Thread Rating:
Morton v Hibs - 02/02/16
FT, a 0-1 Hibs win! Thumb up Thumb up  As ritchiebaby commented - any win does it for us and this was a close but comfortable win for Hibs with no direct shots on Hibs goal by any Morton player! Should've been 0-2 had it not been for a magnificent save by the Morton goalie from a Keatings header! It's been a good night - five pts ahead of Falkirk with a game in hand and the unbeaten run continues!! Thumb up  Roll on to Tynecastle to face the 12 men of Hearts, ref Craig Thompson and all! Cool
ritchiebaby likes this post
Stokesssyyyyyyyy!!!!!!   2 goals from 2 already.

After a hard game at weekend all that mattered was getting the points. 5 clear of falkirk and a game in hand. Win that and we are still in with a shout for the title.

Meanwhile raith rovers manager furious about a goal disallowed for them the night. Shockaroony.  Thumb down
It was miles offside but i suppose that's not the issue.
(03-02-2016, 09:00)supercooper Wrote: It was miles offside but i suppose that's not the issue.
raith had a perfectly good goal disallowed but i dinnae suppose thats an issue either ,is it ? GGTTH
The goal wasn't disallowed for offside,I guess that's not an issue either.
0762 likes this post
I remember a previous Gers game at Shielfield Pk, played well over a year ago, when at 0-0 Berwick Rangers had a corner on Rangers left. Corner taken and the a Berwick defender scored with a free header. Suddenly the ref had disallowed the goal for some reason! It was televised on Sky Sport and the commentators quickly analysed it, thinking there was a push or some logical reason why this ref disallowed the goal - nobody touched anybody else and the goal was good and there was utter silence in the SS studio until the main commentator finally piped up, 'There was nothing wrong with that goal, I'm baffled'!! Come to your own conclusion re that one as well!
One of the worst incidents of all time in Scottish footie was in approx. 1986, again a Rangers match and this time v Dundee Utd at Tannadice, when an on fire tangerine team scored 3 x disallowed goals (offside) and every one of these goals was shown on bbc sport to be onside. The referee, a guy named K O'Donnell, was discreetly removed from the SFA list within a fortnight following this match. Come to your own conclusions re that incident as well!! It's about how football leagues can be won, particularly when it can become a tight end to the season!!! Thumb down
Mckinnon should ask for some respectful clarification.

“I can’t believe he never gave us that goal, it’s outrageous,” the Raith boss stated. “ I’m serious, a poor, poor decision from him and it cost us tonight."
(03-02-2016, 13:29)hibeejim21 Wrote: Mckinnon should ask for some respectful clarification.

“I can’t believe he never gave us that goal, it’s outrageous,” the Raith boss stated. “ I’m serious, a poor, poor decision from him and it cost us tonight."

Cost Hibs also Jim   Confused

Great result last night and glad to see we are hanging on to sevco's shirt tails.
"FOREVER UNITED"
(03-02-2016, 12:04)hibeejim21 Wrote: The goal wasn't disallowed for offside,I guess that's not an issue either.

No it's not an issue, but the boy was offside regardless of the nudge on Sheils i missed.
Thumb up
Watched it several times but not from the best camera angle and it looked like the rangers centreback was playing him on.....however there was a foul in the build up so a correct decision to disallow the goal.

Look on Raith TV and stop it at 7.27, the moment the Raith player heads it forward towards the striker.
"FOREVER UNITED"
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »