Sports Babble - sports forum
Hibs FC and coronavirus - our Chairman's statement! - Printable Version

+- Sports Babble - sports forum (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Football (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Scottish Football League (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+---- Forum: Scottish Premiership (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+----- Forum: Hibernian (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=137)
+----- Thread: Hibs FC and coronavirus - our Chairman's statement! (/showthread.php?tid=9369)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: Hibs FC and coronavirus - our Chairman's statement! - 0762 - 11-05-2020

IMO the "silent majority" will finally "slap them down" tomorrow and about time too!
Meanwhile the Pars' Chairman suddenly coming out into this debate and slamming into ICT and its biased and outspoken ex Hertz employee who is clearly another shit stirrer in a "nest of vipers" that has done nothing for the good of the Scottish game. The farce continues regardless eh! Rolleyes
https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/sport/18440459.dunfermline-chairman-ross-mcarthur-hits-back-inverness-following-bullying-threats-claims/

RE: Hibs FC and coronavirus - our Chairman's statement! - hibeejim21 - 12-05-2020

"This resolution would effectively have the same consequence as a “null and void” conclusion to the league season, but the SPFL central distribution monies would still be provided to clubs on their current standing. This was not going to be acceptable to Dunfermline Athletic, Alloa Athletic, Greenock Morton, Queen of the South and Arbroath. "

Those hun bastards were trying to force a 'null and void' league through on the sly and still get the cash for finishing 2nd. Shameless. No wonder they have gone for the crash and burn route now thats been foiled. Once tomorrows vote is done these bastards need their baws toed firmly.

Note also Brechins statement this evening : They appear to have evidence the dossier is a pile of pish, and more importantly, an entire division willing to vouch for them.

RE: Hibs FC and coronavirus - our Chairman's statement! - hibeejim21 - 12-05-2020

Couple of journalists today seem to have finally twigged what's been going on with Gardiner. He's been acting on sevcos behalf while CEO of ICT. 'null and void' makes no sense to either club, it would expose the SPFL to huge liabilities, a lot more than 10 million. The huns no doubt don't care about any further debt as long as they stop Celtic but what's ICTs motivation ?

Exactly......So it can only be to drive a personal agenda, not for 'the good of the game'. Gardiner has been feeding English his lines clearly.

Sevco's Resolution vote for an investigation failed. Overwhelmingly so.

Now we need to move swiftly to end season, the SPFL needs to to just say 'see you in court' if sevco and hertz want to drag this out. A democratic vote has taken place and its time for that to be respected. If the clubs want to get shot of Doncaster and co it can be revisited at a later date.

RE: Hibs FC and coronavirus - our Chairman's statement! - 0762 - 12-05-2020

As expected! I believe Hertz intentions of following a legal challenge have suddenly "cooled" and I suspect they realise that they would be needlessly "throwing lotsa precious bank notes into the fire" after considering that Sevco's previous legal challenge all those years ago failed because the SPFL rules n regs are more "watertight" in this respect than many people perceive them to be.

RE: Hibs FC and coronavirus - our Chairman's statement! - BouncingHibees - 12-05-2020

(12-05-2020, 16:57)hibeejim21 Wrote: Sevco's Resolution vote for an investigation failed. Overwhelmingly so.

Now we need to move swiftly to end season, the SPFL needs to to just say 'see you in court' if sevco and hertz want to drag this out. A democratic vote has taken place and its time for that to be respected. If the clubs want to get shot of Doncaster and co it can be revisited at a later date.

They’d fail in any court case and I think by Rangers statement we can see they don’t have any intention in court cases and I think if Hearts are relegated any legal attempt would be futile as they’d be fighting both UEFA and SPFL rules which are pretty water right, any court case just now would drag long into next months and by that time I’d imagine it would be too late for Hearts anyway.

(12-05-2020, 19:18)BouncingHibees Wrote:
(12-05-2020, 16:57)hibeejim21 Wrote: Sevco's Resolution vote for an investigation failed. Overwhelmingly so.

They’d fail in any court case and I think by Rangers statement we can see they don’t have any intention in court cases and I think if Hearts are relegated any legal attempt would be futile as they’d be fighting both UEFA and SPFL rules which are pretty water right, any court case just now would drag long into next months and by that time I’d imagine it would be too late for Hearts anyway.

Their statement reeks of taking a 'dignified' surrender or get sued by Mckenzie and Doncaster AND severely sanctioned on disrepute charges.

In other words 'xxxx up or get battered.

Once this crisis is over if the clubs feel the SPFLs procedures and operations should be looked at I think Hibs should support that. But not now FFS, and certainly not because they don't like Timmy winning.

RE: Hibs FC and coronavirus - our Chairman's statement! - hibeejim21 - 13-05-2020

So now Morton chief and ex Rangers player Dave McKinnon has made it clear that Scott Gardiner was working with Hertz and Sevco on a new resolution to void the season. That ends any of the pish the huns were spouting about 'good of the game' etc, as if anyone would take them and hertz seriously on the topic of good governance anyway.

Now those federation of hertz fans are howling at the moon about being stabbed in the back - listen muppets, Hibs voted against their own interests here - every chance we would have finished top 6 going by the fixtures and we are losing money with the derbies. But we voted for the long term good of ALL the league.

RE: Hibs FC and coronavirus - our Chairman's statement! - hibeejim21 - 14-05-2020

Just an aside - ALL 12 SPFL clubs voted on Friday that the season could not be played out (that was kept quiet) So we go to UEFA in 10 days and move on, I suspect the other leagues that don't have massive TV deals will be doing the same.

RE: Hibs FC and coronavirus - our Chairman's statement! - hibeejim21 - 15-05-2020

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52667320

Looks like the SPFL are actively exploring the 'hub' idea to get the new season going. It seems a bit unlikely tbh.