Thread Rating:
Good news for Hibs fans
Earlier today Leeann Dempster ruled herself out of the search for a new CEO to replace Reagan at the SPFL and now it's been announced that Alex McLeish is to be reappointed as the Scotland football manager.
That news must come as a great relief to those of us Hibs fans who were convinced that we would lose one OR both of our top team to the SFA. We can look forward with confidence and the satisfaction that our team is in very good hands.
hfcbounce and 0762 like this post
Agree 100% Wattie fantastic news for HFC I've said it before and I will say it again leanne Dempster has turned our club around massively.
Firstly she backed Alan Stubbs and now she has backed Neil Lennon she's got the fans back on side breaking season tickets sales delivering the scottish cup and more importantly saying today she's got unfinished business at Easter Rd.

I look forward to more good times at Easter Rd under her leadership at HFC

GGTTH
Great news but no surprise as I've a fair idea why that was always gonna be the case even though the Scottish sports media had rated Leeann as the clear favourite! 'Job satisfaction' are two key words that were paramount in her making that announcement.
Perhaps no great surprise but if the SFA had offered Lenny the kind of money quoted for McLeish it would have been difficult for him to turn down. Lucky for us that their heads are up their a##es, and they couldn`t pick flowers.
0762 likes this post
McLeish saying today that he is the 'right man for the job' in his formal introduction to the media 1Wattie! Only time will tell but I think this was a case of 'geez a job, I can do that' Yosser style eh lol! I hope I'm wrong but my gut tells me that is a fairly accurate assessment of this scenario!
That interview was total cringe - boasting about his time in england where he got 2 teams relegated. Laugh

To have somebody who runs Cove Rangers so heavily involved in appointing the national manager (and one of his close mates) is a joke. Refusing to ask any questions on the process afterwards stinks of a 'made in the lodge' type decision making.

We'd have been better keeping strachan.
Time will tell but McLeish dumped us when he was offered the Rangers job. There`s nothing to say he wouldn`t do the same again if it happened again. I suppose we must back him and hope he has the sense to look around and see the young talent around at the moment. He could get a decent team from the SPFL and give them a chance in the friendlies arranged for May.
Rod would be involved in the decision as well. The question is did he do it to keep Lennon at Hibs Thumb up or because he really thought McLeish deserved the job? Doh
Cabbage is still good for you
Not lost on me at all ritchie,rod certainly has a lot to answer for. He's a shifty character in my view.

No way would lennon be considered for that job.
ritchiebaby likes this post
He held back Hibs for years in my opinion. Now he seems bent on holding back Scotland. One of the "blazers".
Cabbage is still good for you
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »