Thread Rating:
31 Aug, 2021 Transfer Window: Championship Rebuild
No Piereira in the squad today, guess that is it then Sad
(23-05-2021, 16:22)Salopbaggie Wrote: No Piereira in the squad today, guess that is it then Sad

Broken wrist so they say........

DD Whistle Whistle
Ubique.
Cyle Larin - Striker link - it has started
Townsend extends contract for 3-years.
Worldclassalbion likes this post
Oooo.... Jack Wilshere available?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57267351
Austin, Robson-Kanu, Grosicki, Edwards, Ivanovic, Peltier and Lonergan all officially released.

The article doesn't mention Gibbs, I guess the official website forgot he still played for us...

The rebuild begins!
(27-05-2021, 19:09)Slick_Footwork Wrote: Austin, Robson-Kanu, Grosicki, Edwards, Ivanovic, Peltier and Lonergan all officially released.

The article doesn't mention Gibbs, I guess the official website forgot he still played for us...

The rebuild begins!

I know RK seems to divide opinion, but apart from him I think all other names are definitely replaceable, to say the least! ?
The Baggies have offered Finn Azaz, Zak Delaney, Toby King and Owen Windsor new contracts, while the club have also activated the option to extend goalkeeper Ted Cann’s deal.

Ten Under-18 players - Jamie Andrews, Zac Ashworth, Maks Boruc, Mo Faal, Tom Fellows, Ethan Ingram, Tim Iroegbunam, Jovan Malcolm, Aurio Teixeira and Caleb Taylor - have also been offered their first professional contracts.

Meanwhile seven senior players will leave The Hawthorns this summer.

Hal Robson-Kanu’s spell at the club will come to an end after five years, in which he made 154 appearances and scored 24 goals.

Fellow striker Charlie Austin will be leaving too, having spent the second half of the 2020/21 campaign on loan at QPR.

Wingers Kamil Grosicki and Kyle Edwards, defenders Branislav Ivanovic and Lee Peltier, and goalkeeper Andy Lonergan will also depart following the conclusion of their contracts.

Youngsters Zak Brown, Nick Clayton-Phillips, Cheikh Diaby, Tyrese Dyce, George Harmon, Sam French, Tom Sharpe, Tom Solanke, Finley Thorndike, Aksum White, Harry Williams, Vinnie Dwyer, Jamie Emery and Ryan Grant have all been released.

The club would like to thank all departing players for their efforts during their time at The Hawthorns and we wish them every success in the future.

DD Whistle Whistle
Ubique.
I don’t understand why we have released Cheikh Diaby
The light at the end of the tunnel is the light of an oncoming train
Grosicki is the only one I really regret. I do think he's class and never seemed to get a chance.
Shame about Diaby as well, given the hopes there were for him. I wonder if he's another one we'll see doing well somewhere else in a few years and regret releasing.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »