Thread Rating:
Serbia v Scotland, Thurs 12 Nov - another Scotland tragedy or qualification at last?
I'm already listening to a lotta Scot footie media people seriously "getting carried away" over an away match that is obviously massive for Scot international footie - 8 x matches unbeaten but some of these games were not v top quality opponents at all plus we recently "robbed" a Czech B team (due to COVID infections) that "played us off the park"! And we are not playing at home. We have a great team spirit and motivation within this group of players but I can see another Scottish tragedy and a loss in Belgrade v a winning team at home that definitely has some vg players in their ranks. I think we have a chance but I'm not getting "carried away"!
Listening to the latest news re Scotland player call-offs and confirmed that Ryan Fraser plus Grant Hanley not travelling to Belgrade. I must say I'm disappointed re the absence of Fraser as we have no natural wingers and he was damn good in our last game/victory v Czechoslovakia. However, a big bonus is the fact that Leigh Griffiths is travelling - I'll take that boost! Also it is difficult to judge who will play in the starting line up as there are a lotta good players, some of whom will not get a game. My guess, for what it is worth, is this team:-

Marshall; O'Donnell/Tierney, Cooper, Gallagher, Robertson; McTominay, McGinn, Armstrong, Jack, McGregor; Dykes

I'd play Armstrong close to Dykes mainly because he is playing very well in a mid attacking role for Southampton in the EPL and scoring goals. Really tempted to drop Robertson for Tierney as still don't trust him in Scotland's defence. However, Clarke will retain him, no doubt.
I did a bit of "reading up" on Serbia's quali play-off final win v Norway and it transpires that the Norwegian strategy was an absolute disaster when Nordic media pundits opined that it was highly questionable "from the off" with no great caution attached to the coach's plan.
This info raises a bit of optimism for me but no more than that. I just hope these Scotland lads "show up" for this final match - there is some good quality within their ranks and it is a case of Clarke "getting the balance right" v opponents who will be the favourites at home but their form in 2020 is not that impressive. Also confidence appears to be gathering momentum in the Scotland camp as positive results accumulate. I just hope it continues on Thursday night.
Looks like Covid might have taken care of a few Serbian players. Dare we to dream ?
Beware! Remember what happened to Scotland recently v a Czech B team although we did win but unconvincingly.
Good Luck to the boys later on.

https://youtu.be/0HerNnMqFdA
Nice finish by Christie, especially after a poor first touch!! 1-0 to Scotland!!
How can I put this ?

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lord Snooty and 0762 like this post
Mitrovic. LOL Laugh

Well done, Scotland. Smile
hibeejim21 likes this post
[Image: 2ZJuVRk.gif]
What is this strange,happy Scotland feeling ?
ritchiebaby likes this post
Brilliant job, Scotland!
hibeejim21 likes this post
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »