Thread Rating:
Livingston v Hibs - 19/09/15
Hibs travel to Almondvale on Saturday, trying to build on a very good display and a very good result against Alloa last weekend.

Livingston have only had moderate success so far in the Championship, finishing 6th and 8th in the last two seasons. This year looks like being just as difficult, as they sit at the bottom of the table with only 1 point from 6 games and a goal difference of -10. They've lost 7 goals already this month and I hope that Hibs will get that statistic into double figures by Saturday night. The Lions feel they gave a decent performance at Ibrox last week and Darren Jamieson had a good game in goals. This has the potential to be a banana-skin game and who could forget Hippolyte's stunning volley against us last season.

We need to be really up for this game and dominate their defence to give ourselves plenty of chances. Another performance like last week's should be good enough to get an early grip on the game and there should also be a massive away support for this one. Now that the team have found their scoring boots, they will want to carry on. Given the start we've made, I'd be loathe to tinker with the defence, leaving Forster and perhaps Eckersley on the bench. The midfield virtually picks itself and we have plenty of options in attack. Feruz has already managed to get his Hibs career off to a bad start, making the news for all the wrong reasons, but I'd give him a place in the starting line-up to redeem himself. Presumably Keatings will miss this game as a precaution and he should rightly be allowed to fully recover for the Aberdeen match next week. Now that Alan Stubbs has finally managed to master putting all 3 subs on with more than 15 minutes to go, I'm more than happy to give him the following selection.

Oxley,
Gray, Hanlon, Fontaine, Stevenson,
Fyvie, McGinn, McGeouch, Henderson,
Cummings, Feruz.

Subs - Bartley, Boyle, Malonga (for another mazy run and goal!)  
Cabbage is still good for you
It's disappointing to hear that Keatings is down with another injury but at least it's not too serious this time. I'd rather see Martin Boyle start v Livy mainly because he played quite well against The Lions last season. It would also be great to see Anier and El Alagui challenging for the striking positions asap.
I'm not surprised keatings is injured fortunately not seriously though,personally i think stubbs has tried to push him back too quickly which is understandable i suppose considering how light on options we were. He will surely sit it out completely v livi.

No way would i play fyvie or start with feruz for this one,i actually think bartley is a good option for us at the moment sitting in and letting our creative players play. Livi can be stuffy opponents so patience is once again going to be key.
Same team as last week for me we done everything in a positive manner.as hibeejim says its gonna be another 11 men behind the ball for them.

Another 3 points in the bag will be brilliant keep the run going we need wins to keep pressure on rangers simples

C'mon the Hibees

GGTTH
Agree with jim and wouldn't start with fyviè but keep Bartley in to break up Livis play and sit in front of the back 4.

'Mon the Hibs

GGTTH
"FOREVER UNITED"
(17-09-2015, 20:06)exeterhibby Wrote: Agree with jim and wouldn't start with fyviè but keep Bartley in to break up Livis play and sit in front of the back 4.

'Mon the Hibs

GGTTH

Fyvie ruled out of Livi game guys with injury from cup tie big Bartley is the man 

GGTTH 
The committee team is now:-

Oxley,
Gray, Hanlon, Fontaine, Stevenson,
Bartley,
McGinn, McGeouch, Henderson,
Cummings, Boyle.

It looks good to me and, if it works, it's maybe the way forward. An e-mail to Alan Stubbs is beckoning. Thumb up

GGTTH
Cabbage is still good for you
For what it's worth, Eckersley offers plenty at left back. Why not give him a chance against easy opposition and push Stevenson forward to left mid. Wish Eckersley was still at Hearts tbh. 3-0'win Hibs IMO.
HHGH
(18-09-2015, 00:13)TIN TIN Wrote: For what it's worth, Eckersley offers plenty at left back. Why not give him a chance against easy opposition and push Stevenson forward to left mid. Wish Eckersley was still at Hearts tbh. 3-0'win Hibs IMO.

Tin tin Eckersley carrying a slight injury it will be maybe another week or so on the sidelines according to hibs pages. But I agree I think he will do a job for us. 
A bit worrying he's going to the states in January 
He's a good player Bounce we messed up letting him go
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »