Thread Rating:
31 Aug, 2021 Transfer Window: Championship Rebuild
Chelsea have agreed to sign Bayer Leverkusen and Germany midfielder Kai Havertz, 21, for an initial club-record fee of £72m, which will take their summer transfer spending past £200m. (Guardian).

Level playing field....
(01-09-2020, 09:45)drewks Wrote: Chelsea have agreed to sign Bayer Leverkusen and Germany midfielder Kai Havertz, 21, for an initial club-record fee of £72m, which will take their summer transfer spending past £200m. (Guardian).

Level playing field....

Very level indeed Drewks, I think 'level playing field' means level, if you are in the in crowd, I am beginning to think the quicker they all go their own way and leave real football to the clubs which play it the better. You have c**p like this going on and yet the authorities will not even force Barca to pay up the £235,000 they owe us for Barry, despite them already selling him to Villa for £1 mil. Its just all crooked and it is not even as if they try to hide it anymore. I am not sure but I am sure someone can tell me, weren't Chelsea handed a two year transfer ban in early 2019. Huh
BaggieSteve and talkSAFT like this post
Level playing field, not since Sky was invented.
I quite like a field with a slope Big Grin
Bridgenorth's Crown Meadow is a thing of beauty.
2020 the year the bubble burst  Doh
It started going downhill before Sky. It was 1983 when the big clubs pressured the FA to put an end to gate-sharing in league games, so away teams no longer got a cut of the revenue from a trip to a big ground, and that set the tone for everything that followed. No surprises that Man Utd were among the prime movers in that particular bit of chicanery.
talkSAFT likes this post
"I would rather spend a holiday in Tuscany than in the Black Country, but if I were compelled to choose between living in West Bromwich or Florence, I should make straight for West Bromwich." - J.B. Priestley
West Bromwich Albion in talks to sign Karlon Grant report sky sports.
Will like this if it happens, always Wanted him above Watkins.
harrogatebaggie likes this post
(01-09-2020, 20:00)wba13 Wrote: Will like this if it happens, always Wanted him above Watkins.

Fair comment and I would not be to upset by it, but as there would only be a couple of million between them in the fee and both would break a transfer record for us I personally would prefer Watkins. I just think watching the two of them Grant often seems lucky to have been in the right place, Watkins looks like he knows where the right place is going to be.
wba1978 likes this post
Hear what your saying Salop, and you maybe right about their offensive positioning... But, Grant scored 19 goals playing for a semi-struggling Huddersfield team respectively.

Watkins scored 26 for a Brentford team who we're set up to attack and made the play-offs.

Personally I've made no secret of my admiration for Grant since he scored 4 in 13 for Huddersfield in the Prem, so maybe I'm a bit biased...

Either way, I think Grant or Watkins would be a great signing... It looks like Grant at the moment... Hopefully Thumb up
Don't waste your money. Grant's rubbish. Whistle
wba1978 likes this post
[Image: 2ZJuVRk.gif]
all bubbling off today - Cedric Kipre -

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2020/09/02/re...-for-move/

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/foo...-diangana/

https://the72.co.uk/190084/huddersfield-...west-brom/
drewks likes this post
And West Brom agree a fee with the 'sham' for Grady Diangana of £12 mil plus add-ons which would take the deal past the £17 mil paid for Chadli, being reported in Express and Dingle. Awesome if true, we have seen what the pairing of Grady and Pereira can do and importantly it means the bigger club will not be able to throw the 10 man kitchen sink at us as they have in the past, with all that technical ability and speed just waiting to run at them if they over commit. Not getting my hopes up though, as we are talking about the Sham and I would not trust them to tell me what day it is.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »