Thread Rating:
Dumbarton v Hibs - 08/08/15
Hibs start their 2015/16 Championship campaign with an away game against Dumbarton at 3pm on Saturday. The Sons play at the Cheaper Insurance Direct Stadium next to the iconic Dumbarton Rock and are the fourth oldest club in Scotland.

They have made numerous signings recently with the most notable ones being Darren Barr and Jon Routledge, along with ex-Hibby Mark Brown. Ex-Hibs youth players Scott Taggart and Gordon Smith might also feature in this match. Manager Stevie Aitken is rightly positive about the coming season, but his team will need to have much more consistency to keep well out of the battle at the bottom.

Hibs fans still have to see some of their new signings play for the club, so the starting team will be difficult to predict. If there is no change in the match fitness of the missing players, I'd plump for the following players to get us off to a good start in the campaign:-

Reguero,
Gray, Hanlon, Fontaine, Stevenson,
Fyvie, Bartley, Scott Allan, Harris,
Cummings, Martin.

Subs - Stanton, Lewis Allan, Sinclair.
Cabbage is still good for you
Is mcginn not fit for this one?
Hibernian
  • 01 Oxley
  • 02 Gray
  • 04 Hanlon
  • 05 Fontaine
  • 16 Stevenson
  • 06 Bartley
  • 08 Fyvie
  • 10 Allan
  • 48 Martin
  • 07 Malonga
  • 35 Cummings
Substitutes
  • 11 Stanton
  • 17 Boyle
  • 18 McGinn
  • 21 Carmichael
  • 31 Reguero
  • 33 Harris
  • 42 Dunsmore

Not the best start for Hibs (master of understatement, that's me). Stevie Aitken's first signing, Gregor Buchanan, scores for The Sons after 3 minutes.

Hibs equalise after 14 minutes through Dominique Malonga.
Hibs fall behind again as Willie Gibson scores from a free-kick.

Final Score - Dumbarton 2 Hibs 1. We managed to get 10 points from Dumbarton last season, but it'll not be happening this one. Sounds like the same old story as far as the game goes.
Awful start, but it wasn't that great last season but once you got moving you were able to string good results together. The only way is up from this one!!!
Poor result only one game but already time to step up
likes this post
(08-08-2015, 17:22)ritchiebaby Wrote: Hibs fall behind again as Willie Gibson scores from a free-kick.

Final Score - Dumbarton 2 Hibs 1. We managed to get 10 points from Dumbarton last season, but it'll not be happening this one. Sounds like the same old story as far as the game goes.

Stubbs fielded Oxley in goal and Paul Hanlon from the KO - he must be observing different Hibs games than most Hibs fans as this pair should not be anywhere near our current line up because their form is shit and their decision-making is shit! He deserved that defeat if he's gonna gamble with players who do not inspire most Hibs fans!!! Also I'd like the manager to come clean and give Hibs fans a full update on the playing status of all Hibs missing players who would normally be in Hibs 1st team listing. Are we experiencing a huge injury crisis or what and that poor state of Hibs playing resource has been apparent before the season even started when we were playing friendly matches! Stubbs has no plan B because he has not got the adequate players in his squad who have the ability to change a game in the way that it can be done in this shit league!!! What a shocker of a result in the 1st game of the Championship when there should be no problem in motivating players to perform properly in a game we expected to win comfortably although I must say I didn't expect any comfortable result based on Stubbs' team formations for the past three matches prior to this one - my concern was fully justified after listening to the post match report.
Early days but sounds like the same scenario as last year. Loads of pressure but that doesn't win games, points or Championships.   Doh

What we cannot afford is to allow a team to run away with the league as Hearts did last year. As Fred says "time to step up"    Thumb up

GGTTH

ps agree about Oxley 0762! ....also how can a team acquire so many players and not field 90% of them in pre season and the first proper games. Injuries do happen but so many without even kicking a ball in anger????
"FOREVER UNITED"
Cmon guys we've only played one game no need to panic it was always gonna be a hard game today. I agree wi 0-7 fans should be kept updated with injuries to players but at the end o the day nothing to worry about.

Ggtth
(08-08-2015, 18:59)hfcbounce Wrote: Cmon guys we've only played one game no need to panic it was always gonna be a hard game today. I agree wi 0-7 fans should be kept updated with injuries to players but at the end o the day nothing to worry about.

Ggtth

Problem is by keeping the fans up to date with injuries you also keep the opposition up to date as well.  Always better to keep them in the dark as to who you are going to be putting on the field.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »