Thread Rating:
Sack the numpty now!!
Jens Keller - former Schalke Head Coach.

Thomas Schaaf - former Werder Bremen and Eintracht Frankfurt Head Coach
Worldclassalbion likes this post
That's more like it Josh.
What kind of playing style and more importantly are they realistic targets ?
Don't want another Pepe Mel if TP was sacked and to be honest he still has my support to the end of the season at the very least.
Two good suggestions there Josh. I don't follow Bundesliga as closely as I used to yet I do know Keller's sacking at Schalke was harsh and he's done well for them.
They are both probably out of our league and Keller is taking a break from the game but maybe we could entice them with Premiership football.

Jens Keller is probably my favourite coach. He sets his teams up in a 4-2-3-1 formation with pace out wide and an attack minded attacking midfielder. 2 defensive minded midfielders play in the centre of midfield. He is very versatile with tactics because he changes them each game. For example high pressing and possession football one game and then deeper defensive and line and counter attacking in the next. He speaks English because I have heard him speak it on the Bundesliga highlight show in an interview.

Here are some highlights of Schalke under Keller's leadership:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1iRbjHXCi0w

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TrH7sKmEdII

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ub7LcC0iYB8
Both would be great, especially Keller.

However this reminds me a little of the little Victorian orphan kids looking through the window of a toy shop on Christmas Eve and drooling over the big centre piece wooden train. At the Albion we are not used to Christmas miracles (other than the great escape season, of course), so don't be expecting a magical fairy to come and get it for us, wave a wand and everything will be happy ever after.

Pullis will be in place until it is looking very dodgy for us, probably jumping when he realises we may not escape relegation, in order to keep his record in place.

I still maintain that our squad is as good as many in our part of the Premiership and it is still a case of not utilising the resources we have to the best of their abilities.
BaggieSteve likes this post
Realistically I`d give the job to Nigel Pearson.
WeeWillie likes this post
There are very fine lines in football. Against Swansea, we were poor, but it still took a Myhill gaff for them to beat us.

Comparing that to last year's performance under Irvine, where Swansea obliterated us 3-0, I see an improvement.

Personally, I'm not a fan of Pulis' style if I'm honest. But I'm struggling to see how anyone can fail to see the improvement in effort, organisation and competitive edge since he took over.

Today's game at Newcastle was another example. Last year they hammered us 2-0 at our place and bullied us. There was a huge improvement today. Albeit, it took a goalkeeping error for the winning goal - that's the fine lines.

I think any logical fan would be in agreement that sometimes Pulis is too negative, has wasted money on the likes of Chester and probably should be giving McManaman a game. But to call him 'wank' or 'numpty' given the huge improvement since he took over, seems a bit biased.

Maybe you should cast your mind back to the spineless dross Irvine served up.

Pulis has got his flaws but let's remember inherited a side full of players with bad attitudes who didn't perform. Also let's remember we barely won at home at all for the 3 managers previous to Pulis. The football isn't pretty, but he's gradually weeding out the bad attitudes and cliques while keeping us in the league.

I expect Saido (and maybe one or 2 others) will go in January and if Pulis is given the funds to spend, I'll judge him at the end of the season. At the moment, I still see us in the transitional stage after a series of bad decisions at boardroom level.
4evaabaggie, , Squirrel Regis like this post
Respect the opinion of any fan who does not like the style or team selection of TP.

However, anybody who states the RESULTS are not good please read this statistic -

Tony Pullis has now completed 38 games in charge of WBA achieving 50 points. If that was a full season it would have meant a top 10 finish in any of the last 6 premier league seasons.

Makes you think doesn't it....
Whistle
likes this post
Am I right in saying Mr Squirrel that the club did finish 8th and 10th a few seasons ago or could I be wrong ?
Angel
How bloody inconsiderate beating Newcastle, having more possession, 22 shots on goal, umpteen corners.
Does Tony Pulis not know RainbowTurnedEastStand & The Baggieman need to be negative and complain after every match.
Squirrel Regis likes this post
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »