Thread Rating:
Johnson watch activated - the nightmare begins for the UK!!
Your caring sharing Guv'n'ment back on top form again Doh

"Tory MP Lee Anderson says no massive need for food banks in UK, and real problem people not being able to cook properly."

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/liv...st-updates

wot's changed?

Other than someone started throwing military shit at their next door neighbour - like nobody did in between
A guide to cask ale.

[Image: aO7W3pZ.png]

Multi-tasking. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.
We've said it before - these people don't live in the real world and IT JUST HAD TO BE A ANOTHER HORRIBLE TORY WHO CAME OUT WITH THIS LATEST PIECE OF SANCTIMONIOUS OUTRAGE!!! These clowns just don't know when to "shut their traps" and show some respect for what is a huge problem in this country and it is gonna get worse in the autumn period. It baffles me how a significant part of the population down south still vote for these c####. That is a huge mystery as most normal people surely "must've seen the light" a long time ago and took the necessary mitigating action i.e. ignore them and most certainly don't vote for these shameless toffee-nosed divisive morons!!
You'd like to think so - but don't hold your breath. Lost 500 seats but some bloke holding a bottle of beer filmed through the window of a building up the far end of a long drive by some Tory scumbags son is apparently the most important thing right now.
A guide to cask ale.

It really grinds my gears that Boris is allowed to say things like "we will scrap the NI protocol to protect the good friday agreement" unchallenged.
The protocol exists precisely to protect the good friday agreement and to ensure no hard border on the island.

A trade war with the EU would be nuts, i mean what are we going to do ? Start checking goods that come in to the country that we don't currently because it would cause too much disruption ?

That brain donor Truss is in charge and is saying they "have no choice".....but they do, after all its THEIR protocol.
It's a great distraction from Johnson's probs at home together with his distraction of fighting the war in Ukraine, only it is not the UK fighting this war at all!! This man (and Truss!) is a scumbag, pure n simple! His latest ploy in Finland offering and agreeing joint cooperation if attacked is cringeworthy because of his true motives to try and "save his skin".
Re the NI issues, Truss announced yesterday that the govt will reject the EU''s proposals to fix issues with the NI protocol, which it says has disrupted trade and led to political turmoil at Stormont. NOW THAT'S PRETTY RICH!! Yes, there is turmoil. But last week there was also a democratic election which produced an assembly, two thirds of whose new members ACTUALLY SUPPORT THE PROTOCOL because it gives them the best of both worlds. Able to trade seamlessly with Ireland and the EU and with GB once the paperwork is completed. Not ideal, but workable!! And yet, because the trounced Dem Unionists are holding Stormont to ransom, Johnson has ignored the pro-protocol balance of public opinion and is rushing headlong into a trade war?????? A trade war that will damage the whole UK. IMO these people shouldn't be in govt!! It's a disgrace that they are getting away with the same shameless, crass stuff they've been doing since they usurped their own political party and govt a few years ago. An angry rammy with the EU definitely gives Johnson a tiny piece of cover from the unprecedented meltdown in living standards that he and his govt don't care a shit about. So far, the wheeze is going to plan!! Rolleyes
ritchiebaby likes this post
https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/news/m...ng-322218/

This revelation just confirms why this Brit govt should be "brought down" asap. Millions n millions of quid, our money, used to feed bungs to The Scum and The Daily Hatemail giving these scumbags favourable coverage and ignoring the deserved criticisms ands exposure of their wrongdoings. THIS IS NOT WHAT GOVT SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO PRACTISE AND IMO THERE SHOULD BE A FORMAL PUBLIC ENQUIRY INTO THIS OUTRAGEOUS MISUSE OF PUBLIC MONEY.
(11-05-2022, 19:55)theo_luddite Wrote: Your caring sharing Guv'n'ment back on top form again  Doh

"Tory MP Lee Anderson says no massive need for food banks in UK, and real problem people not being able to cook properly."

I don't particularly like agreeing with a Tory, but in this case he's right. Many people I know either can not or will not cook meals for themselves and most of them live on ready meals and takeaways. That's fine for a treat, but for cheaper everyday meals, cook it yourself.

It's the same with heating your house (and yourself). What's wrong with advising people to wear an extra layer in the house and turn down the central heating?

Both are basic common sense if you ask me (I know you didn't), but too many need to be told, instead of working it out for themselves.
Cabbage is still good for you
(13-05-2022, 00:05)ritchiebaby Wrote:
(11-05-2022, 19:55)theo_luddite Wrote: Your caring sharing Guv'n'ment back on top form again  Doh

I don't particularly like agreeing with a Tory, but in this case he's right. Many people I know either can not or will not cook meals for themselves and most of them live on ready meals and takeaways. That's fine for a treat, but for cheaper everyday meals, cook it yourself.

It's the same with heating your house (and yourself). What's wrong with advising people to wear an extra layer in the house and turn down the central heating?

Both are basic common sense if you ask me (I know you didn't), but too many need to be told, instead of working it out for themselves.

I do cook nearly all my meals ritchie, as do most people I know, maybe it's a generational thing - yet this dimwit claims you can cook nutritious meals for 30p - not all bloody week you can't. Let's have him and his fascinating recipes on Saturday Kitchen or Masterchef if he's that good. A kilowatt of electricity costs near to 30p depending on who's tariff you're on and the daily standing charges are the thick end of 50p. That 30p goes up in smoke pretty quickly the minute you turn the oven on.
0762, ritchiebaby, hibeejim21 like this post
A guide to cask ale.

(13-05-2022, 00:05)ritchiebaby Wrote:

I know what you are saying Ritchie, but this guy is conflating 2 entirely different things.
The "real problem" is low wages and high energy costs.
0762 and ritchiebaby like this post
Yep! The word "conflated" must be emphasised in this narrative. This Tory conveniently missing out a lotta relevant factors attached to the issue incl the political negligence attached to his own govt. He apparently claimed something in the region of £225k quid in expenses last year - another Tory who has never experienced hard times or true destitution in his lifetime and never will - the same as the clown prince, Johnson!! It's a common theme amongst these toerags - they like to vilify people who are below their status and particularly focus on criticising many vulnerable groups in this country, the most badly affected by the cost of living crisis.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »