Thread Rating:
31 Aug, 2021 Transfer Window: Championship Rebuild
is anyone on here feeling positive about the new season?
play offs again
or are we going to run away with it?
@Kristien 1965
(24-07-2019, 23:44)Arcane Astral Aeons Wrote: is anyone on here feeling positive about the new season?
play offs again

At the moment I think we’ll finish about 4th or 5th in the table. Sign a couple of very good players in the next week and it may go up to 3rd or higher.
(25-07-2019, 00:05)WBA-Josh Wrote:
(24-07-2019, 23:44)Arcane Astral Aeons Wrote: is anyone on here feeling positive about the new season?
play offs again

At the moment I think we’ll finish about 4th or 5th in the table. Sign a couple of very good players in the next week and it may go up to 3rd or higher.

I am not as optimistic, with the current squad I think more like mid table. If we get in a decent striker then maybe play offs. I cannot see that this year's squad is as strong as last year.
The opposition are stronger this season. IMO we are weaker in all areas. As it stands mid/lower table IMO is a reflection on our current squads capabilities.
2020 the year the bubble burst  Doh
I noticed Moussa Konate didn't feature in Amiens friendly against Hull.

I wonder if that could mean he's possibly on the way?

Maybe?  Maybe not?   Confused

Appears to have a half decent scoring record for them, so could potentially be a good signing if it comes off. Thumb up

He was in the Senegal AFCON squad though, so is still on holiday possibly?
One great thing about Hegazi's surgery is that it does, almost certainly mean he is staying, Nyom gone, so still in need of another 3 or 4.
wba1978 likes this post
(25-07-2019, 11:34)Salopbaggie Wrote: One great thing about Hegazi's surgery is that it does, almost certainly mean he is staying, Nyom gone, so still in need of another 3 or 4.

Yeah good news hopefully. Personally thought he was good, and quite consistent last season considering allot of the underwhelming performances by some of the other so called seasoned pro's. Doh

Still looks as though we're trying to get Sawyers back.  Could be good along side Livermore in a 4-2-3-1.  Might put Harper and Field back down the pecking order though? Huh
Am I the only one getting somewhat frustrated at our approach to signing Sawyers? We seem to be raising the offer in small incremental bids which is fine if we’re talking a high transfer fee but I believe it’s only about £3million. I’m not suggesting we pay over the odds for a player but, if we genuinely want this guy, stop faffing around and pay the asking price. Our usual penny pinching approach does my head in!
Blue Baggie likes this post
(25-07-2019, 12:56)BaggieSteve Wrote: Am I the only one getting somewhat frustrated at our approach to signing Sawyers? We seem to be raising the offer in small incremental bids which is fine if we’re talking a high transfer fee but I believe it’s only about £3million. I’m not suggesting we pay over the odds for a player but, if we genuinely want this guy, stop faffing around and pay the asking price. Our usual penny pinching approach does my head in!

Agreed BaggieSteve. We have ( apparently) wanted to sign him for sometime, including as i understand it last year. It's not as if we can't afford £3m.
BaggieSteve likes this post
(25-07-2019, 09:22)Blue Baggie Wrote: The opposition are stronger this season. IMO we are weaker in all areas. As it stands mid/lower table IMO is a reflection on our current squads capabilities.

I am going for 9th or 10th as it stands. I don't think there are three clubs as strong as the 3 clubs which went up last year, and the one's coming down don't look as though we should be worried about playing them. Probably Fulham being the strongest.

Blue Baggie, you think there are more teams in the league that have a better squad/manager than us. I would be interested where you rank the teams in the championship.

Still to come in:-
I think we will get another rightback/centre back yet.
Looks like we are in poll position for Sawyers, as long as we pay the money. I think we should pay if we want him, can always match it to add ons, performances, promotion in next 2 years, sell on clause!
We really need a good forward, and expect to get him from abroad.
I am expecting them to give Barry a one year contract, but I would prefer 2 younger players from level 1 or 2 aged 20 to 22 who can push the likes of Edwards, Harper, Field, Tulloch, Burke, Leko. (I have put these in an order of what I consider as to their future promise).

With those additions I put us in a play off position again this year.

Can anyone shine any light on what's happening with Morgan Rogers, still a Baggie at present as far as I know, is he having second thoughts re the move to Man City. I DO HOPE SO!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »