Thread Rating:
Hibs FC and coronavirus - our Chairman's statement!
Ron Gordon finally issuing his own take re the COVID-19 crisis and how it is affecting HFC and the relative footie community. One significant part of the Chairman's statement saying, "There are some certainties – we have lost our revenue streams, while our ongoing running costs remain largely in place, and we anticipate that we will not be playing matches in the coming months. This is clearly not sustainable.
Although Hibernian is better positioned than most to weather the storm, we are far from immune. Unfortunately, other clubs are facing similar or even more severe problems. The loss of cash in the bank puts our Club under the most severe strain and threat".

Ron iterating his mantra, "one club, one team", and we are strong as one unified group to adjust and take on this crisis together.

GGTTH
Am happy to renew early, even though I have a lot of uncertainty with my own job currently and the new season is all up in the air.

Make no mistake though - the game in Scotland is under huge threat.
ritchiebaby likes this post
Players have taken a deferred wage cut. No need for threats, just done and dusted til the season ticket issue is sorted.
UEFA: Today’s conference call lasted just under two and a half hours. Not one association raised cancelling this season. European football still wants to finish current season - but only when safe to do so. #SSN #UEFA #COVID19
The words "in yer dreams" come to mind! Rolleyes
(01-04-2020, 19:47)hibeejim21 Wrote: UEFA: Today’s conference call lasted just under two and a half hours. Not one association raised cancelling this season. European football still wants to finish current season - but only when safe to do so. #SSN #UEFA #COVID19

The Belgian FA is now the first Euro footie association to end their footie season early and deem Bruges as the champions with Genk as the runners up. This decision to be ratified next week by their member clubs but regarded as a mere formality. Could this be the start of a natural trend to accept the inevitable and do likewise??
Every league in Europe will be waiting to see how this impacts the Belgian TV and sponsorship.

In a statement, the league said: "The board of directors unanimously decided that it was not desirable, whatever the scenario envisaged, to continue the competition after 30 June."

Ooooft.
(02-04-2020, 18:30)hibeejim21 Wrote: Every league in Europe will be waiting to see how this impacts the Belgian TV and sponsorship.

In a statement, the league said: "The board of directors unanimously decided that it was not desirable, whatever the scenario envisaged, to continue the competition after 30 June."

Ooooft.

Well if that passes then the precedent is set!!! Going to be some meltdowns at some clubs if this is what happens across Europe!! The Belgian League only had one game left to go, so their decision was a little easier and they also make no mention of the relegation issue either.
It should be pointed out that Club Bruges were 15 points ahead with 1 game to go. So in my opinion, no precedent has been set for other national leagues, where the top team could be overtaken.
Cabbage is still good for you
(02-04-2020, 22:10)ritchiebaby Wrote: It should be pointed out that Club Bruges were 15 points ahead with 1 game to go. So in my opinion, no precedent has been set for other national leagues, where the top team could be overtaken.

Correct with regards to the Champions, but the relegation picture is much tighter, even with one game to go, but I haven't seen what their plan is for that.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »