Thread Rating:
The Push for Promotion - Act 2 Season 2015-16
I've had enough of this now. I can't be arsed with all the cheats, liars and wankers that exist in today's game. Tonight has done it for me. The player even admitted his guilt but the West Sussex referee insisted on sending FF off, I don't even have to wonder why. I just hope that Brighton punch above their level for a bit, spend loads of money on credit, and then go out of business (like they did a few years ago, must be a South Coast thing what with Southampton and Portsmouth)

It's not sport anymore, it's a game show and it's wank Angry bring on a European league ASAP and then football fans can get back to watching football Thumb up
Statesideowl and consilio like this post
and complicated
Again it comes back to the ability to have video replay to get the decision right. The game had stopped anyway, it was either diving by Fernando or it was a foul by Dawson, whichever was guilty was going to get a yellow card. A ref in a studio somewhere would have taken about 5 seconds to see it was a foul and the game would have moved on!!

It wasn't until video replays came in for the NFL over here that you started seeing key decisions, mainly for touchdowns or possession after a fumble, being called correctly. It doesn't take long for the ref to make that decision and if you have someone else immediately looking at it it wouldn't hold the game up at all!!

The game has overtaken a lot of refs, its too fast for just one official to make all the key calls, there should be two refs so that every challenge gets a second angle on the pitch there and then. Even if play goes on the second ref would have a mic to talk to the ref all the time and can just say "foul" or whatever and play can be stopped.
A57owl likes this post
Not sure about a second ref on the pitch because a video ref would sort out 90% plus of contentious issues within seconds.

Nothing frustrates fans more than games having the wrong outcome due to refereeing errors. In this case, it didn't affect the outcome here but it may affect promotion by hindering Wednesday & helping Brighton. I think the red card at Preston cost us three points because FF would have taken the penalty against QPR & we probably would have won then.

When a player admits a foul then the referee is running a risk with his whole career to ignore him & accuse a player of cheating & I suspect that we won't see this referee on a TV game again this season. Unfortunately there are only a handful of top referees and we don't get them very often.
consilio, Statesideowl, A57owl like this post
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
I'd love to see you right, MS. It's just wishful thinking I feel. In order for that Ref to be 'busted down' and told he's not officiating a televised match again, he'd have to appear before the higher ups and be told of his incompetence/blatant cheating. And who the F are they? Who holds him responsible and who will make the decision?

It goes back to what I said a few days ago, only this time it really does reek of cheating. Yet we have no recourse? Everyone including the Hull player knew what was up. Yet the ref saw a great opportunity to give his home town club an advantage against fellow playoff/promotion rivals.
It's naive to believe in this day and age, when promotion means millions upon millions, with football becoming a corporate business, that referees can't and won't be influenced into cheating and taking bribes. It's just not the honest, working mans game anymore, hasn't been for a long time.

We're going to see more and more of this, Refs will push it as far as they can until there's a choir of voices demanding change. Doesn't it make anyone else wonder why we haven't already resorted to using a 'video ref' since the last World Cup and all the 'anomalous' decisions made since then?

They're not all cheats, nor do they always cheat. However some have clear agendas, I've seen too many games this season ruined by cheating/incompetence.
Wolves 2-1 Derby FT
Statesideowl likes this post
Nothing great will ever be achieved without great men, and men are great only if they are determined to be so. For glory gives herself only to those who have always dreamed of her.
(27-02-2016, 16:52)Owlkev71 Wrote: Wolves 2-1 Derby FT

That result and our result will fire Birmingham up for there game later. They will be right up our holes !! 
If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, you need a team....
Exactly, we need a bit more luck falling our way regarding todays results. A few teams have games in hand on us. The gap has already shifted on us. 2 pts from the last possible 9pts have cost us.
Now we can see how important those 2pts dropped against QPR actually are.
I believe there are no referee assessors at games now.
Nothing changes,again.
Wickham scores two.... No chance him coming to us in the summer now.
If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, you need a team....
if there is money there is every chance !! and remember this wanker played for leeds for money !! dont want him xxxx !!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »