Thread Rating:
31 Aug, 2021 Transfer Window: Championship Rebuild
(25-07-2019, 22:25)wba13 Wrote: Romaine sawyers on way for Friday medical according to sky sports and a London tabloid. 3millon fee agreed.

Spot on - nice to see one return to the shrine.  Thumb up Thumb up Thumb up
2020 the year the bubble burst  Doh
(25-07-2019, 22:31)Blue Baggie Wrote:
(25-07-2019, 22:25)wba13 Wrote: Romaine sawyers on way for Friday medical according to sky sports and a London tabloid. 3millon fee agreed.

Spot on - nice to see one return to the shrine.  Thumb up Thumb up Thumb up

Agreed BUT the Fat Lady is not singing yet. I'll be happy when he is through the door. IMHO we need 2 more quality players.
A striker & a Winger.
I believe we will need 4 more a winger 2 strikers and another centre half/ fullback Holgate or of that type can cover both positions. 2 more strikers as we cannot rely on Burke as a striker option better out wide . 2 or 3 of these deals would probably be loans. Want be long under 2 weeks to deadline day.
SomersetBaggie likes this post
Whatever happened to the link for the Striker Moussa Konate?. Gone very quiet on that front.
Food for thought on expensive transfers -
While I am a Gayle fan, when we think about the money involved and take a step back and look at our successful CF's over the years.
I remember a few guys Regis - Hughes - Odemwingie - Phillips none of them cost a kings ransom and all knew where the goal was.
Its for Bilic and our recruitment team to find us another couple. We don't pay them to look at proven players who we cannot afford.
Maybe the young lad Owen Windsor could be our hidden gem? I think we are getting into "it's got to be Gayle" mode.
We all know Norwich dropped lucky with Teemu Pukki, but they took a punt on him and it paid off. We don't appear to have made
a punt on anyone for a long long time now.
drewks likes this post
2020 the year the bubble burst  Doh
With the probable incoming signing of Sawyers, I wonder if Bilic is looking at solving the left midfield position with Krovinovic. He did spend time on the left wing with Benfica especially last season after his return from injury.

Something like:

Livermore
Phillips - Sawyers - Harper - Krovinović
Zohore/New ST

Harper - Livermore
Phillips - Sawyers - Krovinović
Zohore/New ST
You sound very sure about Sawyers, Josh?
He is a good player. I read that he had the second best final third passing stats in the Championship last season. We’re lacking someone like that to go along with Krovinovic.

I can’t see Albion pulling an Albion and screwing this up.
(26-07-2019, 21:37)WBA-Josh Wrote: He is a good player. I read that he had the second best final third passing stats in the Championship last season. We’re lacking someone like that to go along with Krovinovic.

I can’t see Albion pulling an Albion and screwing this up.

From what I saw of Brentford last season (which wasn't much admittedly) it seemed to me that he was doing a lot of deep lying playmaking, more an 8 than a 10. He did look impressive with his range and vision. Agree Josh, paired with Krovinovic, they could be the creative force we've been missing for so long. Thumb up

Lets just hope we can get the deal done soon!
#wba have announced the signing of Romaine Sawyers on a three-year deal with an option of a further 12 months. It coincides with the launch of their purple third kit (which was leaked online yesterday). As previously stated, fee for Sawyers is £2.9m. Photo: AMA https://t.co/men0jMEBH7
wiltshire baggie, drewks, wba1978 like this post
2x Premier League Champ 1x Championship Winner and World cup Winner
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »