Thread Rating:
Not The Town O'Clock News
I think it was like prison, he hid the phone some place and made the order to the mainland.

He's just convinced them all that battered fish swim in lakes and chips grow on trees
Lord Snooty likes this post
if Hogg told me battered fish swim in lakes and chips grow on trees i might believe him
Amelia Chaffinch likes this post
Allegedly he told jason davidson ugg boots and top knots went well together and walked off sniggering
Isn't international break bloody awful? Didn't even watch the second half of the England game. We really are a joke.
If we are a joke of a footballing nation. What does that make scotland? That game was utterly shambolic
That's what I said, jj. They at least have no right to criticise our national team, even if we are a joke.
to be fair the scotland players at least look like they care , they just arent very good

Aaron Mooy got an assist in the OZ vs Saudi game, as described by the Socceroos official report

"Aaron Mooy directed a perfect corner onto the head of Sainsbury who guided it home to send the teams into the break on level terms."
Strachan's the problem with Scotland.
The english fa want a yes man who wont upset the players or argue against them. They want old fashioned school tie who wont do anything radical.

Scotland have a dinosaur in charge who was a half decent manager at times 15 years ago, but even then it was mainly when he was at celtic. Now he's playing catch up.

Both have players of undisputed talent and potential, but england need someone who is radical and will make the changes that are needed ect. The fa is still in the same state it was when clough was rumoured for the position and its still the same mentality now as it was back then. In large parts its really old heads that are from the righr background for them. The only younger person is the man charged with appointing the new manager and his previous job was at west brom and he didnt do great appointing managers there and then theres the fa dna they bleat on about which in itself is against all our strengths.

The fa dna is right idea, wrong execution for what they have at their disposal.

Scotland, they need a younger manager who has half an idea on how to use players like snodgrass, burke, ritchie, mccormack. They essentially could play the same system klopp used and town use and with what they have at their disposal it would probably work

the answer isnt a 60 year old to either scenario (sorry arsene)
Scotland's biggest problem is Strachan. He's had a proven goalscorer in Jordan Rhodes available to him since day 1, but refuses to play him as he does not fit in with Strachan's blinkered vision of how strikers should play. Strachan thinks it is much more important that they can defend from the front and hold up the ball and lay it off to the advancing midfielders.

One of Scotland's problems is lack of goals (Gibraltar and Malta don't count!). Jordan Rhodes is a proven, experienced goalscorer. The answer seems obvious to me, but not to Strachan.  Angry

Thanks for your sympathy, folks, it's much appreciated.  Rolleyes
Amelia Chaffinch and Lord Snooty like this post
Cabbage is still good for you
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »