Thread Rating:
31 Aug, 2021 Transfer Window: Championship Rebuild
(20-01-2021, 23:42)WBA-Josh Wrote: Sokratis Papastathopoulos has left Arsenal.

Would you guys be interested in him on a free transfer? The wages could be an issue and he is 32, turning 33 in June, but he could give us 18 months of solid service (as long as we stay up of course) before probably returning to Greece.

If he's fit, yes. Could be a quick win as any freebie means potential for additional loan enforcements.

But I'm not sure if he would want to come, as he will probably have those offers on the table from the big clubs in Greece and Turkey already, as well decent sides in the Bundesliga. Maybe if he's happy in the UK it could work, but I'm not sure our lockdown rules help anyone to be happy here at present.

(20-01-2021, 18:42)wba13 Wrote: Harper to Blues on loan for rest of season
Masi says we’re after Benfica striker Haris Seferovic Swiss internationalwho we looked at in the summer. Difficult to get this one over the line but Benfica are in big financial trouble. By all accounts we have a good relationship with Benfica, but I wonder if Krovinavic Lon deal may have p****d them off.

I suspect we are using Krovinovic's loan deal as a bargaining chip for Seferovic...

I assume we paid a loan fee to have Krovi here for the year without a recall option. If Benfica have an offer on the table from someone looking to buy Krovi now, that means they have to agree to terminate the deal with us first. Rather than being refunded, we could be looking to only sanction the termination if Seferovic is able to join us as a replacement. If Benfica haven't got the cash to pay us to terminate the Krovi deal, this could benefit both parties.
Ex-Everton striker Oumar Niasse says he would love to join Albion.

The 30-year-old joined the Toffees £13.5million deal while Allardyce was in charge.

Would he be worth a punt?
WBA World Cup P/League WINNER 2018. WBA League Cup Winner 2021.
WBA Prediction Legue WINNER 2020/21 Play off winner 23
HUDDERSFIELD FC Prediction League WINNER 2021/22/RU 23

Best author award Mystery Novels 2021 Thumb up
There must be a better option around. I'd love to join Albion, for that matter, but I wouldn't recommend myself.
(OK Josh, Niasse is only a third my age, admittedly)
(21-01-2021, 13:18)wba13 Wrote:
(21-01-2021, 00:42)Salopbaggie Wrote:
(20-01-2021, 23:20)wba13 Wrote:
(20-01-2021, 18:42)Salopbaggie Wrote:
(20-01-2021, 11:35)wba13 Wrote: Agreed Allardyce made the statement, but we don’t know who made the agreement. For me someone is innocent until proven Guilty.  What has happened before has nothing to do with this. Now I’m no big Allardyce fan but making statements when you you don’t know what happened is wrong. Remember Moyes has previous he was manager of Everton when the same thing happened with Tim Howard when signed from Man Utd Whistle

"We could only get the deal done with that agreement", those word imply previous knowledge.  I would not try and defend, any club if they clearly break the rules any more than I would condone any player taking a dive.  It may be the deal was done without SA'a knowledge, yes it is possible, we sign a player from the Sham which of course Sam is the ex manager of, he has been investigated by the FA for doggy dealing, twice and had to resign as England manager after taking a payment for advising on doggy dealing (whether he was set up or not), so historically the score is; Sam 3 - WBA 0, but yes it is possible, he knew nothing about it.  

Point is none of that matters, the one who picks the team is the manager, the issue is about Snodgrass being left out of the squad for a non legitimate reason, one that may very well breach FA Reg: 17.  From Sam's statement we know 'at least' he went along with the alleged breach, by not playing him, so at the least he was complicit in any breach which may or may not have occurred.   But fingers crossed the FA have not found anyone guilty of any  breach of regulations, yet.  Whistle
I get it you want big Sam to fail. You obviously don’t like him. So I will leave it at that. Thumb up Whistle

I would have left it at that but to suggest that I want the manager of our team to fail, which in turn would mean I want our team to fail, is out of order.   I don't quite get how you think stating the facts means I do not like Big Sam, the facts are the facts and would not changed whether I love or hate Allerdyce.  If you can point at anything I said which is not factual, in order to show why you think I think I want him to fail, that would be interesting.

Doh  Doh  Doh and the jibes on other site have started 'Bung Bung Baggies' Doh  Doh  Doh

FACT your words. { So Allardyce is up to his doggy dealings already, } but as I stated you have no idea who made this agreement , you are implying in that first sentence that it was Allardyce when you don’t know. Never anywhere have I said you wanted Albion to fail and never would. 

Yep and I stand by that as fact, I did not say corrupt, illegal or anything like that.  I said dodgy. If a club buys a player and they do not play that player in a game after a 'gentleman's agreement', that is dodgy, could the board or anyone else other than SA change the team that played against the Sham, no. When was the last time our transfers were examined by the FA for this type of thing? As for the fail bit, I don't follow how the SA could fail and the club be successful, hence it follows if I want SA to fail the consequences means the club fails. Whistle
(21-01-2021, 20:42)Baggievicar Wrote: (OK Josh, Niasse is only a third my age, admittedly)

A tenth of your age is surely closer to the truth. Whistle
(21-01-2021, 23:25)WBA-Josh Wrote:
(21-01-2021, 20:42)Baggievicar Wrote: (OK Josh, Niasse is only a third my age, admittedly)

A tenth of your age is surely closer to the truth. Whistle

Cmmn Josh, even with the help of God himself that would make our Vicar 300 years plus and definitely our oldest supporter Big Grin
WBA World Cup P/League WINNER 2018. WBA League Cup Winner 2021.
WBA Prediction Legue WINNER 2020/21 Play off winner 23
HUDDERSFIELD FC Prediction League WINNER 2021/22/RU 23

Best author award Mystery Novels 2021 Thumb up
(22-01-2021, 02:56)Baggiebob(BBB) Wrote:  Cmmn Josh, even with the help of God himself that would make our Vicar 300 years plus and definitely our oldest supporter Big Grin

I think Drewks is even older than that.  Whistle
(22-01-2021, 03:02)WBA-Josh Wrote:
(22-01-2021, 02:56)Baggiebob(BBB) Wrote:  Cmmn Josh, even with the help of God himself that would make our Vicar 300 years plus and definitely our oldest supporter Big Grin

I think Drewks is even older than that.  Whistle

Don’t be ridiculous Josh. I'm not a day over 250. Angry
Woof Woof
Start every day off with a smile and get it over with
(21-01-2021, 21:11)Salopbaggie Wrote:
(21-01-2021, 13:18)wba13 Wrote:
(21-01-2021, 00:42)Salopbaggie Wrote:
(20-01-2021, 23:20)wba13 Wrote:
(20-01-2021, 18:42)Salopbaggie Wrote: "We could only get the deal done with that agreement", those word imply previous knowledge.  I would not try and defend, any club if they clearly break the rules any more than I would condone any player taking a dive.  It may be the deal was done without SA'a knowledge, yes it is possible, we sign a player from the Sham which of course Sam is the ex manager of, he has been investigated by the FA for doggy dealing, twice and had to resign as England manager after taking a payment for advising on doggy dealing (whether he was set up or not), so historically the score is; Sam 3 - WBA 0, but yes it is possible, he knew nothing about it.  

Point is none of that matters, the one who picks the team is the manager, the issue is about Snodgrass being left out of the squad for a non legitimate reason, one that may very well breach FA Reg: 17.  From Sam's statement we know 'at least' he went along with the alleged breach, by not playing him, so at the least he was complicit in any breach which may or may not have occurred.   But fingers crossed the FA have not found anyone guilty of any  breach of regulations, yet.  Whistle
I get it you want big Sam to fail. You obviously don’t like him. So I will leave it at that. Thumb up Whistle

I would have left it at that but to suggest that I want the manager of our team to fail, which in turn would mean I want our team to fail, is out of order.   I don't quite get how you think stating the facts means I do not like Big Sam, the facts are the facts and would not changed whether I love or hate Allerdyce.  If you can point at anything I said which is not factual, in order to show why you think I think I want him to fail, that would be interesting.

Doh  Doh  Doh and the jibes on other site have started 'Bung Bung Baggies' Doh  Doh  Doh

FACT your words. { So Allardyce is up to his doggy dealings already, } but as I stated you have no idea who made this agreement , you are implying in that first sentence that it was Allardyce when you don’t know. Never anywhere have I said you wanted Albion to fail and never would. 

Yep and I stand by that as fact, I did not say corrupt, illegal or anything like that.  I said dodgy.  If a club buys a player and they do not play that player in a game after a 'gentleman's agreement', that is dodgy, could the board or anyone else other than SA change the team that played against the Sham, no.  When was the last time our transfers were examined by the FA for this type of thing?  As for the fail bit, I don't follow how the SA could fail and the club be successful, hence it follows if I want SA to fail the consequences means the club fails.  Whistle

We will have to disagree on this debate because we’re both Stubborn bar stewards. Rolleyes Anyway incoming being reported no names mentioned but possibly Diange from Galatasaray.
Salopbaggie likes this post
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »