Thread Rating:
Hamilton
(08-07-2020, 20:42)St Charles Owl Wrote:
(08-07-2020, 20:33)Blue Baggie Wrote: Do they do franchises in the states ? Invest $100K in a driver and get a percentage of future winnings ?

Not that I am aware of.  Sponsorship money basically puts your name somewhere on the car or racing suit or helmet, the money is used to keep the team running.  Prize money, if there is any, I believe at my friends level goes to the team.  I would assume once you get further up the ladder that might be different.  Jared Andretti is paid by the team I think, my friend is unpaid but drives essentially drives for free.  He has reached the level where all the finances get very complicated but as he is a senior at high school he doesn't need income, he needs the exposure.

If you can attract a named sponsor the rewards are remarkable. Whilst working for "Lear" automotive (A ford supply company in USA) they were asked / told
to sponsor the Ford F1 team being run via Jackie Stewart. The cost to stick 2 Lear logo's on the car $6 million and that was 24 years ago.
When Jaguar racing took over the team the logo's were increased in size along with the cost.
2020 the year the bubble burst  Doh
Hamilton's qualifying performance has been lacking, where as Bottas has been consistently good. I am beginning to think the BLM support has taken the edge off his performance. The young and upcoming stars of tomorrow will take no prisoners. Let's see what the weekend brings.
The rain certainly changes everything!! Leclerc out in P2 following Vettel with the same thing last week!! Hamilton fastest going into Q3.

Hamilton fastest again after the first runs in Q3, Verstappen fast as well.

Hamilton takes pole by a mile, easily faster than everyone else and ends up faster by a huge 1.2 seconds over Verstappen!!!
(11-07-2020, 16:35)St Charles Owl Wrote: The rain certainly changes everything!!  Leclerc out in P2 following Vettel with the same thing last week!!  Hamilton fastest going into Q3.

Hamilton fastest again after the first runs in Q3, Verstappen fast as well.

Hamilton takes pole by a mile, easily faster than everyone else and ends up faster by a huge 1.2 seconds over Verstappen!!!

Could be an interesting race. ?
Easy win for Hamilton in the end, no challenge from anyone all race. Bottas caught Verstappen in the final laps. Great racing in the middle of the pack and another great last lap for Norris who picked up 3 places in the last two laps!! The Ferraris took each other out on the first lap was the laugh of the day!!!! Leclerc at fault this time!!
(12-07-2020, 17:28)St Charles Owl Wrote: Easy win for Hamilton in the end, no challenge from anyone all race.  Bottas caught Verstappen in the final laps.  Great racing in the middle of the pack and another great last lap for Norris who picked up 3 places in the last two laps!!  The Ferraris took each other out on the first lap was the laugh of the day!!!!  Leclerc at fault this time!!

I missed the race today I was travelling to France, got delayed at the tunnel for almost 2 hours. So with extra ice cream stops It was 14 hours in the car. Hamilton got his car sorted then. Fair play to him. When he's in the mood he is in another league.
Interesting weekend, lots of unanswered questions? Where's Vettel going? Will Ferrari be quicker with The new aerodynamic upgrades. Or will Hamilton just drive away with the race again xx
Well Hamilton has won in Hungary seven times in his career, so I wouldn't put anyones chances of beating him that high, especially not Ferrari!! Maybe Ferrari should concentrate on taking Hamilton out instead of each other!! Be interesting to see if Bottas can take his form into this race and challenge again.
Looks as though Hamilton will be leading the pack.
Dominant drive by Hamilton, very good 2nd place for Verstappen, managing to stay ahead of a much quicker Bottas who had a stuttering start!! Ferrari's nowhere to be seen!!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »