Thread Rating:
Johnson watch activated - the nightmare begins for the UK!!
Laugh Laugh Laugh

Its beyond blatant isn't it ?
Dyson reckons he gave them for free and it cost him (or his company) millions.
A guide to cask ale.

[Image: aO7W3pZ.png]

Multi-tasking. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.
(21-04-2021, 17:01)theo_luddite Wrote: Dyson reckons he gave them for free and it cost him (or his company) millions.

In the early days of covid the German military donated 40 ventilators to the NHS, I don't even recall them getting so much as a thank you in the press.
"Australian MP accuses UK of ‘amateurish’ tactics by insulting trade minister"

Another xxxx up by Truss, my spaniel would make a better trade minister.
The Dyson ones were never approved for use by the NHS either. Hmm, did he confuse ventilation with suction? Doh
ritchiebaby likes this post
A guide to cask ale.

theo - the UK didn't need/want his ventilators, so his sales seem to be ZERO. But wait, is it not the case that Research and Development Expenditure attracts 100% tax relief, so expenditure totals, say, £20M? Net loss therefore of £20M, which can be deducted from one of his other businesses' profits, so it's not exactly the magnanimous gesture he is making it out to be.
Cabbage is still good for you
Lol - Cummings and goings accuses Bodgit of lying. Laugh

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/202...is-johnson

Comedy gold.

(22-04-2021, 22:06)ritchiebaby Wrote: theo - the UK didn't need/want his ventilators, so his sales seem to be ZERO. But wait, is it not the case that Research and Development Expenditure attracts 100% tax relief, so expenditure totals, say, £20M? Net loss therefore of £20M, which can be deducted from one of his other businesses' profits, so it's not exactly the magnanimous gesture he is making it out to be.

He also ensured his R&D team didn't have to pay any UK Tax if they were here for longer than 90 days.

By the way - R&D tax relief covers a lot more than just your R&D team time/wages and any obvious/invoiced equipment/hardware costs. It also covers meetings with management & the Board up to MD (as examples) as they are expected to be briefed on a regular basis. An hour of their time can be costed at a week to a month and the rest of an R&D bods time in the blink of an eye. Just saying.
hibeejim21 and ritchiebaby like this post
A guide to cask ale.

So Boris Johnson was against the European Super League but he's all for the proposals of a British Super League and inviting Rangers and Celtic to the Premier League as he believes it will fight Scottish nationalism. If Rangers and Celtic were invited into a British Super League then it would destroy Scottish football, it wouldn't benefit the union but cause more resentment.
CHESTERFIELD PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2015/2016

More to Football than the Premier League and SKY
I'm sure FIFA would have something to say about that anyway. It's just "opening up a can of worms" where other mid-Euro clubs like Ajax could easily cross the Channel to participate as well and devalue their own Eredivisie in the process. Another typical ill-conceived, unthinking opinion from the blond buffoon.
(23-04-2021, 23:30)0762 Wrote: I'm sure FIFA would have something to say about that anyway. It's just "opening up a can of worms" where other mid-Euro clubs like Ajax could easily cross the Channel to participate as well and devalue their own Eredivisie in the process. Another typical ill-conceived, unthinking opinion from the blond buffoon.

Funny you say that because there was talk last month of Eredivisie and Jupiler (Belgium league) creating a cross border league and calling it BeNeLiga. UEFA seem to be in favour of cross border divisions and I think UEFA would be in favour of a Super League if they were running it.

Johnson isn't a football fan and he only came out against the European Super League this week because he saw that it would be a vote winner especially in the local elections. The guy doesn't lead, he waits to see which way the wind is blowing and then runs to the front and goes 'follow me'. He isn't a leader and should never have got the job, he's a man who has no principles, morals, doesn't really believe in anything, seems to be more worried about his popularity than leading the country.

You look at the Tories and you think who can take over from him. Gove? Patel? Sunak? Raab? Mogg?. Then you look at Labour and Starmer seems to be too worried to actually come out and say what he really thinks so he fence sits, flip-flops or picks an opinion or viewpoint he hopes the public agrees with. The next Labour leader isn't in Parliament but is currently the Manchester mayor Andy Burnham. A man who tells it as it is and doesn't sugar coat it, he takes on the Tories and holds them to task.
theo_luddite likes this post
CHESTERFIELD PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2015/2016

More to Football than the Premier League and SKY
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »