere in the past by doing 'the right thing'
If it’s £3 million for the rest of this season and all of next season then we should take it. If it’s 1.5 for the rest of this season and then 3 for next season then we should still do it. We’ve seen how poor we are without him.

An 18 month loan is common in Germany so I don’t think there’s any moral problem with it.
FAO of Josh - I think we all know how important Diangana is to the team.
My thoughts are not focussed on a new goal scorer, that's not our weakness IMO
Our organisation / motivation on the pitch is why we concede far to many goals.
IMO a stong midfielder who can do a Fletcher / Ollson role is what we need to address our issues.
I maybe wrong - but that's what I would be focusing on.
Open question is how do we improve what we already have?
2020 the year the bubble burst  Doh
I think we could with an older head in the centre of defence. Someone who can organise the defence especially at corners. Maybe Scott Dann from Palace? His contract ends in the summer so could do a cheap deal.

Of course we also need a defensive midfielder in the Yacob mould and a left back because we can’t have a good defence if our first choice left back is in and out of the team because of injuries.
Surely we could have bought Diagana for 4.5K at the beginning - who bought him in?
WBA World Cup P/League WINNER 2018. WBA League Cup Winner 2021.
WBA Prediction Legue WINNER 2020/21 Play off winner 23
HUDDERSFIELD FC Prediction League WINNER 2021/22/RU 23

Best author award Mystery Novels 2021 Thumb up
Reports that Diagana is staying for the rest of the season...........be interesting to see how long he is out for !
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »