Thread Rating:
31 Aug, 2021 Transfer Window: Championship Rebuild
I’ve noticed no Dwight Gayle in the Toon squad again today. Is he injured? I know a lot of folk seem to think he can’t do it in the Premiership but I’d like us to try for another loan on him. Knows the club and players and enjoyed his time with us and we enjoyed his brilliant contribution to the cause.

Thoughts........
BLACK COUNTRY BY BIRTH, ALBION BY THE GRACE OF GOD AND MY OLD MAN

You go in the cage? cage goes in the water, sharks in the water....Our Shark Cry

Ultrinque Paratus
(27-09-2020, 16:34)Worldclassalbion Wrote: I’ve noticed no Dwight Gayle in the Toon squad again today. Is he injured?  I know a lot of folk seem to think he can’t do it in the Premiership but I’d like us to try for another loan on him. Knows the club and players and enjoyed his time with us and we enjoyed his brilliant contribution to the cause.

Thoughts........

Just had knee surgery I believe and out for at least 3 months.
(27-09-2020, 16:39)Slick_Footwork Wrote:
(27-09-2020, 16:34)Worldclassalbion Wrote: I’ve noticed no Dwight Gayle in the Toon squad again today. Is he injured?  I know a lot of folk seem to think he can’t do it in the Premiership but I’d like us to try for another loan on him. Knows the club and players and enjoyed his time with us and we enjoyed his brilliant contribution to the cause.

Thoughts........

Just had knee surgery I believe and out for at least 3 months.

That’s answered that then. A shame as surely worth another punt
BLACK COUNTRY BY BIRTH, ALBION BY THE GRACE OF GOD AND MY OLD MAN

You go in the cage? cage goes in the water, sharks in the water....Our Shark Cry

Ultrinque Paratus

Thoughts........

Out injured until the new year mate Rolleyes
2x Premier League Champ 1x Championship Winner and World cup Winner
https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/f...EG6OnODnMI

Josh, any good?
(27-09-2020, 21:31)derbybaggie Wrote: https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/f...EG6OnODnMI

Josh, any good?

I saw a couple of Metz games last season and if he's the one I'm thinking of, I thought he was quite an ungainly looking number 9. Almost had a lanky look to him. Not particularly easy on the eye.

But he was an out and out number 9, so something different to what we have. In terms of natural talent, I'd prefer Niang who we were previously linked with. But Diallo wold offer something different.

But take my thoughts with a pinch of salt as I'm going off 2/3 games and it was when Metz were playing the big teams.
That is the player you're thinking of Slick.

He scored 12 in 26 last season and scored 26 in their promotion the season before that. So far this season though he has no goals and only 1 start in 5 matches and has lost his place to Niane, which is strange considering he waa given the captain's armband towards the end of last season.

He wasn't on the bench in yesterday's draw away at Marseille which must mean that he's on his way out of Metz.
Rumours are rife today that Austin is going to Derby, Zohore to Sheffield Wed and Grosicki to Forest. Don’t know if any are true but some are in the Media and some on social media. Also saying we have afford 5mill loan + 10 mill if we stay up for Karlan Grant. Also Krovinovic is in the country timing up his loan deal and should be announced today or tomoz.
harrogatebaggie likes this post
(28-09-2020, 12:32)wba13 Wrote: Rumours are rife today that Austin is going to Derby, Zohore to Sheffield Wed and Grosicki to Forest. Don’t know if any are true but some are in the Media and some on social media. Also saying we have afford 5mill loan + 10 mill if we stay up for Karlan Grant. Also Krovinovic is in the country timing up his loan deal and should be announced today or tomoz.

Well, let's hope they're all true. If so that would be great business all round Thumb up Big Grin Thumb up
harrogatebaggie likes this post
(28-09-2020, 13:18)drewks Wrote:
(28-09-2020, 12:32)wba13 Wrote: Rumours are rife today that Austin is going to Derby, Zohore to Sheffield Wed and Grosicki to Forest. Don’t know if any are true but some are in the Media and some on social media. Also saying we have afford 5mill loan + 10 mill if we stay up for Karlan Grant. Also Krovinovic is in the country timing up his loan deal and should be announced today or tomoz.

Well, let's hope they're all true. If so that would be great business all round  Thumb up  Big Grin  Thumb up

Hear, hear.

I'd be a tad disappointed about Grosicki, who I prefer over Edwards and Phillips. But no point keeping him around as 5th choice... and he's going to fall further with Krov incoming.

Did expect Forest to come for him as they wanted him in January and have started slowly.

Hopefully this frees up some cash or space for more than just a striker. I still think we need a defensive midfielder and full back(s).
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »