Thread Rating:
Jan 03: WBA 2018/19 Transfer Window
(09-08-2018, 19:14)BaggieMan Wrote: Call me fickle but....
Totally underwhelmed.
Any hope of a quick return to the Premiership is now extinguished.
I fear we will end up being a mid-table Championship outfit or even worse, for a long time.

You sound like JP !!
2x Premier League Champ 1x Championship Winner and World cup Winner
And how so many of us slagged JP off I’d have him back right now. He kept a tight purse but there was always progress during his ownership. Il say this with no amount of disrespect but Chinese owners are not the answer. Take a look at villa and blues to see how screwed up they are talk of administration. Bad business by people who like the kudos of owning an English football club but at the end of the day they are only seeing it as a business and an opportunity to dabble. There is no history background loyalty or insane fanatical desire something we have all had for our teams from the day we started supporting them in our childhood we are passionate devoted committed in victory and defeat year in year out it’s in our blood. Whatever happens this season we will laugh shout scream bemoan cheer and boo together as one for wba. Rich businessmen can simply walk away when it gets too tough and move on to other money spinning ventures. F+++ them. Big Dave is wba wba is big Dave and my biggest fear is he will get hung out to dry soon as the passion isn’t enough to drag us through the mud and the results don’t come and the man does not deserve that He does deserve our backing as real fans we owe him every ounce of passion and support we can muster. He’s going to need us and a huge slice of luck. Dare to dream COYB
drewks, SomersetBaggie, talkSAFT And 2 others like this post
(09-08-2018, 18:33)WBA-Josh Wrote: So right now our squad is the following based on how Big Dave has used them and their default positions:

GK - Johnstone, Myhill, Bond

RB - Nyom

CB - Bartley, Hegazi, Adarabioyo, Dawson

LB - Gibbs, Townsend

DM - Brunt, Barry

CM - Livermore, Harper, Field

RM - Phillips, Burke, Leko

LM - Barnes, Edwards

AM - Morrison, Chadli

ST - Rodriguez, Gayle, Robson-Kanu

With the exception of right back, I'd say that looks a strong squad for this division. Might change (either way) with the European and loan markets still open, but we haven't (yet) lost many of the key players that could have been expected to leave. Our wage bill is probably the second highest in the division and now it's time for the coaching staff to pick a balanced team and for the players to perform.
They say that ignorance is bliss - no wonder so many people are happy.
If we can’t sign a right back on loan I’d consider putting Dawson there until January. In my opinion he is more competent there than Nyom is and we’d get his aerial presence at both ends of the pitch. Of course that would come down to whether he is in the right frame of mind after what’s happened during the summer.

If we did that, we will be able to play a more fluid system. 4-2-3-1 or 4-1-4-1 out of possession and in possession Dawson tucks in to make a 3, Gibbs pushes up from left back to left wing, Phillips stays wide on the right wing and Barnes drifts into the centre to join Morrison to make a double 10. 3-4-2-1 which would get the best out of Barnes and with Phillips staying wide on the right normally anyway, the midfield could have more balance to it.
BaggieSteve likes this post
(09-08-2018, 21:51)WBA-Josh Wrote: If we can’t sign a right back on loan I’d consider putting Dawson there until January. In my opinion he is more competent there than Nyom is and we’d get his aerial presence at both ends of the pitch. Of course that would come down to whether he is in the right frame of mind after what’s happened during the summer.

If we did that, we will be able to play a more fluid system. 4-2-3-1 or 4-1-4-1 out of possession and in possession Dawson tucks in to make a 3, Gibbs pushes up from left back to left wing, Phillips stays wide on the right wing and Barnes drifts into the centre to join Morrison to make a double 10. 3-4-2-1 which would get the best out of Barnes and with Phillips staying wide on the right normally anyway, the midfield could have more balance to it.

Exactly
(09-08-2018, 18:15)Stairs Wrote: So the thread stays open in the hope that we find some inspirational loan signing.

Don't the foreign leagues stay open for a week or two more? Will that mean they can still do business with UK or not?
WBA World Cup P/League WINNER 2018. WBA League Cup Winner 2021.
WBA Prediction Legue WINNER 2020/21 Play off winner 23
HUDDERSFIELD FC Prediction League WINNER 2021/22/RU 23

Best author award Mystery Novels 2021 Thumb up
As I understand it Baggiebob all permanent deals are finished for English and Welsh clubs, though loan deals can still be done (with or without view to a permanent deal), until the end of the month.  I could have it totally wrong though Big Grin
I believe we can not sign any permanent deals but can sign loans. We can still loose players though.
Here's a thought for you guys .....

If we went back up,how on earth would we compete with the likes of the Dingles splashing the cash and Fulham I have just realised have spent wait for it over 100 million ? Huh
2x Premier League Champ 1x Championship Winner and World cup Winner
(10-08-2018, 17:46)Beefy 1965 Wrote: Here's a thought for you guys .....

If we went back up,how on earth would we compete with the likes of the Dingles splashing the cash and Fulham I have just realised have spent wait for it over 100 million ?  Huh

Easy - Get a new owner and Mendez to be our DOF
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »