Thread Rating:
The thwack of leather on skin Mac's cricketing oddity
Cat pee works want to borrow my two?
theo_luddite likes this post
Have you heard about the news on Mizar 5
People got to shout to stay alive

Dog pee works too - trouble is it also takes out the grass.

Cats? No thanks, don't need two more bosses ordering me about while they sit around and watch the world go by or go and snooze for the afternoon.
themaclad likes this post
A guide to cask ale.

[Image: aO7W3pZ.png]

Multi-tasking. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.
https://palaceshield.play-cricket.com/we...ts/5102146

Good news won the toss 4 out of four, even better news we have now appointed a permanent Captain and it ain't me, back to the ranks although may be a couple of weeks before I step out onto the field again.
Both sides had ten men, they had a side mostly of older players with three youngsters, we had four lads under 14 three of them loans and one over 30 who this was only his second ever game of cricket.
Sent them into bat, they made a solid start before losing two wickets at 45.
They should have lost a third before theyreached a 100 hiwever I drpped their captain when he was mid 40's he made 151 not out also when dropping catch damaged thumb, still wollen now, old phrase catch ball you tend not to get injured.
All four of our 14 years olds bowled, the best of the four being young Theo Smith who took a wicket, more of him later.
Every body stuck to teh task although we also dropped two more catches and fielding at times was best described as ropey.
We were never in a million years going to get 260 to win.
We lost wickets on a regular basis and at 56-6 looking down the barrel, went in on a hat trick ball, middle the ball for the first time this season however the pain fro the thumb injury was intense, but playing the wounded soldier stuck around with young Theo.
Was a pleasure to bat with this lad, we managed to put on 49, had the pleasure of facing two left arm over the wicket bowlers the first Hesmondhalgh was useful, the second a young lad, he bowled two overs, windmill action, so guessing were the ball would go was down to guess work, miles ouside leg, then miles ouside off, first bounce a in front of the keeper or a rebound off the moon insterpersed with a good ball.
His two overs cost 26.
As soon as I went bowled again we quickly folded young Theo Smith 35 not out.
Make a note of the name, if he stays with the game this lad could go far, he is that good and he is not 14.

50 plus consectutive games to an end due to this
[Image: 7-E2-F1100-AE09-4182-812-F-D0-D6-E3997-A82.jpg]

That's what my friends in Canada call "an owie".
A guide to cask ale.

Close to what I said
theo_luddite likes this post

Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Rolleyes
themaclad likes this post
A guide to cask ale.

https://palaceshield.play-cricket.com/we...ts/5102092

This week it is from the scorebox, given I didn't play

[Image: CDE9-E859-ED99-4-A01-8-E5-D-36-E784867-A36.jpg]

Heart truly sank when I saw this wicket actually not playing on a wicket which looked excellent, Kirkham Grammar they look after cricketers, we won the toss and inserted them, having seen the side that was picked we had about 8 likely tailenders and so it proved.
Young Lupton another of loannees from Fylde and bowled quite well medium fast good action caused problems. If I remember rightly they put on about 50 for the first wicket, they took advantage of the change bowlers although basically all of Parkinson's runs came on the leg side.
We have some legs who struggle in the field and as you would expect some catches went to them and down they went, even the captain dropped one, like the captain the week before .
Young James got two wickets, as he is only 13 will improve as he gets older.
[Image: C1-E3-D6-C7-7-F5-A-4-E8-B-BC81-37-EC691-BE82-E.jpg]
The disappointment was we had no batting and they didn't have any bowlers, the first over went for 12 and from then on in it was downhill, Butcher ended up with 4-4 bowled a useful yorler but more experienced batsmen would probably have coped with him better, so 50 all out in the basement battle, think we may come bottom again this season.
[Image: 9-C16-A4-FC-BD90-4440-AE27-7-CE9-A094-B568.jpg]

And now tales of knackered digit had an X Ray nothing broken hope to be back a week on Saturday, as for this Saturday struggling to get the numbers out, gone are the days when sides use to have three awaiting drop outs

Well Mac I'd say we're having better luck but I can't. I've been playing with a sprained knee and have picked up a few wickets but nothing like what I used to get. Had a few runs at the start of the season but they've dried up recently too.

On a side note I may be getting my first gig as stumper this weekend. Never done it before, but someone has to
Another day, another door, another high, another low
I'm back tomorrow, also have a knee issue, swells up when I'm working, age related wear and tear, but we have to keep the game going, big game next week but more on that later

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »