Thread Rating:
The thwack of leather on skin Mac's cricketing oddity
https://wyre.play-cricket.com/website/results/5102102

In rain games it's always an advantage to win toss and bat second, we did neither therefore batted first and lost, a 32 over game against a side who were beatable and we couldn't have got off to a better start 50 plus opening stand against some indifferent bowling on an odd wicket, slower than it looked. Messers N Hankey and Clayton did the damage, we started to slow down as wickets started to fall but managed 135-9, milestones James Rawcliffe hit his first ever boundary and Dave Hankey scored his first ever run and the offield banter ended up with us comiing to the conclusion that Michael Jackson was still alive, which in a way is correct as he was caretaker Manager at Burnley.
Got the first wicket at 48 by which time the sinking feeling we were not going to get anything from the game as Jeffries seemed to hit every ball into the field behind the sightscreen, small ground but effortless hitting. Entered thefray at 122-1 and promptly took three wicketsincluding Jeffries caught on the boundary by Neil Hankay, good catch as well.
Sam Wilson did a Stuart Broad caught behind seemed surprised when the umpire gave him out, Wolfenden went first ball, now on a hat trick bowled a pie went for 4 as did the next ball and that was game over
Strangely we have moved well clear of the bottom side as they were docked points for not playing.

The wicket

[Image: 8-A50-CBB8-574-B-4888-86-B6-45-F9-E0187784.jpg]

The field which was found six times by Jeffries

[Image: A3-B3-F45-F-7-C9-E-498-C-8168-1285-E25-B11-E6.jpg]
Have you heard about the news on Mizar 5
People got to shout to stay alive

Easy match report RAIN

https://www.palaceshieldcricket.co.uk/in...ivision-6s

[Image: 8-D420-A95-EC3-E-4-AC8-92-B3-13-C943-CA4-E30.jpg]

Pictured Tony Horsfall now in his 58th consecutive season of cricket apparently marking his crease out or praying, take your pick, neither worked he got a duck.
Having escaped the bottom of the table this defeat and a victory of sorts for Kirkham, their opponents couldn't raise a side means next Sundays clash of the inept takes on massive proportions although the messages from our What's App group asking is there anyone who is able to bowl available does suggest a hard Sunday ahead, never mind back to the last defeat.
Esy grounsd for me barely five minutes from home, so easy missed teh turn off.
Dreadful artifical wicket, both sides were short, they had ten we had nine, we lost the toss, 11-3 didn't bode well, the captain Mr Richards steadied the ship and was over joyed to tell us afterwards he top scored with the epic score of 13, managed to scramble our way to 70 with Thomas McMurdo hitting his first ever boundary. Left arm seamer Hesmondhalgh took 5-15.
70 was never going to be enough although we got rid of their skipper having scored 154 less than he did last time, we never really looked like taking another wicket and so a nine wicket defeat

https://palaceshield.play-cricket.com/we...ts/5102147

On a red hot day we played bottom of the league Kirkham by the end of the game we had swapped positions with them, due to an earlier swap of fixtures we had to play our home game at Kirkham but as we changed the day to Sunday it we could have actually played the game at home, but saying that we got to play at a decent ground
[Image: 70-FE8361-90-A3-48-CE-9-B7-B-32-A91-BE39-CC4.jpg]

We won the toss and elected to bat and our openers put on 50 before Neil Hankey departed, the captain soon departed before Messers Harvey and Carter put on 60 plus, got a bit tetchy at time how you say verbals, nt bad for a clash of two teams in the bottom decision,from 121-3 wickets began to fall on a regular basis, Neil Harvey batted through 30 overs before the heat made him run himself out.
Interesting character is Neil previously played for teh club at teh time of formation 2000 left to work abroad, worked as a TV Presenter on Russia Today, had some nteresting comments about the Special One Jose.
We ended up on 188, my epic innings lasted fine balls, missed the first two, defence prod for third. Next two creamed off the middle of the bat, the first well fielded at short cover, the other hammered back at the bowler who juggled the ball before catching it, the wordds dear me were heard. Third innings on this ground third duck.
[Image: B5-CE25-BA-4-BDA-477-B-BFBA-4-CDA0-DA6-B61-C.jpg]
Luckily the heat had subsided but the home side started off well putting on 49 before the first wicket fell Reddy Jnr caught and Bowled by Lefty Wright. I got Butcher caught on the boundary, decent player this lad.
Took the wicket of Smith who made 64 and then the wicket of Tomlinson who went forward, backwards before walking past teh ball that bowled him.
Sadly though that was our last success as Griffiths and Kilgaggan took them to victory, only four to go we have 10 players this week and we play Wrea Green who are going for promotion. Onwards and Downwards ony
theo_luddite likes this post

https://palaceshield.play-cricket.com/we...ts/5102152

The only consolation about this is we batted first otherwise with the limited bowling attack that we had we could have been chasing well over 300, as it was the game was done and dusted in just over two hours.
Put into bat there were only two double figure .scores the rest of us contributed all of sod.
Captain Richards scored 14 including a six, manwhile hopalong loan player Marcus Webster who has been out all season with a knee injury which he had surgery on about a mnth ago, was only discharged from his Consultant the day before the game hit 20 including one six.
Wasn't easy bowling on the rock hard surface as at one end you had to bowl into a very strong breeze which rendered the use of one sightscreen obsolete due to it being a sheet. There were a couple of dodgy decisions and both umpires forgot to signal byes hence I got two more than I actually got.
Their innings lasted just over 6 overs Wham, Bam Thank you Mam, nine wicket defeat only three to go and third in the league next week

Always a result when you can head for refreshments an hour or two earlier than you might otherwise have done themaclad. Thumb up

It's always 5 o'clock somewhere, like round here just now. Sat in the garden under the temporary tarp shelter from the rain admiring my efforts with spade, fork and paintbrush for the day with a cold 'un to hand and the radio playing my favourite songs.
themaclad likes this post
A guide to cask ale.

[Image: aO7W3pZ.png]

Multi-tasking. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.
Technically only 120 overs left fielding this season

Might have got away with the Jimmy Buffet reference, the mash up (as the pro's call it) of Golden Earing (Radar Love) and Joan Jett (I Love Rock and Roll), er, maybe. Whistle
A guide to cask ale.

I should also mention i don't normally call a spade a spade. It's an f'ing shovel.   :P

Hmm, smilies suddenly stopped working, I've tried most of them. Why ya bugga man.
A guide to cask ale.

Reference now twigged

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »