Thread Rating:
Hibs v Falkirk, Sat 25 March, KO 3.00pm
Wasn't vintage but a crucial 3 points with morton surprisingly losing at home. Other than the first 20 mins i don't think we played particularly well. Falkirk kicked everything that moved in a green shirt....clancy was xxxx awful.

Dylan was our best player,hopefully he is ok for midweek. Win that game against morton and the title is ours. Jordon had an absolute mare though,driving our manager bonkers on the touchline Laugh

efe's goal celebration was something else.

Lennon celebrating the winning goal in front of the falkirk fans was magic too Laugh Laugh Roon ye houston ya pink faced dick.
ritchiebaby, hfcbounce, 0762 like this post
Brilliant finish, considering we used to lose tight games at the death. Big bonus with Morton losing to stretch our lead. Looking forward to laughing at Houston's moans.
hfcbounce likes this post
Cabbage is still good for you
That falkirk side are full of hackers, the most cynical side in the league. You need a strong ref in these games and clancy was a total joke.

No surprise at all a couple of our players picked up injuries,how falkirk managed to finish the game with 11 is anyones guess.
HerefordBull likes this post
Not even gonna get upset about the ref who for me lost the battle wi Falkirk from the first minute when fatty Baird went right through the hibs player and done nothing about it as everyone has said they kicked all over the park how McCracken stayed on the park is really odd.

But wee Keats has put a massive smile o content all over my face with that strike TOP DRAWER Keats.

GGTTH
I previously commented that insipid refs like Clancy are an absolute danger to the physical well being of players and this match epitomised that view from literally the start of the game onwards! It says a lot for the tolerance of certain Hibs players TBF as I could see many an offended player giving 'nut jobs' like Baird a set of knuckles to play with in the tunnel at the end of the match as full retribution cause this kinda ref aint gonna apply any real protection and shouldn't be practising at this level!! I've come to the conclusion a long time ago that the rule re persistent fouling is not being applied by some SFA refs and I don't know why!!! I've applied it in years gone by and it goes like this for me - on about the second or third notable offence I'd normally run alongside the offending player and tell him in no uncertain terms to cut it out or the action will be a yellow or a red card! Most times that was enough to force a player to get on with the game without fouling.
Referee for Saturday is Kevin Clancy, any thoughts gents?
[/quote]

Cathro's laptop? Any thoughts ?
[/quote]

And your point of that question is what?. I asked a sensible question about thoughts of a match referee and get that as a response. Sad. FYI, the laptop is just fine thanks
Aye,you weren't trying to stir it. Laugh

FYI the laptop needs a re-boot.

(25-03-2017, 20:19)0762 Wrote: A huge win today and well deserved in a game in which I gave up counting Falkirk fouls after 20!! And what a cracking goal by Keatings to win this match! 10 pts ahead of Falkirk and Morton + superior GD - deeeelighted as well as being chuffed that Hanlon came off the subs' bench to finish this match (where does that place Efe's status with Hibs?). Fingers crossed these latest injuries are minor ones.

GGTTH

Ambrose is here to the end of the season whatever. But we have options if hanlon has made a full recovery now,none of these options can involve jordon as he just isn't good enough with the ball. We can go to a back 3,or continue to use efe at RB. Its all good.

Thought ambrose was one of our best players again yesterday. He has a languid style that makes people nervous but he's a decent footballer alright.
Aye Jim! Lenny 'tearing his hair oot' re Jordon's hoof baw style of footie! Back to the EMTC for a 'going over' on how he's expected to play! Re Efe - IMO well managed by Lenny who knows how to get the best out of him! Thumb up
[quote='hibeejim21' pid='111745' dateline='1490512977']
Aye,you weren't trying to stir it.  Laugh

Sorry to disappoint you Jimbo but defo not trying to stir it. It was an honest question, based on the amount of slagging Scottish refs get, particularly on here. But heyho, probably best if I just leave you guys ( all six of you ) to get on with yer forum. Enjoyed some of it but that's it for now. Ta ta
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »