Thread Rating:
Good news for Hibs fans
IMO the 'fans' opposition movement' at Hibs compelled the tache, in tandem with STF, to take the decisive action that eventually propelled the club towards winning the Holy Grail and restructuring Hibs FC from 'top to bottom' by appointing one of the best CEs in Scottish footie - why would Rod dismantle all the good work that has made Hibs one of the most progressive, community footie clubs in Scotland? i.e. Hibs come first and there is still a lot more work to do for Leeann and Lenny!
Petrie will end up taking over after mcrae. Petrie has got some things right for hibs,but he has also entered into some very questionable shit too, including the mcleish appointment. I wouldn't be too upset to see him move on permanently.

That press conference with mcleish was beyond awful, mcrae makes us look like complete amateurs. What head of an open,competent organisation goes around telling everyone that one of their best mates is the man for the job? Totally by chance of course, smacks of nepotism to me.

Its just such a short sighted appointment, with a guy who walked out on hibs and then openly profited from the huns illegal EBT scheme, then walked out on scotland for an EPL gig.

Its a sham.
Aye! That is another thing that came out of that media interview - the fact that the SFA is leaderless and 'root n branch' structural changes are required as well! I thought Peter Lawwell's recent bbc interview on the subject was a very good summation of the good and bad side of the SFA and it's current structure. Lawwell to be the new CEO? It won't happen because there are too many huns infesting the SFA! That is part of the problem and the McLeish appointment confirms it.
Spot on ritchiebaby, I said for years that Rod was holding us back by having a strangle hold on the club and being the sole arbiter on who stays and who goes. He made some howlers but the biggest to my mind was when he didn`t move to sign Leigh Griffiths.
Luckily we can now look forward since Leeann took over from him.
The Leigh Griffiths conundrum goes farther back than Rod's possible blame in not signing him. I remember a young Sparky coming on as a sub for Hutchy Vale v Spartans U15s with Spartans 3-0 ahead - he scored a 'hat trick' within 20 mins and I was not a Hibs scout but my recognition of an unusual footie talent immediately 'sparked into life'! This lad was a staunch Hibs fan, not picked up by any Hibs scout and eventually grabbed by Livingston - a total disgrace and, if I could 'go back in time', I would have contacted an appropriate Hibs scout myself and instructed him to monitor Sparky's performances and come to the same conclusion as I did at that time when I was involved with Spartans!!
We certainly blew that one 0762 and it makes you wonder how many more youngsters Hibs lost out on because of the inaction or lack of interest by our scouting team. Our fans deserve better than that, we have come a long way in the last few years Easter Road was not a happy place to be in 2008-2012 seasons.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »