Thread Rating:
31 Aug, 2021 Transfer Window: Championship Rebuild
If you had said to me I could have only one signing this would have been the one I would have wanted, as opposed to what the team need, even when all the press was saying that the deal was as good as done, i still thought something would go wrong, the Lakaku memories flooding back. But over the line now happy days.
Unbelievable.
With Kron looking likely, and Pereira & Diangana now in, that's a really fabulous nucleus. You can see the togetherness of them, which will spread through the squad and be the strength that will hold us together.
Sorry, sounds a bit airy fairy I know, but I really do believe that, with a good forward or 2 (obviously Deeney & Grant spring to mind) we'll not be struggling at all next season
harrogatebaggie likes this post
With Pereira and Diangana, we have a lot of happy fans in the Black Country. More to come enjoy the party guys.
2020 the year the bubble burst  Doh
Another great thing about the Kipre, Diangana & Pereira signings are that they are all young - probably with their best years still ahead of them - and we've got them all on (I believe) 4 year contracts.
Slightly tempered by the sell on clauses but no matter - they will be the nucleus of our team for a number of years and their value is very unlikely to go down!
Yes, things are looking better.
But we still need a striker.
And the problems in defensive midfield are the same as last season, against better players than last season.
And left back...
Yes, I'm a miserable git.
I too can’t believe this!! Grady and Slav are the best 2 signings we’ve had in a decade. Added to that Peiriera.

I’m very happy but still have concerns that even with these 2, Krov and Robinson we still weren’t the best team in the Championship.

Hopefully Krov to follow along with a couple of strikers.

I’d still like us to sign another keeper, apparently Button will sign today after the Friendly with Brighton but I would like a nailed on new number 1 keeper. It’s no secret I don’t like Johnstone but I’m not gonna get into any arguments with anyone about him as we all have our own opinions.

Really Happy Today. WELCOME HOME GRADY!! Thumb up Thumb up Thumb up
BLACK COUNTRY BY BIRTH, ALBION BY THE GRACE OF GOD AND MY OLD MAN

You go in the cage? cage goes in the water, sharks in the water....Our Shark Cry

Ultrinque Paratus
Another good thing about the Grady transfer is that some of the West Ham players are throwing their toys out of the pram about it.
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54034555

All's well at the Hammers!
Button signed and Bond signed Button 2 year contract and Bond 1 year deal that’s the keeper situation sorted . Still think Krov deal close. Grant I believe will also come in in a permanent move. We could also bring in a second more experienced striker prob on loan a left back and another central midfielder with Billing of Bournemouth being mentioned. The Robinson Burke deal is still on. But after lasts nights 15 mins of Burke Wilder will prob pull the plug { Joking. }.
West Ham are refusing to match Brentford's £20m valuation of Algeria forward Said Benrahma, 25. (Telegraph). So would it be worth a punt for this player Huh

Also could Deeney be made into a c/f as he's agoal scorer, has bussle and hussle, and had defensive skills to help out - corners etc Huh
 Just a thought.
WBA World Cup P/League WINNER 2018. WBA League Cup Winner 2021.
WBA Prediction Legue WINNER 2020/21 Play off winner 23
HUDDERSFIELD FC Prediction League WINNER 2021/22/RU 23

Best author award Mystery Novels 2021 Thumb up
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »