Thread Rating:
Hamilton
Hamilton just drove off into the distance. Majestic drive tbh. Can't understand why teams don't give his car a nudge. Senna would have taken him off just to take the smile off his face. On to the next.
2020 the year the bubble burst  Doh
Hamilton ix still dominant. Max appears to be the only driver who is simply not scared of him. Botas has given up. It almost as if the season is over.
Yes, the combination of the Mercedes and Hamilton are too good at the moment for the rest of the teams. While the front of the race has been predictable, the rest of the points places have been quite exciting so far with the Racing Point, McLarens, Red Bull and maybe one of the Ferraris being very close in terms of performance.
Hamilton with another dominant drive. I think the rest of the pack have already given up hope. Next !
I think the rest of the pack have given up on winning the race but this season the battle for 4-10th places has been much better than in recent years.
Well Monday certainly delivered a fascinating race and a podium that had you put a tenner on it would have made you a rich man!!! Pierre Gasly takes the win in an Italian car but not the one most would have expected. Hamilton pitted when the pit lane was closed which pushed him to last place and then he managed to work his way up the field to finish 7th, just 2 places behind Bottas. He outpaced Bottas in the last 20 odd laps to the tune of over 20 seconds, Bottas was hardly able to overtake anyone in the whole race. Verstappen didn’t finish and both Ferrari’s failed to finish, Vettel with brake failure and Leclerc crashing out of the race.

We stay in Italy for the next race next week at the Mugello circuit that happens to be Ferrari’s home track, lets see if they can perform better there.
I must admit the Monza race was different on many levels. Very pleased for the 3 guys on the podium. An Italian car winning an Italian GP has a fairytale feeling about it. Almost a "fix" I hear people cry. Lewis's penalty was very harsh - having watched the replays it was a split second debate. Although I'm not a Hamilton fan I do think the penalty didn't fit the crime. Although it improved the actual race no end. Botas was awful - after that drive he may well find himself out altogether. Another few races like this one and a whole lot of interest in other teams and drivers could be generated.
It was a split second thing, but the signs we definitely flashing as he got to them. I will put money on it that Hamilton probably deep down enjoyed that race more!! This race does give some momentum to ideas such as reverse grids or putting technical rules in that make it easier for cars to drive closer and overtake more, but that for me takes away from the great job Mercedes have done and the shoddy job Ferrari are doing for instance.
Just touching back to Hamilton - I have confirmed in my mind that the guy is out of touch with reality.
1. He missed the BLM kneel before the Monza race - how embarassing was that???
2. He is shouting the odds today about his new £80K mercedes car that is going to improve his carbon footprint.???
He's forgotten his 12 gas guzzling supercars in his garage, his F1 car, his endless test laps, his flights to races every week, his private jet.
The guy is cookoo - he needs a slap. I don't care if he thinks he's a martial arts expert. I look forward to the day when someone
smacks him hard.
Vettel to join Racing Point next season, this could be very interesting.
The Pink Mercedes will also be displaying the legendary "Aston Martin" livery next year.
As Lawrence Stroll now owns Aston Martin he can do as he likes Big Grin
Perez is sadly making way, but with a tidy brown envelope. Although he is a millionaire in his own right.
He is young and will certainly be back, plenty of time for him to come good.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »