Thread Rating:
The thwack of leather on skin Mac's cricketing oddity
And that is it for this season only 6 for tomorrow so game off
Have you heard about the news on Mizar 5
People got to shout to stay alive

The season begins a week on Saturday and the Chairman of the club who was also second team captain has left to join another club, a season of fun in the offing!!!!

Still batting on here themaclad?

Thought you'd enjoy this, as also posted on another thread of a political persuasion.

Spotted in The Grauns cricket coverage today ...

"Not an extra in 24 overs for the Yorkies, the tightwads."

I really don't understand where we get this reputation from .....  Laugh
A guide to cask ale.

[Image: aO7W3pZ.png]

Multi-tasking. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.
After a chaotic last two weeks the season duly got of to a truly uninspiration defeat. Let me set the scene the chairman of the club who was also the second team up sticks and has gone to play for Blackpool. The reason for his defection he was not happy about a possible merger between ourselves and the other club in Poulton, Fylde CC
The aid is to keep their young players in the game as they do not have enough teams to keep them happy and they could end up leaving the club and being lost to the game.
His intention was develop our own talent and as such develop the club. Ours is a council ground which has a Pavillion which is a bit tired saying the least.
The only youth players we have are the first team skipper's sons.
We have also lost including with the second team skipper numbered six, including the two top scorers in the first team, plus the clubs all time leading run scorer.
We have had three new players one who has never played cricket before, so basically the merger is a no brainer.
On Thursday when I saw the 8 men who had been selected, thought we would have difficulty actually scoring double figures, yep it was that bad.
We ended up with 10 in the end. However you need 4 bowlers we had three, so the script was win the toss and bat which I duly and as expected we were 4-5 luckily a bit of lusty tail end hitting got us to 29, which was better than the first match last season when we were all out for 26 and lost by 10 wickets.
The first over of their innings went for 15, the first ball of the next over went for 6 so looking at losing within 2 overs however another exocet was heading towards Mars when the subsitute they had lent us took a one handed catch which has already won catch of the season.
We managed to take another wicket before they won
Might be a long season but the aim is just to get a second team out every week

Second team do not have enough players this week, I suspect I know what is just over the horizon

https://palaceshield.play-cricket.com/we...ts/5102148

After last weeks lack of a team although technically we could have put one out but the team we would have put out would have been weaker than the poor one we put out on the first game, by the look of it I would have had to bowl all 40 overs and open the batting.
So docked three points fro that, today we had 11 including the Taylor brothers so we had a better than normal side.
Usually pre match hassle, anybody got the keys to the pavillion, neither side had a scorer and only we had an umpire. The joys of Division 6 cricket.
Won the toss again theerby enhancing my credibility as the best tosser in the team. put the opposition in. We bowled them outr for 95 Scott Taylor took 7 wickets not bad for someone who hadn't played this season, his brother Steve got one and a very poorly James Rawcliffe got the other, they only had ten men.
The two lads who got virtually all the runs were to say scabby both could have been out numerous times and scored virtually all their runs with leg side shots bit like me but more successful.
Missed catches let some easy runs through mistakes could quite have easily had them out for about 50 but we had a chance.
We lost wickets on a regular basis only Steve Taylor early on with 18 looked permanent, we were 39-3 and looked in with a chance however they had luck with the bat and luck with the ball two wickets were lost to balls which in my case pitch and never got above worm height.
Made a brave effort towards the end just failed but this was a game we so could have easily won.
Next up the league leaders on that joy of all joys an artifical wicket

I'd offer to help out Mac but I presume its a touch far to travel, plus we have troubles of our own!
Another day, another door, another high, another low
Ours is a comlicated story will elaborate shortly

https://palaceshield.play-cricket.com/we...ts/5102112

Won the toss again and put them in three out of three just a magician with the coin, the track looked a bit green so hoped our bowlers would do the trick

[Image: 13-E5-B5-AE-3-C69-4896-8-CEE-076-B125-BF0-F7.jpg]

After 5 overs they were 50-0 as the ball disappeared to all parts, we dropped one catch it went miles into the air Rob Abbott got his hands to hit dropped it. Bowling change the leg spin og Glen Ackerman started to work his way through the batting. At 104-6 we were well in the game but some lusty hitting on serial sledger Kerrigan got them towards their eventual total of 155 which is strange as the scoreboard read 157, we fielded well on a dire school outfield, we only dropped one more catch Rob again, but new boy David Hankey took two. Quite impressive from us

At 29-3 we were up against it but a lengthy stand between Messers Clayton and Carter put on 86, in Clayton's innings he hit a six, several fours and scored twice putting the ball between the posts of the football field which wwe were basically playing on.
Clayton eventually fell to a good diving catch and then it was a bit of a procession although myself and Mr Lever put on 24, we fell just short.

Went to school in Leyland where we were playing, so looked up my old school on Google Maps, disappointed to see that the cricket square was now buried under an artificial football pitch, looks like they no longer play the game

Wouldn't mind some of that track to replace the weed patch that is my front garden. The back garden is fine - the front just grows every weed known to man and some that aren't (well not me anyway). Weed and feed, salt and vinegar you name I've tried it. Knocks 'em down and then they gets straight back up again.
themaclad likes this post
A guide to cask ale.

[Image: aO7W3pZ.png]

Multi-tasking. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »