Thread Rating:
31 Aug, 2021 Transfer Window: Championship Rebuild
(20-09-2020, 19:57)Blue Baggie Wrote:
(20-09-2020, 18:51)Worldclassalbion Wrote:
(20-09-2020, 18:39)Blue Baggie Wrote: I know I often post rubbish, but how does signing strikers stop us conceding goals?

BB hopefully Kipre, Ivanović and Hegazi can help there.
I certainly wouldn’t be selling Hegazi before Bartley.

I'm with you, but all the talk is we need strikers. IMO the basics are wrong Organisation - Discipline - Determination. We have been shoulder shrugging for a long time now. Everyone looks at someone else and thinks they are to blame. We need to sign a psychiatrist not a striker.

Hey BB, you're not hankering after a return to the Pulis era regarding discipline, working 'Aaard and determination are you? Big Grin
And about the talk of signing strikers above all this, well, surely playing on the front foot is the best way? Apart from the above mentioned era we've always had the mentality of "you score 2, we'll score 3", and I personally welcome a return to that approach. It IS meant to be an entertainment business amongst other things too, surely?
I'm not advocating a 100% cavalier approach, but I like the ideal that SB is reinstalling into our club Thumb up
harrogatebaggie likes this post
(20-09-2020, 20:20)drewks Wrote:
(20-09-2020, 19:57)Blue Baggie Wrote:
(20-09-2020, 18:51)Worldclassalbion Wrote:
(20-09-2020, 18:39)Blue Baggie Wrote: I know I often post rubbish, but how does signing strikers stop us conceding goals?

BB hopefully Kipre, Ivanović and Hegazi can help there.
I certainly wouldn’t be selling Hegazi before Bartley.

I'm with you, but all the talk is we need strikers. IMO the basics are wrong Organisation - Discipline - Determination. We have been shoulder shrugging for a long time now. Everyone looks at someone else and thinks they are to blame. We need to sign a psychiatrist not a striker.

Hey BB, you're not hankering after a return to the Pulis era regarding discipline, working 'Aaard and determination are you?  Big Grin
And about the talk of signing strikers above all this, well, surely playing on the front foot is the best way? Apart from the above mentioned era we've always had the mentality of  "you score 2, we'll score 3", and I personally welcome a return to that approach. It IS meant to be an entertainment business amongst other things too, surely?
I'm not advocating a 100% cavalier approach, but I like the ideal that SB is reinstalling into our club  Thumb up

Nahh I'm just frustrated - we are lacking in so much atm. Let's see if Gallagher and Ivanovic can help us improve. 
I don't expect much against Chelsea - I would be happy with a 0 - 0  Wink
2020 the year the bubble burst  Doh
(20-09-2020, 21:09)Blue Baggie Wrote: [quote='drewks' pid='197105' dateline='1600626055']
[quote='Blue Baggie' pid='197103' dateline='1600624644'

Nahh I'm just frustrated - we are lacking in so much atm. Let's see if Gallagher and Ivanovic can help us improve. 
I don't expect much against Chelsea - I would be happy with a 0 - 0  ;)

... or preferably a 5-5 Rolleyes Big Grin
I know there will be plenty of twists and turns before the transfer window closes but if our current focus is really Andre Gray and Slimani, I reckon we should book the coach tickets for Reading away now
The light at the end of the tunnel is the light of an oncoming train
Come on baggiesteve, your being a bit premature, two games in and your saying " I reckon we should book the coach tickets for Reading away now "

next year's fixtures aren't even out yet, we don't know what date that match will be besides we may not be in the same division, they may get promoted.

Seriously though .... We have played two of the regular top ten finishing teams, give us a chance to settle.

In my honest opinion ..... I love the Albion I hate the premier league, that hate is so strong I have lost interest in watching it or following any results. Stay up, go down .... So what.
Salopbaggie likes this post
(21-09-2020, 10:17)4evaabaggie Wrote: Come on baggiesteve, your being a bit premature, two games in and your saying " I reckon we should book the coach tickets for Reading away now "

next year's fixtures aren't even out yet, we don't know what date that match will be besides we may not be in the same division, they may get promoted.

Seriously though .... We have played two of the regular top ten finishing teams, give us a chance to settle.

In my honest opinion ..... I love the Albion I hate the premier league, that hate is so strong I have lost interest in watching it or following any results. Stay up, go down .... So what.

4eva much more important things are going on tbh, we should be looking at this PL appearance as a chance to strengthen the squad and pick up 
the millions Sky provide. We as a club should be financially secure for the next 3 years, which is more then can be said for a lot of other clubs.

Lots of us lose interest at times, a good cup run is sometimes just what the Doctor ordered. 

Stay safe my friend. 

PS Reading are top of the Championship  Big Grin
(21-09-2020, 10:17)4evaabaggie Wrote: Come on baggiesteve, your being a bit premature, two games in and your saying " I reckon we should book the coach tickets for Reading away now "

Big Grin

4eva, I’m actually not particularly pessimistic about this season, like a lot of us on this forum I’m of a mind that “it is what it is”, let’s just enjoy the season. I think my frustration came from the faffing around with the Karlan Grant transfer and the thought that the club believes Gray and Slimani will somehow score the goals we need...all evidence points to the contrary.

Big Grin
The light at the end of the tunnel is the light of an oncoming train
I must be nuts , I ever lose interest no matter which league we’re in. I will watch them through thick and thin will not miss a match if at all possible. I have got my seat booked for tomorrow’s match and Saturday. I just wish I could be there to egg them on. Cannot wait for the day to arrive when we can go back I will be there. We all have priorities but mine is Wife kids and Grandkids then the Albion. I just love football.
BaggieSteve likes this post
Some club news of another site . Rumours are circulating that the Albion has been put up for sale by Lai.
Good if true but if it is true might have a problem getting his money back.
Could Peace be interested in a cut price bid after making a huge profit when selling us. { This is a joke }
With the end of the transfer window getting closer, I for one was expecting Bilic to wave his magic wand and reveal our next couple of hidden gems?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »