Thread Rating:
Livingston v Hibs - 19/09/15
Thats 4 games now we haven't conceded. A sign of progress from last year where we shipped an amazing amount of daft goals early in the season. Today was exactly the type of game we would have dropped points in. This hibs team is gradually learning how to grind out results.
0762 and ritchiebaby like this post
No' been up yet this season's 1st game will be the huns, but the reports I've read on here and on the bounce seem tae the suggest We're heading in the right direction. We're obviously no' gonnae get the help fae refs the huns are getting but I'm still taking is tae finish top
Grind out is prob the best way to describe it hibeejim. We all no well hibs can play today was a potential banana skin but we came through it.

Wedensday is our benchmark its a massive ask their on fire just now but we are at home hopefully with a big crowd there we can give them a game
Yep! A good point but I still wish our strikers would start taking the good scoring chances that come their way and do their jobs properly. Jason Cummings even missed a point blank chance that the Livi goalie somehow managed to read - that incident epitomised some of the bizarre goal attempts of last season where our strikers kept giving an opposition goalie a sniff at saving a goal bound shot rather than giving the guy no chance of saving the shot. Our current GD is just 5 goals, the same as Falkirk's GD - it has to be much better in the coming months! Here's hoping for such an improvement or it's gonna be a long season for us.
ritchiebaby likes this post
I really wouldny worry too much about the aberdeen game,it will take care of it's self. I'm not expecting us to progress even if they rest a number of key players.

We now have to face several tough games (queens,st mirren,dumbarton,falkirk,raith) before rangers. This will be the acid test for stubbsys team i think.
I agree hibeejim it's a tough run o games but games I feel we can win. Henderson McGinn McGeouch and Bartley playing just behind them mopping up we are starting to look really solid the defence is starting to do their job keeping clean sheets everything looks good if the strikers hit form and we scud a team by 3 or 4 I'm sure we will step up the goal tally soon

GGTTH
Just watching our midweek opponents dismantle our neighbours with ease. They look a decent side right enough but hertz defence has been giving them plenty of help.
We are so soft at the back Jim caught on the counter fir the three goals,Neilsen needs a slap to wake him up
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »