Thread Rating:
Rangers squad
(19-02-2016, 23:50)Paigntonhibby Wrote: ooh you are a card worthless

Beats being worthless Eh!
What Editors lack in talent, wit and intelligence they also lack in originality.
(20-02-2016, 00:17)supercooper Wrote:

Ooh you are a knob poops

(20-02-2016, 00:17)supercooper Wrote:

Ooh you are a knob poops
Now I see that Warburton has called for plastic pitches to be banned in top flight football (can only comment on what I read) he has to remember they aren't playing top flight football just now,also he keeps banging on Bout the good of Scottisg football but in the same breath it would seem he wants to kill it off too,he needs to sit back and realise that not all clubs are in a financial position to lay and turf take it on the chin and get on with it like the rear of the clubs do.
Does what you read extend only to false headlines, because while Warburton said his personal opinion was they shouldn't be used in the top flight, I don't think he called for a ban at all.

I agree about the financial realities of the situation, and we're likely to see more rather than fewer plastic pitches in the top flight in future. His reasoning can't really be faulted though - if plastic pitches were as good as well conditioned grass pitches everyone would use them, and FIFA and UEFA wouldn't have to carry out regular inspections of them to make sure they're fit for purpose. People have moaned here about the state of pitches cutting up and how it affects play, particularly in the winter, for decades, and part of the reason for using AstroTurf is to mitigate that, but I don't think any of the clubs that use it would rather use it than a high quality grass pitch.

I also said at the time Waghorn's injury looked like a typical plastic pitch knock, so I'm of the opinion that that pitch did contribute to the injury. I've done the same thing on AstroTurf and you feel the impact hard. I've never hurt myself like that on grass. Admittedly some of it is probably due to the way you instinctively carry yourself when you land, expecting certain feedback from the surface but getting something different. The more you play on it the more you adapt, but while Rangers players do some of their training on plastic, it's more likely to be drills and passing exercises than diving into full blooded tackles and getting battered to the ground.
Like I said El Car I can only go on what I read
(20-02-2016, 10:53)El Car Wrote: Does what you read extend only to false headlines, because while Warburton said his personal opinion was they shouldn't be used in the top flight, I don't think he called for a ban at all.

I agree about the financial realities of the situation, and we're likely to see more rather than fewer plastic pitches in the top flight in future. His reasoning can't really be faulted though - if plastic pitches were as good as well conditioned grass pitches everyone would use them, and FIFA and UEFA wouldn't have to carry out regular inspections of them to make sure they're fit for purpose. People have moaned here about the state of pitches cutting up and how it affects play, particularly in the winter, for decades, and part of the reason for using AstroTurf is to mitigate that, but I don't think any of the clubs that use it would rather use it than a high quality grass pitch.

I also said at the time Waghorn's injury looked like a typical plastic pitch knock, so I'm of the opinion that that pitch did contribute to the injury. I've done the same thing on AstroTurf and you feel the impact hard. I've never hurt myself like that on grass. Admittedly some of it is probably due to the way you instinctively carry yourself when you land, expecting certain feedback from the surface but getting something different. The more you play on it the more you adapt, but while Rangers players do some of their training on plastic, it's more likely to be drills and passing exercises than diving into full blooded tackles and getting battered to the ground.
how can they quite happily play rugby on it then, i'm sure rugby players hit the deck wi' a bigger clatter than a fitba' player. ye cannae compare it tae astro turf, its a helluva lot mair advanced than that. not reading headlines but i saw a tellybox programme on the product when a rugby club was getting it installed and it seemed there was plenty of give in it
I play on 3G at Petershill Park these days; no real difference on impact from the AstroTurf I used to play on twenty years ago. The surface is much better for running and playing the ball on, and is much better in terms of the burns you can get off it, but the impact problems are still pretty much the same.
That is pish El Car those surfaces were criminal the 3 and 5g pitches are miles better than those things,yer talking through a hole in yer arse.
Oh well, I suppose I'll just ignore twenty years of my own experience then in favour of your hyperbole.

Or rather, I won't.

Doh
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »