Thread Rating:
Trump Watch activated!
I must admit I'm not greatly into the Biden style of campaigning either but he did OK in the face of a planned strategy of disruption, insult and interruption by Trump which IMO didn't succeed in its objective to try and undermine him. I think Trump lost the Presidency last night in front of a global audience and if I was Joe Biden I'd be very tempted to reject the next two tv debates on the basis that he is facing a lunatic who has no regard for objective debate or the rules that are in place - very tempting indeed to tell him to f### off! My only other concern is the expected deluge of military style data-streaming of voter targets in the last 10 days of election campaigning, a strategy that has been previously used by populist manipulators like Trump and those Tory/Brexit chancers in the UK a la Cambridge Analytica. I'm hoping the Dem campaign team are alert to this strategy and how to negate its impact on voters using certain social media platforms.
hibeejim21 likes this post
There were no winners last night, but Trump definitely lost! His refusal to condemn white supremacists and in fact tell them to stand back and stand by was absolutely deplorable from a sitting US President. That action alone will lose him some moderate supporters who while they won't likely vote for Biden they will just not vote at all. There aren't many undecided voters left according to the polls anyway and already a few million people have already cast their vote, so not much will change. The next crisis will likely be Trump refusing to accept the result, trying to send it to SCOTUS and get them to rule out mail in ballots. If that happens then civil war could break out here!!
(01-10-2020, 00:17)St Charles Owl Wrote: There were no winners last night, but Trump definitely lost!  His refusal to condemn white supremacists and in fact tell them to stand back and stand by was absolutely deplorable from a sitting US President.  That action alone will lose him some moderate supporters who while they won't likely vote for Biden they will just not vote at all.  There aren't many undecided voters left according to the polls anyway and already a few million people have already cast their vote, so not much will change.  The next crisis will likely be Trump refusing to accept the result, trying to send it to SCOTUS and get them to rule out mail in ballots. If that happens then civil war could break out here!!

What was that 'forest city' in Europe pish about as well? Laugh
(01-10-2020, 00:17)St Charles Owl Wrote: There were no winners last night, but Trump definitely lost!  His refusal to condemn white supremacists and in fact tell them to stand back and stand by was absolutely deplorable from a sitting US President.  That action alone will lose him some moderate supporters who while they won't likely vote for Biden they will just not vote at all.  There aren't many undecided voters left according to the polls anyway and already a few million people have already cast their vote, so not much will change.  The next crisis will likely be Trump refusing to accept the result, trying to send it to SCOTUS and get them to rule out mail in ballots. If that happens then civil war could break out here!!

I'd just add that the initial few million votes, incl the military ones, are already postal votes with no probs or fraud attached to the process as bogusly insinuated by Trump in that debate and Biden (and Chris Laws) pointed out that fact with no strong evidence to endorse Trump's conspiracy theory anyway. One can see what Trump is up to in trying to "kit up" SCOTUS with suspected partial law court judges biased towards his cause; if they stupidly try to subvert a US election result in this way, they would lose all credibility as practising law judges and there would be a rightful push towards a breach of the US constitution, IMO unprecedented! What this scenario reminds me of is the worst election fraud carried out by some past tin pot African regime OR look further north to Belarus eh!! One really hopes that the majority of the American population give Biden a significant victory over this lunatic, a nightmare of a US President. I hope the US female vote, hopefully should be a significant one, prevails in that defining moment as well!! I just can't perceive that a huge chunk of free-thinking American voters will actually vote for Trump after watching his shit behaviour and the mad rants that go with it!! I briefly listened to some interviews with American voters who didn't know who to vote for because they still couldn't perceive what was on offer from either candidate?? My initial "take" re this view was 1. Where have you been for the past 4 years? 2. Have you observed this President's extreme behaviour since the pandemic began and up to the present time? 3. If such doubt prevails, DON'T BOTHER VOTING AT ALL!!
Sensational news! Trump and wife test positive for COVID19 lol Laugh A "wrath of god" moment days after Trump mocking Joe Biden re wearing a mask and also after visiting high risk locations that he was advised not to visit!!! Remember that Trump comment, "It's almost over, COVID will be gone soon" ha ha ha ha!! An idiot and apparently professing that he will attend a rally in the next fortnight???????? Aye that'll be right and surely a SCOTUS or Police/FBI action is in order if he tries to break COVID isolation rules in the middle of such a public health crisis - a confirmed moron!!!
Clearly learned nothing from when his great friend Bodgit copped for it. The convenient story is being told as that he got it from his adviser who had tested +ve. It's just as likely he gave it to her and his missus having picked it up elsewhere but being asymptomatic (it seems at the moment) didn't realise he had it.
0762 likes this post
A guide to cask ale.

[Image: aO7W3pZ.png]

Multi-tasking. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.
What's the latest news on the streets SCO?

Is he going to opt for the Javex (bleach) or Pine-Sol (disinfectant) injections? Maybe one in each arm?

Or would he prefer the 1' long UV lamp up his rectum followed by stuffing it down his throat for at least 30 minutes each then repeat until the virus is defeated option?

Either way, we would enjoy it more than him.
ritchiebaby likes this post
A guide to cask ale.

[Image: aO7W3pZ.png]

Multi-tasking. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.
(02-10-2020, 17:05)theo_luddite Wrote: What's the latest news on the streets SCO?

I think everyone is still trying to digest the news currently. What is emerging seems to be a complete neglect by the WH by still holding events after knowing about Hope Hicks contracting it. We are now seeing multiple people who attended the Rose Garden meeting on Saturday to introduce the SCOTUS nominee announce they are positive. Since that time we have seen a Presidential debate, meetings for Senators at the WH and two campaign rallies/fund raisers, how many more are going to test positive.

Where we go from here will depend on how he responds to treatment but I would bet there is a piece of paper being written that removes him temporarily from office in the event he becomes incapacitated, its called the 25th Amendment and I think was last signed when Reagan was shot. The election cannot be put on hold no matter what happens but things like confirmations of SCOTUS nominees certainly can!!
0762 likes this post
And he's on his way to hospital! Perhaps he could be sectioned under mental health provisions while he's there.
0762 and hibeejim21 like this post
Cabbage is still good for you
To think he was mocking Biden for wearing a mask the other day Laugh Laugh

Even if the old scumbag croaks, he could still win if the republicans embalm him and send him out on the campaign trail with some racist tapes for a backing track. A kind of fascist 'weekend at Bernies' if you like.

It says a lot about his politics that my first thought was 'he's at it'. Too convenient for him.
ritchiebaby and 0762 like this post
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »