Thread Rating:
Johnson watch activated - the nightmare begins for the UK!!
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/th...d=msedgdhp

This is a vg report that most critics of Johnson and his band of incompetents will appreciate. Firstly, we had the "herd immunity" concept being preached by Johnson - not the best of starts to tackle a major pandemic!! Then we all remember the failed £22B (yes, I'll repeat the huge waste of £22B - compare that with the $2.7B cost of that recent Mars space mission!!) test and trace strategy!!Thumb down And now, hey heyyyy, we have Johnson's roadmap to recovery and already listening to all the RW media spin from the usual suspects re this positive way forward that is full of hope!!! Rolleyes
Boris is good at "forgetting" things that don't fit his bullish, ebullient style. He now seems to have forgotten "data not dates" by giving out dates for just about everything and also, more worryingly, forgotten the lessons that should have been learned from last September's mistakes. Thank goodness for Nicola's cautious, understated attitude.
hibeejim21 and 0762 like this post
Cabbage is still good for you
Precisely Ritchie
Data driven means something along the lines of, when consistently for at least a week
no. folk had 2nd injections = w
new cases per day = x
deaths per day = y
actions we will allow = z

Instead, everyone with the brain cells of an amoeba has a date in their calendars of when they can act progressively less responsible, which in reality will be at least a week before. If getting their hair cut gets pushed back a couple of weeks, all hell will break loose.

Evidence, number of idiots booking holidays abroad this Summer when nobody has said our former friends in the Costa's and various Islands has said we're even welcome yet.
ritchiebaby, hibeejim21, 0762 like this post
A guide to cask ale.

[Image: aO7W3pZ.png]

Multi-tasking. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.
I'm of the opinion now that it doesn't matter anymore. There is literally no holding this mob to account anyway.
Any enquiry will be a whitewash, and as long as the tories can (con)vince 40% of the population that they are doing a good job and that if you stick with them you will stay above those you feel are below you.....well they will romp it under first past the post.

There is literally no barrier to them now doing whatever the xxxx they want. You watch, now they have Brexit in the bag they will come for the devolved administrations next.
Exactly so, but thankfully it does matter to me. Even after my second jab, I'll be wearing a mask in enclosed/crowded spaces and social distancing as much as possible until at least the end of the summer.
theo_luddite likes this post
Cabbage is still good for you
Very wise Ritchie. I'd suggest for most of this year we are going to have to be very careful.
ritchiebaby likes this post
Gotta avoid the "vested interest" mistakes made last year between the spring and autumn periods. For example I notice that the Scotland rugby international in Paris has finally been suspended today after some astonishing compromises by both sets of RU officials in trying desperately to still play this match on Sunday!!!!!??? The right decision but it should've been done days ago, an absolute compromise in public health being displayed in full view of an astounded public audience!!
Our message

[Image: hyPogjn.jpg]

The message of a country that "gets it", or rather, gets how not to get it

[Image: 202012_p10-11_02.jpg?v=1611289664337]

Hmmm, who's doing best?

Best at getting the message across, best at keeping the numbers low?
A guide to cask ale.

[Image: aO7W3pZ.png]

Multi-tasking. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/5-...d=msedgdhp

This is a good listing of some of the most ridiculous and shameless things that Tories have said in the past week. Our esteemed friend Matt Hancock again high up in the pecking order of morons!Thumb down
Back to the COVID crisis and breaking news that Scotland has its 1st three cases of the Brazil variant and get this update - the three individuals fly in from S America/Brazil, land at Heathrow Airport and then travel to Scotland where they test positive with this new strain of COVID, a super spreader!!!! I reflect back to some previous comments from officials of the Scot govt referring to the loophole in England re red-listed and non-RL travellers passing through Heathrow or Dublin to Scotland!?Rolleyes
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »