Thread Rating:
Jan 03: WBA 2018/19 Transfer Window
David McGoldrick.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/f...r-14862965

6 goals in 22 matches last season.

No thanks.
Craig Dawson has handed in an official transfer request according to Sky Sports #wba
2x Premier League Champ 1x Championship Winner and World cup Winner
(03-07-2018, 18:40)Salopbaggie Wrote: So the foster deal will be confirmed tomorrow then, makes you wonder why a premiership club want Foster rather than going for Johnstone, surely it can't just be the extra 3.5 million.

He will have to go some to get a better reputation than this Johnstone

Salop, there’s only one Willie Johnston......................no E Wink
BLACK COUNTRY BY BIRTH, ALBION BY THE GRACE OF GOD AND MY OLD MAN

You go in the cage? cage goes in the water, sharks in the water....Our Shark Cry

Ultrinque Paratus
https://www.wba.co.uk/news/2018/july/fos...s-watford/

Thanks for everything Ben. Good luck at Watford.
4evaabaggie likes this post
Yeah good luck Ben you two faced Wanker !!
2x Premier League Champ 1x Championship Winner and World cup Winner
I read that club statement as......... Good riddance you money grabbing low life. Hope you get relegated. No praise at all in the sentiments...... DD Whistle Whistle
Ubique.
If Ben was 27 and signing for the dingles I would agree ..... he is 35 and has maybe two years of top flight football left ..... he has been a good servant and a great player for us .... his efforts have earned us and saved us points that have kept us in the greed league ..... even last year he was one of our better performing players ... he couldn't keep us up on his own .... yes he said he'd stay .... I don't begrudge him his twilight in the sun ....... good luck Ben enjoy the rest of your career, thanks for the memories and the great saves ... you will always be a baggie to me .....the king is dead long live the king.

Sam Johnstone ..... England's no1 ........

Come on you Baggies!
Baggiebob(BBB) and SomersetBaggie like this post
Well said, Eva. I didn't like the way he changed his mind, but we all do things like that for our families. He's been top class and our best player for 5-6 years and it would only be sour grapes if us Baggies turned against him. Let's show our players that we're a decent bunch, worth fighting for.
Start every day off with a smile and get it over with
I was very angry about this but apparently the club told him they were signing Johnstone. I can sort of see now why he’s gone However Don’t Refuse to go on a training camp!!

A real shame because he’s sullied the memories now.
BLACK COUNTRY BY BIRTH, ALBION BY THE GRACE OF GOD AND MY OLD MAN

You go in the cage? cage goes in the water, sharks in the water....Our Shark Cry

Ultrinque Paratus
I agree with Talksaft, 4Eva and WorldClass, I was delighted when Foster said he was staying and shocked when he said he wanted to leave. It was very disappointing after his earlier statement. However, we don’t know the complete story and he has always come across as a thoroughly decent bloke, so I suspect there may be more to this than has been reported. So, I would wish him all the best, I genuinely hope he does well at Watford as I believe he has been outstanding for us. The disappointment of losing him is tempered by signing a very good replacement
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »