Thread Rating:
31 Aug, 2021 Transfer Window: Championship Rebuild
Charlie Austin?
Looks like Rondon to Join Benitez at Dalian Yifang after post Copa America break.
2020 the year the bubble burst  Doh
Young Barry signed 3 year deal at Barcelona. we get £235,000 compensation.
I assume that Hegazi is staying at the club for the time being at least. Villa have signed Konsa from Brentford and the move talked about in Egypt to Saudi Arabian side Al-Ahli has obviously not happened as was reported. Probably "fake news".

Hegazi will be on his own holiday now as well so I can’t see anything happening with him this summer.

At the moment we still need 2 centre backs minimum. 1 replacement for Dawson and 1 replacement for Tosin. I think we could get away with signing 1 centre back to replace Dawson and then promoting another, maybe O’Shea or Fitzwater.
Stairs couple your aware of i'm sure ?
Kristian Bielik - Arsenal CH linked in several media places
Sam Gallagher - Southampton striker
Albert Adomah - Now signed for forest
Kemar Roofe - Leeds returning rumor. - Leeds need to sell to meet FFP regs?
Danny Simpson - Released by LC a free RB ?
Callum Robinson - PNE now signed for Sheff Utd (£7m)
I know it, I just KNOW it..... one day I'm going to open this thread and read we've signed somebody.

Anybody.

Please??
(11-07-2019, 22:06)drewks Wrote: I know it, I just KNOW it..... one day I'm going to open this thread and read we've signed somebody.

Anybody.

Please??

Chris Baird.
wba1978 and TheFunkyJoker like this post
(10-07-2019, 23:55)Blue Baggie Wrote:
(10-07-2019, 21:25)wba13 Wrote:
(09-07-2019, 23:13)Blue Baggie Wrote:
(09-07-2019, 22:46)wba13 Wrote: Blue boy stop being so totally pessimistic, Bilic new what he was coming into ,nobody has left who did not have a release clauses or kids who wanted rich parents.  Do you really think we are going back to the Saunders era well I for one don’t I have every faith all will come good any way if not I have see it all before and we survived . We will end up one of the top sides in the championship .

I love your optimistic outlook, I do post what I think (and it gives me no pleasure) - it's not directed at anyone but the people running our club.
Your faith is unshakable fair play to you  Thumb up  I wish I had something to be positive about tbh.
What do you see that makes you have faith we end up one of the top clubs in the EFL ?

One thing is becoming more obvious and that's why it took us 3 months to find a new manager. I'm assuming several didn't quite fancy it or the thought of working for D & J  wasn't an attractive option.
The readout took 3 months to find a manager,is I believe 1, the ex Fulham boss Jan whatever his name changed the goal posts he was lined up to take over from Moore but upped his wages  2 Neil was talked about but we had reservations so decided to stick with Shan to save any more disruption. Then at the end of the season  we did the right thing took our time and got in the one they believe will take us forward looked at others including giving wilder,Who said he was interested a few days but in the end we went for me with the outstanding candidate out there for a club in the championship and in Belic we trust . Why some fans love to have a downer on our club I will never know in my 60 years of supporting them only ever been down about our club twice Buckley and Saunders. Hated a few things Nicholson the drugs , Analka and Berahino.  But all in all this is my club and I will follow them no matter what.

I think your exactly right with your spot on summary, Bilic was available from day one though. 
I don't have a downer on the club I actually care far to much i'm afraid. 
You make me feel young I've only been a supporter for 55 years. Apart from the FAC and I was young then Coming up from the old 3rd division with Super Bob scoring for fun was more enjoyable then any promotion to the PL but that's just me. 
Actually had a chat with Bob at a charity game at Stourbridge FC in April - he was presenting awards to youngsters. great to see him still getting enjoyment out of putting a little time back into the grass roots.
Agreed Bilic was available from day one but at that time he was on a sabbatical after just being sacked and wanted a break .

(11-07-2019, 22:08)Baggievicar Wrote:
(11-07-2019, 22:06)drewks Wrote: I know it, I just KNOW it..... one day I'm going to open this thread and read we've signed somebody.

Anybody.

Please??

Chris Baird.
Will Rakeem Harper do . Don’t worry it won’t be long we badly need incoming. Changing subject a minute has anyone on here watched the Livermore interview the man talks a lot of sense and seems to enjoy the atmosphere around the Baggies.
harrogatebaggie likes this post
(11-07-2019, 16:10)SpenB Wrote: Young Barry signed 3 year deal at Barcelona. we get £235,000 compensation.

I'm glad he's getting an opportunity to train and learn from the best. Unfortunately history tells me he will be loaned out and then released. 
I can only remember one 17 year old over the last 40 years who reached and maintained his potential at such an early age with one top club side. 
Norman Whiteside and he was retired at 26. Maybe Theo Walcott, Michael Owen could be mentioned but both come up a bit short IMO.
Unless some of you know different. Interesting to see other opinions. Good talking point me thinks.
Here we go with the normal / typical WBA PR we tried but. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

£7 million man Callum Robinson has chosen the PL rather then us.
Neal Maupay is on our target list, but we are in a queue behind PL clubs.
Reported target Coventry's Tom Bayliss is now also being targeted by PL clubs.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »