Thread Rating:
31 Aug, 2021 Transfer Window: Championship Rebuild
One major downside
In Grady Diangana’s contract, there’s a clause that allows the Hammers to recall him in January if they wish.

Given how much hype is surrounding him right now, I can’t help but think this is going to be another Harvey Barnes situation...
2x Premier League Champ 1x Championship Winner and World cup Winner
Izzy Brown on season-long loan at Luton. Will be interesting when they come to us.
I think it's been a pretty positive window overall and we have the feel good factor back.

My one worry is that we are a bit short at the back, I would've liked for us to sacrifice one of those wingers for defensive cover.

I just hope Ferguson's performance against Forest wasn't a one off and O'Shea can step up, if required, which is likely with Hegazi out and Bartley's injury record.

That said, the influx of young attacking players is a breath of fresh air. Austin could prove to be a coup if he maintains his fitness.

We have plenty of competition in midfield areas, so it'll be interesting to see if Bilic can keep everyone happy. I expect Diangana and Pereira to be knocking on the first team door with Willock possibly getting first team experience from the bench and in the cup, as his previous game time was with Benfica's B team.

Potentially exciting times.
(08-08-2019, 20:34)Baggievicar Wrote: Izzy Brown on season-long loan at Luton. Will be interesting when they come to us.

It will indeed, especially after his comment sometime ago when he was asked if he thought he would have been better staying with us for a while longer. His comment "Have you seen my car?"
Last night when I posted Gayle was a possibility was because the info I had was we had reached a agreement with Newcastle and believe it or not Gayle turned us down to stay at Newcastle !!!!
Amazing but true and the board we prepared to cough up big time fair play !!!
Interesting to see where Gayle is in January ...

Exclusive: Dwight Gayle signals desire to fight for #nufc after TWO Championship moves break down.

#wba had agreed season-long loan with £15m permanent deal - but Gayle turned it down. Stoke also made bid. Details: https://t.co/SHXNlW9D0d
2x Premier League Champ 1x Championship Winner and World cup Winner
After all the criticism he received, I think Dowling deserves a big round of applause. He’s brought in Slaven Bilic and his Croatian assistants, signed him some good young players and has made some good money from sales.

All we have to hope now is Slaven can integrate them into the squad and put together a side that can push for the play-offs.
drewks likes this post
Any thoughts on the team to face Millwall?
I think I would keep the same first 11
Subs almost the same - Brunt for Leko - Austin for Burke

The new guys getting ready for the Millwall cup game on Tuesday
2020 the year the bubble burst  Doh
(08-08-2019, 20:45)Beefy 1965 Wrote: Last night when I posted Gayle was a possibility was because the info I had was we had reached a agreement with Newcastle and believe it or not Gayle turned us down to stay at Newcastle !!!!

Exclusive: Dwight Gayle signals desire to fight for #nufc after TWO Championship moves break down.

#wba had agreed season-long loan with £15m permanent deal - but Gayle turned it down. Stoke also made bid. Details: https://t.co/SHXNlW9D0d

Several weeks ago I was told that Gayle didn't want to come back here, due to some off the field stuff.

I was hoping it was hearsay within the game, but judging by this, it was feasible.

Gutted, but happy he hasn't gone to any rival clubs. Hopefully Austin can fire in the goals. If not, hopefully Dwight has a change of heart in January. He knows how well liked he was here and loves the fans.

(08-08-2019, 21:18)Blue Baggie Wrote: Any thoughts on the team to face Millwall?
I think I would keep the same first 11
Subs almost the same - Brunt for Leko - Austin for Burke

The new guys getting ready for the Millwall cup game on Tuesday

Same XI if everyone is fit.

Bench would be...

Bond
Furlong
Brunt
Harper
Diangana
Austin
HRK

Happy with Brunt covering left back from the bench. Pereira and Willock to come in one Tuesday as they need some time in the country first. Burke and Townsend unfortunately miss out.

Diangana to come straight in and hit the ground running.
(08-08-2019, 21:58)Slick_Footwork Wrote:
(08-08-2019, 20:45)Beefy 1965 Wrote: Last night when I posted Gayle was a possibility was because the info I had was we had reached a agreement with Newcastle and believe it or not Gayle turned us down to stay at Newcastle !!!!

Several weeks ago I was told that Gayle didn't want to come back here, due to some off the field stuff.

I was hoping it was hearsay within the game, but judging by this, it was feasible.

Slick, I don't know if the off the field stuff is the same, but I know for a fact that his house was the subject of an aggravated burglary while he was away, but his wife and children were at home at the time.
I would imagine this would have tainted his desire to return and couldn't really blame him Sad
To be fair to Gayle he did not say he did not want to come, he said "he did not want to come on loan", he would have "preferred a permanent deal".
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »