Thread Rating:
Morton v Hibs - 02/02/16
It's quickly back to the Championship bread and butter games on Tuesday night against a Morton side who were putting together a nice little run up to the middle of December. Since then they have lost their last three games and our aim is simple - to make sure they lose once again. This could be a tricky little game and 3 points with as little hassle as possible will do for me.

I expect two or three changes for this one with the big, Big Cup game coming up next weekend. Stokes might only make the bench, with Dagnall and Cummings, who I think relishes playing all the time, on from the start. I'd be inclined to give our star player, John McGinn, an hour and a bit on the bench as well, with possibly Boyle in the starting line-up.
Cabbage is still good for you
One thing is certain, with Rangers going so well, all games are now a must win. Fans talk about games in hand but I would always prefer to have played the games and have the points on the board.

I'd still start with what is considered our strongest side and see how the game develops .......as you say Ritchie this is a tricky game but 3 points are a priority if we still have serious ideas about winning the league.

'mon Hibs

GGTTH
"FOREVER UNITED"
I want to see Stubbsy rotate players as Saturday's semi-final was quite a strenuous affair v a fairly physical Saints' team. For example, John McGinn picked up a couple of really sore kicks to shin/ankle but managed to drag himself up off the deck to fight the fight to ensure Hibs are playing in a cup final on 13 March!! Guys like Stokesy, Gunnarson, McGregor, Virtanen, Keatings, Thomson are all waiting for their chance to excel and why not? That's why they are in the Hibs 1st team squad fighting for places! I watched part of the Morton game v Rangers and the Govan club came out of that match fairly well but with a very fortuitous deflected 1st goal that set up their eventual win. The Morton lads gave them a good game and I must say, Hibs are a better side than Morton but I fear the draw. Please field Stokesy on Tuesday night Stubbsy!!! Try to ensure he is fit because I reckon he'll score goals alongside Cummings!
Yeah i would start stokes in this one,although i thought dagnell did quite well at the weekend. We are going to have to freshen it up a bit with the cup game coming up too so i think you are right in that changes will be made.

I thought morton caused the tribute act a few problems in their game and i'm expecting it to be tough. Any kind of win will do.

Looks like we are also trying to get young scougall in from sheff utd on loan before the window closes.
Dagnall's only fault hibeejim - not thumping the baw in the pokey at least once in that semi-final after two breathtaking two touch moves that ripped through saints defence!!
The goals will come for him mate,I think he has done well since coming in.
I agree Jim....he shows sign of being a very good player for us.
"FOREVER UNITED"
every game now is a must win, i wid start wi' as strong a side as possible, as important as sundays game is i think winning league games is even more so. GGTTH
likes this post
I didn't realise Rangers are playing their revised match tonight v Raith Rovers in Kirckaldy. So it's very important that we win our match v Morton. There's also 'pay at the gate' for anybody who still fancies attending this match - I think there will be a big support tonight, prob bolstered by quite a few Hoops' fans as well!
Sure enough - Stubbsy rotates and makes four changes tonight - Stokesy and Keatings paired together and Gunnarson and McGregor slot in to the back four. C'mon Hibs, c'mon Stokesy and score a 'hat trick'!
11 mins - Fonts already off injured, Hanlon subs him! A 3 mins delay - I hope it's not a bad injury!
48 mins - GOOOOAAAAAALLLLLL!!!!! Stokesy does the biz!!! Thumb up Set up by super John McGinn!! Thumb up Now Morton have to 'come out of their shell'!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »