Thread Rating:
Dumbarton v Hibs - 08/08/15
(08-08-2015, 18:53)exeterhibby Wrote: Early days but sounds like the same scenario as last year. Loads of pressure but that doesn't win games, points or Championships.   Doh

What we cannot afford is to allow a team to run away with the league as Hearts did last year. As Fred says "time to step up"    Thumb up

GGTTH

ps agree about Oxley 0762! ....also how can a team acquire so many players and not field 90% of them in pre season and the first proper games. Injuries do happen but so many without even kicking a ball in anger????

We've got another manager who is an ex-defender and a decent one at that and yet he seems to be oblivious to what needs to be done to improve Hibs defence! Also I can't figure why Hibs have kept mum about a lotta newly signed players who look like they have never arrived at Easter Road Stadium - absolutely baffling and the lack of transparency re this issue on the club's web site is glaring (unless I missed Stubbs statement when I was on holiday). 
Defo not time time to panic lads but poor result only one game in but you have a different rangers side from last season to fear.
(08-08-2015, 19:13)St Charles Owl Wrote:
(08-08-2015, 18:59)hfcbounce Wrote: Cmon guys we've only played one game no need to panic it was always gonna be a hard game today. I agree wi 0-7 fans should be kept updated with injuries to players but at the end o the day nothing to worry about.

Ggtth

Problem is by keeping the fans up to date with injuries you also keep the opposition up to date as well.  Always better to keep them in the dark as to who you are going to be putting on the field.
Sco the league is so small that every team no more or less what team they will face week in week out squads are so small for the majority o teams 

(08-08-2015, 19:15)Fredstersafool Wrote: Defo not time time to panic lads but poor result only one game in but you have a different rangers side from last season to fear.

Agree Fred there's no need to panic look at the start we had last season and still finished in front o rangers. 
Yes there a different squad from last season maybe a bit more organised but never seen to much to worry about last night. 

GGTTH 
(08-08-2015, 19:40)hfcbounce Wrote:
(08-08-2015, 18:59)hfcbounce Wrote: Cmon guys we've only played one game no need to panic it was always gonna be a hard game today. I agree wi 0-7 fans should be kept updated with injuries to players but at the end o the day nothing to worry about.

Ggtth

Problem is by keeping the fans up to date with injuries you also keep the opposition up to date as well.  Always better to keep them in the dark as to who you are going to be putting on the field.
Sco the league is so small that every team no more or less what team they will face week in week out squads are so small for the majority o teams 

Yes that is a factor but conversely it possibly makes it even more important to keep injuries quiet as smaller squads means starting 11 players being out will provide a true weak link with the "inferior" player being brought in and any decent opposition will target that player if they know he is playing.  I understand the frustration and desire for transparency but I think you have to trust that Stubbs is picking the best 11 he has available to him.
(08-08-2015, 19:53)St Charles Owl Wrote:
(08-08-2015, 19:40)hfcbounce Wrote:

Ggtth

Yes that is a factor but conversely it possibly makes it even more important to keep injuries quiet as smaller squads means starting 11 players being out will provide a true weak link with the "inferior" player being brought in and any decent opposition will target that player if they know he is playing.  I understand the frustration and desire for transparency but I think you have to trust that Stubbs is picking the best 11 he has available to him.
Sco I take your point mate and yes I trust Alan Stubbs 100% with his team selection to field the strongest team.

But as you no footsie fans have their own opinion about team selection that should be made
Of course, we all know better than the manager most days!!!
And when the manager does not know any better Saint Charles Owl then he falls on his sword as we've seen in months and years gone by. Incidentally, I reckon the last time Hibs lost to Dumbarton, Pat Stanton resigned as manager of Hibs FC. But this won't likely happen to Alan Stubbs as he's just extended his contract and times and standards have changed!!! I'd acknowledge the manager's limitations due to injuries, player availability, poor form etc but there's also another debate developing in Hibs circles re the feared dressing room split that has arisen due to the Scott Allan affair and how Stubbs should manage that. That split appears to have spread among factions of Hibs fans and reported fights breaking out between Hibs fans at Dumbarton are not required TBH. But I can understand why it's happening because of the divided opinion re Allan and his comments and what the club should be doing about it. I'm sure it's a minority issue but the Allan fiasco itself has certainly polarised supporters' attitudes and opinions. I don't see that changing in the near future unless Hibs get rid but IMO such a move will likely open up another can of worms - something that Hibs, and the loyal fans who support them, can really do without and we'd rather just get on with trying to play well and have a good go at winning the Championship.
If our new players have a lot of injuries (a wee bit worrying in my opinion), then Alan Stubbs' hands are tied with team selection. Today he actually used all 3 substitutes, so that's a plus, but, as has already been stated, the statistics prove that we are no further forward in scoring the number of goals our play warrants. We were ahead of Dumbarton in every statistic, except the one that matters.

As far as the end of the season table is concerned, there's nothing to worry about. We gave Rangers a good head start last year and still overhauled them comfortably. Let's do the same again.

GGTTH
hfcbounce likes this post
Cabbage is still good for you
We didn't have a dressing room split last season and that's bad news if recent revelations are true. Unity to a common cause, within the team and the fans, is key to having a successful football season. If that team unity is fragmented then our season is already over before it started and it'll take a very strong manager to control such a situation!! I am definitely concerned re recent critical debate feeding through Hibs circles and pray the insinuations are nothing but unsubstantiated rumour. However, certain Hibs players' critical tweets generally convey a bit more info than mere rumour!
0762, let's hope that the rumour isn't true. I know what you mean, but I don't care if some of them don't like the rest of them. They are all there to earn their wages by doing the best they can as a team for Hibs. If they can't manage that, then I'll have to go in and bang their heads together. Angry

In my workplace, I don't get on well with everybody, and in fact there are one or two I don't particularly like, but it doesn't stop us working together for the benefit of the firm.
0762 likes this post
Cabbage is still good for you
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »