Thread Rating:
Johnson watch activated - the nightmare begins for the UK!!
Some green list for travel this is.
No wonder they sat on this pile of crap until today. Yet more smoke blown up the British Public's collective backsides by the shysters in Government.

Destination Arrival restrictions
Portugal Travel is currently restricted to residents and those travelling for essential purposes.
Israel Open to vaccinated UK tourists from May 23, but only as part of an organised tour group. Individual tourists may be welcomed back from July.
Singapore Travel from the UK is limited to Singapore citizens and permanent residents.
Australia All international travel on hold until 2022.
New Zealand Border closed to UK travellers.
Brunei Travel is severely restricted, and visitors need special permission from Brunei’s Prime Minister’s Office.
Iceland Non-essential travel is currently not permitted.
Gibraltar Entry is restricted to residents of Gibraltar, registered Gibraltians, Spanish residents and nationals transiting to Spain, and people traveling to Gibraltar for work.
Falkland Islands Tourists are currently not allowed to visit.
Faroe Islands The UK is currently on Denmark’s Orange (Amber) list, and non-essential travel is not recommended.
South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands Access is restricted and visitors require a permit.
St Helena, Tristan da Cunha, Ascension Island St Helena: foreign nationals can visit providing they have had a negative COVID-19 test result within 72 hours of departure. A 14 day quarantine is compulsory.
Tristan da Cunha and Ascension Island: tourists are not currently allowed to visit.

So which country that won't let you in are you booking a holiday for this weekend?
ritchiebaby and 0762 like this post
A guide to cask ale.

[Image: aO7W3pZ.png]

Multi-tasking. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.
Don't forget too that you could book a holiday for next month to one of these destinations, only to find that they are moved to the amber or red lists before you get back and that different rules then apply.
hibeejim21 likes this post
Cabbage is still good for you
They've gotta kick-start the economy in any way they can Theo. We saw enough of this desperate stuff about this time last year to tell us how they over-rule their clinical advisers in order to try to get their economic masterplan "firing on all cylinders". Of course lets not forgot India and other badly affected countries still devastated by COVID variants - a mere inconvenience to this Brit govt with a PM who would let "bodies pile up" if forced to do it!!?
You can't kick start an economy just by letting folk into your country - hell that's how these idiots got us into this mess in the first place. Your economy works on both internal and external spending.

If you can't buy a plane ticket from your local travel agent to go to country X, what ever shade of green list it is on, because they won't let you in, how the hell do you even consider how to get back? If you can come into the UK from country Y on the "Green" list but you can't get back home, why the feck would you even consider coming here in the first place?
ritchiebaby and 0762 like this post
A guide to cask ale.

Yep! However, note we are not dealing with the "brightest lights in the house" when it comes to these kinda decisions and the crass politics that are being played out. It is very concerning to be frank about it and has been for quite a while.
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/vo...d=msedgdhp

No surprise re this voter perception of Johnson's antics. I think the more alarming piece of information is a recent OP of the English electorate that exposed an astounding opinion that condones "barbaric governance" - a 40% response that condoned this form of corrupt govt bordering on fascist principles and blatant law-breaking. I would've liked to scrutinise the age groups of the people who were espousing this denigration of proper governance and the true fundamentals of running a country with proper integrity, dignity and respect of the law and the needs of the whole population in general. I'd wager wads of money on that age demographic being predominantly full of "oldies" who have previously "spouted off" their hateful dialogue on the likes of the bbc re their pro Brexit stance and their narrative bordering on their hatred of life itself as well as a lotta other things that they hate. All negative shit which has been the norm since the anti EU vote in 2016!!!Thumb down
The media in this country are literally the worst. They have poisoned peoples thinking for years now.
ritchiebaby likes this post
I was asked by a colleague how Canada was doing with Covid, as I lived there and used to visit regularly.

Now offering vaccine to all over 18's in Ontario and are upset to have reached 25,000 deaths in 14 months in all of Canada.

Bodgit nowhere near the first target despite his bluster, he hit the second number far closer to 14 weeks than 14 months.

Population about half of ours and whilst spread over a bigger landmass, their main centres of population are as population dense as ours and most (>95%) live 1-2 hours from the US Border. Well, they managed to keep one border closed for the most part other than essential goods/travel. All professional sports teams (NHL, MLS, MLB, NBA) all have to play south of the border to prevent cross border "contamination" for the most part.

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2021...eaths.html

And the Canucks ain't happy with their PM either. Feck me, how happy would they have been with Bodgit in charge?

Did I mention - they didn't need to build a wall to keep that border closed either - unlike the new one that's falling down much further to the south or is being defeated with hi-tech Mexican devices? Apparently they are called ladders - go figure.
A guide to cask ale.

From what I see and hear over hear the unhappiness in Canada seems to come from their vaccination stage rather than the cases or death rate. Canada, like a lot of the EU have struggled to get vaccines and to then get them in arms and only 3.8% of the population is fully vaccinated, a number that is very low and way down the list compared to other Western countries.

It does seem that a lot of the countries who failed to adequately control the virus were governed by right wing nationalistic parties, USA, UK, Hungary, Czechia, Turkey, Brazil etc. In each of these cases the politicization of the pandemic was a common thread as well. Ironically the two main ones, the US and UK have been amongst the best when it comes to getting the vaccine stage right, although I also think this was probably driven by private companies more than the government itself.
Don't know about over there SCO but over here the ONLY thing Bodgit's merry band of idiots got right so far, and I have to wonder how it got under their radar to be honest, was throwing not quite as much silly money (tbh, nowhere near as much silly money) at vaccine research, not done by their mates, as they did at a track and trace project that still doesn't work. It was millions instead of billions and there's likely someone with their hands out wanting to know why they weren't lead consultants.

We've still got a Hotel California app* and no financial assistance worth the name for those that have to self isolate if they even bother to get self tested anymore. If they do they can put any result they like into the system anyway. Net result was we got ourselves at the front of the queue for vaccine deliveries at 2-5x the asking price (current best guess), but we still haven't got close to full vaccination for the one's who are most at risk when we're still fannying around by age groups regardless of risk category.

By some miracle it has been shown that 12 weeks between jabs rather than 3 weeks gives better immunity this week. Amazeballs. Just as the Indjun 2nd out of 3 predominant strains from over there starts to take over from the Kent strain, both of which should be renamed as the "Bodgit didn't want to keep it out again" strain taking over from the Rishy "eat out to spread it about, especially in Kent" strain.

*Check in anywhere you like but you can't ever leave. It checks you out at midnight to save you the bother, even if you were only there for 5 minutes.

Elsewhere it's apparent Modi has really helped to spread it about the world by letting vaccines go out of date while he argued the toss about a few rupees per dose when he also did fork hall the first time round when shear luck kept the Indian numbers low. Meanwhile we keep letting flights into Heathrow from all points India.

At least the BA Staff have again made their point as they did with China. "Feck you, I'm not putting my life at risk and coming in to work on those flights." while BA and the Government don't apparently see a problem, but "the safety of their staff is their highest priority". Whatever.

Still, if you won't admit you ever fecked something up, then you won't ever have anything to learn from will you?
A guide to cask ale.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »