Thread Rating:
The Off Topic Thread
Awfully common.
Amelia Chaffinch likes this post
[Image: 2ZJuVRk.gif]
Is there some context to this that we're perhaps missing...?
"I would rather spend a holiday in Tuscany than in the Black Country, but if I were compelled to choose between living in West Bromwich or Florence, I should make straight for West Bromwich." - J.B. Priestley
Just that we played them today and I thought Baggies fans would understand. Obviously not. Sorry to have bothered you.
Not all men are sexist but all men can stop sexism. CALL IT OUT!
Potty mouthed chanting. Throwing flares. Fighting with stewards.
Trouble every time they come here.
Ah, I see. Yeah, they do have that element. Thing is, aside from some periods of tension when we've been promotion or relegation rivals (notably in the early Nineties), Baggies fans and Blues fans generally get on alright with each other. Neither we or they are as utterly deluded about our importance in the scale of English football as Wolves and Villa fans are. I've had a few dicey walks through Small Heath in my time - enough to know that they've got their share of nutters - but most are pretty laid-back in my experience.
Lord Snooty likes this post
"I would rather spend a holiday in Tuscany than in the Black Country, but if I were compelled to choose between living in West Bromwich or Florence, I should make straight for West Bromwich." - J.B. Priestley
Well that's odd. Even in the bad old days we never had bother with Baggies, Wolves or Villa.
Birmingham fans however........ Sick Angry Doh
I was recently stopped going through customs with over 4,000 cigarettes.

In my defence I declared that they were for personal use.

"They better be," said the officer. "I can't see anybody else wanting them after you've had them stuffed up your arse!"

DD Sick Sick
Ubique.
(23-11-2019, 22:40)Lord Snooty Wrote: Well that's odd. Even in the bad old days we never had bother with Baggies, Wolves or Villa.
Birmingham fans however........ Sick  Angry  Doh

Lord Snooty, thanks for posting the Bonzos "The Intro and the Outro", it's years since I've heard that. A great band, "The Doughnut in Granny's Greenhouse" was such a brilliant album
Lord Snooty likes this post
Aye. You don't get proper comedy bands anymore.
BaggieSteve likes this post
(24-11-2019, 19:35)BaggieSteve Wrote:
(23-11-2019, 22:40)Lord Snooty Wrote: Well that's odd. Even in the bad old days we never had bother with Baggies, Wolves or Villa.
Birmingham fans however........ Sick  Angry  Doh

Lord Snooty, thanks for posting the Bonzos "The Intro and the Outro", it's years since I've heard that. A great band, "The Doughnut in Granny's Greenhouse" was such a brilliant album
Laugh I had that album back in about '69/70. (Showing my age). Hilarious! Saw them at Mothers same time.
BaggieSteve and Lord Snooty like this post
Start every day off with a smile and get it over with
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »